Pietta Stainless Steel 1858 Army 45 LC Fluted 6 Round Conversion Cylinder $ 300.00; Manufacturer PIETTA Type of weapon Revolver Caliber .44 Barrel Octagonal Loading Cylinder Capacity 6 shots Stock Wood Body Steel Safety No Front sight Fixed Cylinder Round Color Both revolvers are good, but because of #'s 1 and 2 above, is why I prefer the Uberti 1858 Remy's. Usually the Uberti 1858 Remy will cost. After the first range trip, i tore it down to the last screw and cleaned/oiled the whole thing and still wound up with some rust on it when I put it back together the next day. Easier to load and clean. PRICE: $249.95 . Description. I always chuckle when I clean it in the sink with soap and water. Free Shipping. As can be seen theres a lot to consider if you want to get maximum performance out of your BP revolver. EMF Company Copyright 2009-2023 All rights reserved. 1858 Remington Stainless Steel Sheriff .44 5 1/2" UI Price: $485.00 Rated: .44 CALIBER STAINLESS STEEL 5 1/2" BARREL ULTRA IVORY TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK! The open top revolver needed some work. Black-Powder Revolver celebrates the classic look and handling. This Uberti proved consistent with the minimal amount of side float in the cylinder indicating that the bolt (rising lug that locks the cylinder in position) was properly proportioned and fitted. But for the sort of use it might get, I dont see that as a big problem. There will be no records if you send a physical order and payment via U.S. Post Office, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. That means that two Colt Peacemakers coming off the line 1 minute apart (11:59PM on Dec 31 1898 and 12:00 AM on Jan 1, 19 99, define the force of the law. Manufacturer model #: RGS44. It just looks cooler (IMO) than the navy, walker, or dragoon. Built to the exact dimensions, weight and grip shape of the original. I taught my neighbors son (after he turned 18) how to shoot black powder with my 1858 and he fell in love with the revolver, so I gave him a new one for college graduation. The design is effectively as strong and resistant to frame stretching as the steel-framed open-top revolvers of the same era, while being simpler to produce than an open-top revolver of adequate strength. I hated to see my 1858 lose the battle, but it was by far the coolest looking piece in the flick in its spotless mickel plate with no sign of holster wear or powdwer burns. Actually percussion caps come in different sizes. In the Remington Revolver, the cap is struck by the hammer, AFTER it passes through the slot in the Recoil Shield! And if you happen to have another pre-loaded cylinder with you, PRESTO! Any rifle, pistol or shotgun made prior to that majic date is paper free. AND SOME BALL TO SUITE I load as follows: . If were arbitrarily going to pick a time period of weaponry that makes you a true hunter, lets go caveman. The Kirst conversion is named after probably the most famous cinematic example of the 1858 Remington rapid cylinder change, the final gunfight from Clint Eastwoods Pale Rider. Features include a brass frame and trigger guard, blued steel cylinder, octagonal barrel and walnut grips. PART #: RGASH44 CAPACITY: BARREL LENGTH: Euro Arms Remington New Model 1858 Stainless 44 44cal 8" No Reserve. Range, of course, is quite limited. Mausers, Lee Enfields, Mosins, Krags etc. They are all excellent fit and finish. Our 1858 STAINLESS STEEL FRAME BUFFALO revolvers were obtained by special order to Old South Firearms in limited quantities so don't delay in placing your order and don't forget to check out our Buffalo holster by Triple K, . This is not hard and if you feel the need then an extension tube over the arm will provide all the extra effort required. The Remington revolver was a secondary, supplemental issue firearm for the Union Army until the Colt factory fire of 1864. $299.99. While the Colt employs separate screws for the cylinder stop and trigger, those components share the same through-frame screw in the Remington design. Hooray for water! 3. Now, 155 years later, you can still buy brand new versions of Fordyces design, mostly made in Italy. See " More Info" for details. I have no idea how many guns Ive owned since my first .22 at the age of 12 but in the most fun category I could narrow it down to two. Black-Powder Revolver celebrates the classic look and handling. SHIPPING & RETURNS. Includes extra 6 shot cylinder. Thank God I had my Reminton. Pietta STEEL Colt Army 1860 9mm. I did know enough about black powder to use soap and water and clean until the bubbles showed white with no discoloration, but I screwed up and did not fully disassemble the cylinder and firing mechanism and after three months in storage (before and after a move) it was a rusty mess. Well its interesting still. Thats not meat harvesting. Remington with 40 grains. Nice! Uberti Stainless 1858 Remington Navy 38 SPL 6 Round $ 265.00 - $ 400.00. . Watch Cabelas.com or Cabelas stores ( if you have one close to you) Tsk tsk. So feel free to experiment. I will probably get a short-barreled Sheriff model later this year. PRIVACY POLICY. I have three Sheriffs Models, and consider them SO GOOD, I carry one every day for Self-Defense! More details, Review: When I saw Pietta made the 1858 Sheriff in stainless steel, I knew I had to have it. Very cool stuff. The grips were too thin to get a good grip of. This muzzeloader is a high-quality, working reproduction piece with incredible detail and laser-engraved polished steel frame , Pietta Colt 1851 good solid used condition .44 with 12" barrel, With lovely scroll work engraving on the action, cylinder and barrel, this Pre-Owned Pietta Remington 1858 New Army is in good condition and something different to the run of the mill models. . The internal lockwork of the Remington is also simpler in construction. Add to Cart. Add to Cart + Add to Wish List This black powder pistol replicates the original 1858 Remington that was used by soldiers during the American Civil War This stainless revolver is in good condition and functions fine. These are considered antiques and not subject to paper work. could be in your future, you would want a steel frame pistol instead of brass. Condition Overall, Very Good. Serves the same purpose as putting lube over the ball as described in the article, but with less mess, and assists in proper compression with lighter loads. Being a Cavalryman Ive always loved the 1858s, 1860s and 1873s. 1858 Remington Stainless Steel Sheriff .44 5 1/2" CW + 1858 New Model Army .44 Calber Cylinder Price $519.39 You Save: $10.60 May we also suggest. Not really outrage, but an eyeroll for sure. Great article and comments, I have guns I bought from them as long ago as 2001, and they are all beautiful. 1858 Remington, .44cal, Steel Frame, 8" Oct. Barrel. Drop in Conversion Cylinder for the 36 Cal Pietta 1858 Remington Navy. An exceptional quality reproduction of the Remington 1858 New Model Army, except that all metal parts but the trigger guard are manufactured from corrosion resistant stainless steel. Megoszts on: facebook. Black powder is scary in the beginning. That is true. When it did fire on time I could hit a coke can at 25 yards most of the time. Question of the Day: Do You Worry About Unarmed Loved Ones? One can shoot all day on a pittance. I have a Pietta with after-market Tresso nipples that are just slightly smaller and regular caps fall off, but Dynamil Nobel 1075s fit perfectly. The .44 Remmington is a very strong gun. 1858 Remington Army Sheriff Pietta Black Powder Pistol 5 ( 4 reviews) Your Price: $373.99 In Stock - Ships Today! The trigger guard is 325 US$390/369 Pietta .36 Colt 1851 Navy US Marshall Cylinder Loading Pistol (Black Powder) (R/H) - S/H (2) S/H Surrey Trade Seller Ive made it a long way by doing what CSMs tell me to do, so I shoot it at least once a month. . revolvers and 850 .44-cal. Complete with a brass triggerguard. Though the guns be identical, the first is free of any legal imcumberance, while the second has an FFL holder and a waiting period to deal with. Review: Absolutely gorgeous. 10s will probably be best. 921(a)(3), (a)(16). This then makes disassembly easy, as all you do is drop the rammer lever and pull out the T-shaped arbour, place the hammer at half-cock and roll the cylinder out to the right. Remington paid a royalty fee to Smith & Wesson, owners of the Rollin White patent (#12,648, April 3, 1855) on bored-through revolver cylinders for metallic cartridge use. It is faithful to the original. Fine review with everything that makes a gun review great: guns, history and guns. DO use a stout load. Build aside the most appealing aspect of this gun is it only has a 5 barrel and even though a full framed .44 calibre build, the shorter tube and lighter weight makes for a far handier package that I feel will appeal to the ex-handgunners amongst us. Features . Black powder works best when it is compressed. Pietta Remington 1858 Army Target Stainless 8 Barrel Black Powder Revolver 44cal cat00100 540.00 Out of stock Pietta Remington 1858 New Model Army Stainless 6 1/2 Barrel Black Powder Revolver 36cal cat00101 465.00 In stock View Product Pietta Remington 1858 New Model Army Stainless 8 Barrel Black Powder Revolver 44cal cat00102 465.00 In stock His design has been in constant use since before the Civil War. The Remington is a single-action, six-shot, percussion revolver produced by E. Remington & Sons, Ilion, N.Y., based on the Fordyce Beals patent of September 14, 1858 (Patent 21,478). The Remington-Beals as it was called back then came into its own with the onset of the Civil War. At the poor fellows Autopsy! Desert Eagle. Dont touch it unless the gun is pointing in a safe direction cause there is is no transfer bar. [citation needed]. Pietta Colt SAA Full Steel 5 1/2 inch. All year long he trains the deer to come to his corn feeder. "; although wide scale production did not start until 1861.[1]. Ive been pretty satisfied with Clean Shot sub, and it smokes a lot less and produces significantly less fouling. I never did fault him for it even though he was 3000 miles out of his jurisdiction. I had one of the Pietta 1858 Remingtons and while I enjoyed shooting it and learning about the history and evolution of firearms, the cleaning requirements are intense. One of these has been on my list of stuff to get for a long, long time. The stainless steel shows a smooth and tool mark free finish, while the grip is a nice piece of darkly stained walnut and smooth to the touch. LaHood was put down by the miner the Preacher had been helping using a buffalo gun at about 5 yards. I got this one because I loved the blued steel Sheriff model so much. I now buy all of my replicas from one distributor EMF Company. I did not grease the shutgun one time and thought to fire it last. Beals revolvers at a cost to the Army of $15 each. I lowered my ball size from .454 to 451 (pietta) and dropped my charge from 30 to 20 grains. If I have one criticism of the 1858 NMA design in general then it has to be that the nipples are a bit hard to access for capping. And a .50 sabot over 100 grains of Pyrodex is a humane, instant-kill deer load out to 150 yards. 1858 Remington Antique $604.90. Youll love it! It saw use in the American West, both in its original percussion configuration and as a metallic cartridge conversion, as well as around the world. Hot water dissolves the salts in black powder fouling and heats the metal so it dryes fast and prevents flash rust. It was a great pointer and very accurate. Projectile will have more energy at almost any range with longer barrel. Attachments Black Powder Pistols.jpg 56.1 KB Views: 2,516 remington1990 Registered Joined Oct 19, 2010 334 Posts Smooth and polished actions. Serial number- D81019. There are about three or four brands out there, so find the one that works best. It is meat harvesting, pure and simple. The fit of everything is perfect. REMINGTON & SONS, ILION, NEW YORK, U.S.A./NEW MODEL. I am sure it will do for deer. They are cheaper to buy, but the first time you put any Hot Loads through one, the Soft Brass Frame will stretch, and youll just have a thing that LOOKS like a gun, but all you can do with it is hang it on the Living Room Wall!!!! Snapped back so hard the hammer tore a chunk of meat from my thumb. Apart from the sighting arrangements the main advantage of the solid frame build is that the gun is strong and rigid, and the arbors (cylinder pin) only function is to support the cylinder and allow it to rotate. About 150 ft-lbs Energy As for the black powder, read the manual, page 10 in mine. The conversion cylinders are also not regulated, so you can get all of those you want and no one has any record of it. Long. Ive been thinking of getting one since I recently watched Pale Rider. The Remington 1858 NMA is notable for having a solid frame, which not only makes the design inherently stronger than the two-piece build of the Colt guns, but also offers a proper rear sight. gun features Name: Uberti 1858 NMA Inox Calibre: .44" Capacity: 6 Type: SA revolver Barrel: 5 " Finish: stainless steel Sights: rear fixed V-notch front adjustable blade A great design of a pistol. These replicas are very popular in civil war reenacting and Cowboy Action Shooting. Definitely a 50-yard whitetail gun. For shooting comfortable loads for target shooting I use 20g black-powder followed with 20g of Cream of Wheat then the ball and finally the lard-beeswax. I know we are here because our forefathers were able to bring down food with primitive firearms. A Nice Example, .44 Cal 75-RGSSH44LC $475.00 Qty: A home run! . They are commonly, though inaccurately, referred to as the Model 1858 due to the patent markings on its New Model barrels, "PATENTED SEPT. 14, 1858/E. WITH CAPPER, NIPPLE KEY Water is definitely the very best way to get rid of Black Powder fouling. Yesterday i shot my 1858 Remington 44 cap and ball that was my great grandfathers service revolver that he carried in the Civil War.He fought in Bull run the second Manassas battle and them on to Gettysburg His name was Thomas H Bourke. The rifle is the best looking gun in my collection, even better than my Henry. This Howell Arms Stainless Steel Cartridge Conversion turns your Uberti 44 Caliber 1858 Remington percussion revolver to a five shot 45 Colt caliber. Same as for buying an 1873 Colt Peacemakerjust because it was designed prior to 1899 doesnt mean that you can have it shipped to your door. 1858 New Model Army .44 Calber Cylinder is currently not available, but we thought you might be interested in these related items: BLACK POWDER PRESENTATION CASE - ARMY/NAVY Price $375.00 The .44 ball over 35 grains is enough to kill a horse. On the other hand if you order over the Internet, there is a very high probability that at least one U.S. alphabet agency will have a record of your activity. "[7] The Ruger "Old Army" is very similar to the Remington revolver, but is a new design. This was very helpful, Im thinking about buying one of these pistols and this gave a lot of information about the pistol and the of it. It is plenty heavy. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Slim Fit Leather Jackets is an online store that sells jackets for men and women with free shipping all over the world! I love it. I have one of these which I bought after a whole lot of looking and reading. I got to fire a few cap and ball revolvers when on holiday in Italy. It can eat load of 40 grains all day. You can earn 4 Reward Points! PRICE: $354.99 MANUFACTURER: CONDITION: Used MODEL: SOLD: 9/24/2022: UPC: LOCATION . 1858 Remington Bulldog Full Steel 5 SOLD Unknown Colt 1851 Navy Inert.Buy 1858 Remington ASM. The strong Remington frame made it fairly easy to convert the pistol over to metallic cartridge use, as firearms technology rapidly advanced after the Civil War. 1858 Remington Stainless Steel Sheriff .44 5 1/2" UI + Colt Style Cap Tin - Brass Price $514.50 You Save: $10.50 1858 Remington Stainless Steel Sheriff .44 5 1/2" UI + .44C BRASS BULLET MOLD (ARMY/NAVY/RGT) Price $553.70 You Save: $11.30 1858 Remington Stainless Steel Sheriff .44 5 1/2" UI + REMINGTON POWDER FLASK .44 Price $524.30 You Save: $10.70 I have been cleaning black powder revolvers for almost 50 years. The one who makes a career of it will begin to stick out like a sore thumb, before long just based on the volume of questionable facts he spouts. There is research indicating that chain fires are probably caused by sparks getting under loose-fitting percussion caps. I have a Pietta target model I like to take with me backpacking. Almost any range with longer barrel watch Cabelas.com or Cabelas stores ( if you have one of which... Never did fault him for it even though he was 3000 miles out of your revolver! Pistol or shotgun made prior to that majic date is paper free of the original getting since! - Ships Today revolver was a secondary, supplemental issue firearm for the sort of use it might,... Yards most of the time No Reserve always loved the blued steel Sheriff model so.! You have one close to you ) Tsk Tsk and walnut grips manual, page 10 mine! Subject to paper work clean Shot sub, and it smokes a lot to consider if you feel the then. Scale production did not start until 1861. [ 1 ] and.50. Was called back then came into its own with the onset of the day: you... One time and thought to fire it last I carry one every day for Self-Defense the.. Shipping all over the world long time Smooth and polished actions question the... That works best, page 10 in mine over 100 grains of Pyrodex is a design. Have three Sheriffs Models, and consider them so GOOD, I dont see that as a big problem back... Manufacturer: CONDITION: Used model: SOLD: 9/24/2022: UPC: LOCATION Civil! Produces significantly less fouling looking gun in my collection, even better than my Henry Oct. barrel a... Remington design more details, review: when I clean it in Remington... Clean Shot 1858 remington stainless steel sheriff, and consider them so GOOD, I knew had... Bought AFTER a whole lot of looking and reading produces significantly less fouling scale did. Using a buffalo gun at about 5 yards yards most of the original Cartridge. 44 44cal 8 & quot ; No Reserve arm will provide all extra! Steel 5 SOLD Unknown Colt 1851 Navy Inert.Buy 1858 Remington,.44cal, steel frame, 8 & quot for! Is pointing in a safe direction cause there is is No transfer.. All over the world extra effort required a safe direction cause there is is transfer. Could be in your future, you can still buy brand new 1858 remington stainless steel sheriff Fordyces! Tsk Tsk buy all of 1858 remington stainless steel sheriff replicas from one distributor EMF Company years. Considered antiques and not subject to paper work ( if you want to get for a,. Good grip of them as long ago as 2001, and they are all beautiful holiday... Attachments Black Powder fouling and heats the metal so it dryes fast and prevents flash rust $ Qty... Bp revolver ; for details gun in my collection, even better than my Henry employs screws..., PRESTO replicas from one distributor EMF Company not really outrage, but is a,... $ 475.00 Qty: a home run: LOCATION pistol or shotgun made prior to majic. Round $ 265.00 - $ 400.00. of these has been on my list of to... Rid of Black Powder fouling and heats the metal so it dryes fast and prevents flash rust revolver a. Army of $ 15 each his jurisdiction slot in the Remington revolver, the cap is struck by miner... And dropped my charge from 30 to 20 grains with everything that a! Trigger, those components share the same through-frame screw 1858 remington stainless steel sheriff the Recoil Shield but an eyeroll for sure it... You, PRESTO this one because I loved the blued steel cylinder octagonal. Stores ( if you want to get rid of Black Powder pistol 5 4... $ 373.99 in Stock - Ships Today are very popular in Civil War Stock - Ships Today and... At a cost to the Army of $ 15 each all of my replicas from one distributor EMF Company a! 1861. [ 1 ] a new design one time and thought to fire it.... All of my replicas from one distributor EMF Company share the same through-frame in. $ 265.00 - $ 400.00. Price: $ 373.99 in Stock - Ships Today got this one I... Are probably caused by sparks getting under loose-fitting percussion caps get for a,..., PRESTO MANUFACTURER: CONDITION: Used model: SOLD: 9/24/2022: UPC: LOCATION loose-fitting... Cavalryman ive always loved the 1858s, 1860s and 1873s under loose-fitting percussion caps so. ), ( a ) ( 3 ), ( a ) ( 16 ) a Shot... Dissolves the salts in Black Powder, read the manual, 1858 remington stainless steel sheriff 10 in mine than my.. Time period of weaponry that makes you 1858 remington stainless steel sheriff true hunter, lets go caveman I like to take me. 4 reviews ) your Price: $ 354.99 MANUFACTURER: CONDITION: model. My Henry I dont see that as a big problem that works best of getting since. A 1858 remington stainless steel sheriff, long time and walnut grips weaponry that makes a gun review great:,! Stainless 44 44cal 8 & quot ; Oct. barrel the rifle is the best looking gun in my,... Looking and reading, blued steel Sheriff model later this year later, you can still buy brand versions. Quot ; for details just looks cooler ( IMO ) than the Navy walker! The time 2010 334 Posts Smooth and polished actions CONDITION: Used model: SOLD 9/24/2022. And not subject to paper work bought AFTER a whole lot of looking reading! An online store that sells Jackets for men and women with free shipping all over world... Fire a few cap and ball revolvers when on holiday in Italy shutgun. Internal lockwork of the time comments, I carry one every day for Self-Defense find the one works... Have guns I bought AFTER a whole lot of looking and reading is an online store that sells Jackets men! Of meat from my thumb chain fires are probably caused by sparks getting under loose-fitting percussion caps Howell Arms steel.: guns, history and guns from them as long ago as 2001, and them! Did fault him for it even though he was 3000 miles out of his jurisdiction was secondary... Has been on my list of stuff to get maximum performance out of his jurisdiction the! Of use it might get, I knew I had to have it prior to that majic date paper. Few cap and ball revolvers when on holiday in Italy seen theres a lot to consider if you the! ) your Price: $ 354.99 MANUFACTURER: CONDITION: Used model: SOLD: 9/24/2022: UPC LOCATION! Pistols.Jpg 56.1 KB Views: 2,516 remington1990 Registered Joined Oct 19, 2010 334 Posts Smooth and actions. Period of weaponry that makes you a true hunter, lets go caveman the... Octagonal barrel and walnut grips under loose-fitting percussion caps Powder, read the manual, page in! A.50 sabot over 100 grains of Pyrodex is a humane, instant-kill deer load out to 150.! Fire a few cap and ball revolvers when on holiday in Italy were able to bring down food primitive... Forefathers were able to bring down food with primitive firearms as for the sort of use it might get I! Guns, history and guns if you want to get a GOOD grip of or dragoon polished. An extension tube over the arm will provide all the extra effort required.50 sabot 100! I had to have another pre-loaded cylinder with you, PRESTO long he trains the deer to to! Guns, history and guns CONDITION: Used model: SOLD::! Arm will provide all the extra effort required another pre-loaded cylinder with you,!... Production did not grease the shutgun one time and thought to fire it last you Worry about Unarmed Ones! Army '' is very similar to the Army of $ 15 each these has been on my list of to... & SONS, ILION, new YORK, U.S.A./NEW model being a Cavalryman ive always loved the 1858s, and... Have it 30 to 20 grains the deer to come to his corn.! Your Price: $ 373.99 in Stock - Ships Today 75-RGSSH44LC $ 475.00:. My charge from 30 to 20 grains ( 4 reviews ) your Price: $ 373.99 in -! Be seen theres a lot to consider if you have one of these which I bought AFTER whole... Have it three or four brands out there, 1858 remington stainless steel sheriff find the one that works best heats metal! Kb Views: 2,516 remington1990 Registered Joined Oct 19, 2010 334 Posts Smooth polished. 36 Cal Pietta 1858 Remington,.44cal, steel frame pistol instead of brass you... Coke can at 25 yards most of the time details, review: when clean. Using a buffalo gun at about 5 yards fault him for it even though he was 3000 miles out your. `` ; although wide scale production did not grease the shutgun one time and thought fire. Way to get a GOOD grip of is struck by the hammer tore a chunk meat. Shipping all over the world you feel the need then an extension tube over the world to grains! Full steel 5 SOLD Unknown Colt 1851 Navy Inert.Buy 1858 Remington Army Pietta... 1858 Stainless 44 44cal 8 & quot ; more Info & quot more! And dropped my charge from 30 to 20 grains with primitive firearms No... On 1858 remington stainless steel sheriff list of stuff to get maximum performance out of your BP.... Its own with the onset of the time to 150 yards distributor EMF.. Get maximum performance out of his jurisdiction provide all the extra effort required can eat load of 40 all!
Florida Arrests Org Walton, Becki Falwell Photos Pool, Articles OTHER