Lots of space and storage. More opinions are needed!Write a review to add yours.Review Blue Cliff College - Alexandria, More opinions are needed to display this poll. They just really don't care. The name of the college is taken from an ancient Zen text, the Blue Cliff Record, containing dialogues between Zen masters and their students. "It's legal," she answers. Prime location in the Garden District located 1 block to St. Charles Ave, 2 blocks to Commander's Palace, and 3 blocks to Magazine Street. And I wanted even more to be a salon owner, or to teach, maybe to teach, spread the knowledge of what I know, what I've learned over the years. The Blue Cliff - Metairie acceptance rate is 100%. CONTACT US (251)-473-2220 Admissions@blue.edu 2970 Cottage Hill Rd. BCC was founded in 1987. The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. - 3 bedrooms Graduating 54% of students, Blue Cliff - Alexandria alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $17,100. bluecliffcollege.edu 3200 CLEARY AVE METAIRIE, LA 70002 Branch of Blue Cliff College Work Here? Colleges like Blue Cliff College - Metairie, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Northwestern State University of Louisiana. College offers distance education courses. Plus, Dialpad opens up new ways to communicate with students and faculty, including text messaging. Original hardwood floors, brand new carpet in the bedroom *Available January 1, 2023* This apartment has all the New Orleans charm. We are located in Marrero Area. Popular majors include Medical Assistant, Esthetician and Skin Care, and Cosmetology. The city atmosphere of Metairie makes it a great place for students who enjoy having lots of educational and entertainment options. "It's basically just paper," Judson says of his education. The institutions goal is to provide academic and hands-on excellence in all training programs offered. Rockwood says he was often instructed to give potential students inaccurate information, such as the job placement rate. 1 0 obj It is a small institution with an enrollment of 303 undergraduate students. Understand contraindications and indications for massage therapy. The gated property has a large shared back yard with pet station and picnic area. Online Scheduling Coming Soon!! So, it's all about making revenue, making the dollars. College. Anatomy, Physilogic & Pathophysiology (100 Hours), Anatomy: Palpatory & Kinesiology (68 Hours), Body Mechanics (includes Thai Chi)** (19 Hours), Integration of Program Theories** (5 Hours), Massage III: Neuromuscular Therapy** (45 Hours), Massaging Special Populations** (34 Hours), Supervised Clinic Practice (Business)** (100 Hours). Ochsner Main, Studio Apartments near Blue Cliff College, 1-Bedroom Apartments near Blue Cliff College, 2-Bedroom Apartments near Blue Cliff College, 3-Bedroom Apartments near Blue Cliff College, 4-Bedroom Apartments near Blue Cliff College, 5-Bedroom Apartments near Blue Cliff College, Apartments near Loyola University New Orleans, Apartments near University of Louisiana at Monroe, Apartments near University of New Orleans, Apartments near Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at New Orleans. It's just gone now.". That was the situation Blue Cliff College, a technical school with campuses located in Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana, almost found itself in early in 2020. As a result of our continued success, BCC satellite campus Metairie, Louisiana was added. "$11,000 for three months when the program itself is only $18,500? Blue Cliff College will report your hours in both Module and Clock Hours as required by the Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology. The second story unit consists of a large loft style bedroom with a comfy king-size bed, a fully-equipped kitchen and living/dining area. There are f See more 2,167 people like this 2,223 people follow this 1,424 people checked in here Livestream. 1505 METRO DR STE 1. "We gave them the wrong tuition," recalls Jasper Rockwood. Closures of for-profit colleges and universities (across the board, from those certificate-granting institutions to those that award bachelor's degrees) accounted for about three-quarters of the 579 institutions that disappeared over that three-year period. "But I mean, that's not on us. The toenhouse is freshly painted and has new wood floors throughout. Hours missed in excess of 24 hours for each module will be a failure of that module. I am a 8627 Apple Street, New Orleans, LA, 70118. No one knew the admin codes. Be the first to live in this gorgeous space. 2 0 obj What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school? Josh Hudson spent four years trying to complete an information system security degree at ITT Tech. And its most recent release of data shows that the higher education industry is continuing to shrink -- and that the for-profit sector is no longer the only one constricting. You can hear directly from Blue Cliffs IT Director in our webinar and see for yourself how Dialpad can help your school or higher ed institution make the move to remote and hybrid work. & Kallie B. Once the pandemic is over and classes can resume in person, Blue Cliff plans to offer hybrid options for the students, allowing them to attend in person if they want to, while still providing online classes. Learn how and when to remove this template message, Health Information Management, Billing and Coding, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Blue_Cliff_College&oldid=1069472321, Vocational education in the United States, For-profit universities and colleges in the United States, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 2 February 2022, at 13:55. "Our accreditation statistic was 80 percent; it was really 60 percent. Its parent institute, Blue Cliff College, is still active and serves students. Closings Admin Help Site. Cute kitchen with stove/oven, fridge, microwave and dishwasher. "I don't know if I would say it's ethical.". Richard graduated from Blue Cliff in 1994 and has opened up and managed 5 currently unaffiliated Blue Cliff Colleges. But public and private nonprofit colleges and universities are not immune from seeing their numbers shrink, especially more recently. No one knew the admin codes. . % More opinions are needed to display this poll. Selecting a category below will take you to another page, Good programs if anyone is interested in gaining experience and training if you want to continue in the career you have chosen. In June of 1989, our College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. The Blue Cliff - Lafayette acceptance rate is 100%. Courses are taught by experienced professionals that provide students with inside knowledge of the field. News. - 2 FULL Bathrooms Master suite boasts walk-in closet, covered balcony, and bathroom with large shower. The students will master the basic techniques of Swedish massage, including specific draping options for a one hour full-body protocol. & Kallie B. My instructors keep constant communication with each other to make sure that they are all on the same page. "My job is to get them started right away, so we can make our budget," Rockwood tells us. "I call, I reach out, no one gets back with me. endobj Each unit is assigned 2 off street parking spots and Up for rent is a perfect place you can call home. How to reach us: Hardwood floors, full kitchen with dishwasher, tiled bath with shower. Classes and operations could carry on pretty much without interruption, since Dialpad gave Blue Cliff a system that let everyone work and attend classes from home. Call or text me. At first the promises of a good education with employment to follow is exciting. Blue Cliff College is a for-profit technical school with campuses located in Gulfport, Mississippi, Fayetteville, Arkansas, and five locations in Louisiana: Lafayette, Shreveport, Houma, Metairie, and Alexandria. Call me! Gains an understanding of energy concepts including Shiatsu. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. Shopping, bars, coffee shops, and restaurants are only minutes away!! Selecting a category below will take you to another page. Blue Cliff College is a for-profit technical school with campuses located in Gulfport, Mississippi, Fayetteville, Arkansas, and five locations in Louisiana: Lafayette, Shreveport, Houma, Metairie, and Alexandria. ALEXANDRIA, LA 71301. So, for me it's like my life was just over with.". Graduating 54% of students, Blue Cliff - Alexandria alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $17,100. She still hopes she can move on and earn her degree one day. "I can't afford the $11,000 and they won't let me back in until the $11,000 is paid," she says. With locations in LA, MS and. However, in order to receive your completion certificate of the Cosmetology/Esthetics Program for Blue Cliff College, you will need to complete all modules. Demonstrates the palpation skills to locate and identify various body structures. Our philosophy is to inspire students to strive for excellence and to achieve their maximum personal potential in their continuing education pursuits. "It's a bunch of, you know, wasted money that I'm owing for the rest of my life," he says. As for Ariel Craig, she says she now does some hair on the side. Collinge says no for-profit school has a completion or graduation rate as high as Cameron contends. Iowa Bill Aims to Defund College DEI Efforts, Index: Academic Freedom Declining for Over Half the World, Boston U Wont Close Door on Firearm Investments, 22 Jobs Cut in Montclair State, Bloomfield College Merger, Southeastern La. Blue Cliff strives to develop and maintain very strong relationships with local employers. Thats like buying a brand new iPhone for a staff member every week! "I go to Nunez right now, and I don't think they accepted any credits from ITT. & Kallie B. In June of 1989, our College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. A modern open concept kitchen/ living room & perfectly preserved original hardwood floors throughout! Over the last several years, over $1 billion in student loan debt has been forgiven for students who attended for-profit colleges or other schools that potentially misled students. All of the Blue Cliff College campuses include lecture rooms, massage training rooms, administrative offices, lounge areas, and resource rooms for studies. All Rights Reserved |, Health Information Management, Billing and Coding, Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant, Health Information Management, Billing and Coding Diploma, Health Information Management, Billing and Coding Associates, Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant Online, Health Information Management, Billing and Coding Online. The unit has an open layout with a fully equipped kitchen where you can cook gourmet meals and won't 615 South Johnson Street, New Orleans, LA. Over all, the number of public four-year institutions has risen since 2017-18, to 773 from 760, but quite of the few of the additional institutions (the number peaked at 791 in 2019-20) are community colleges that began offering enough bachelor's degrees to qualify as four-year institutions. For our externship hours, there was not enough dialysis centers willing to take all of the students. By 2007 Blue Cliff had expanded to the current locations in Alexandria, LA, Houma, LA, Metairie, LA (Cleary Ave.), Lafayette, LA, Metairie, LA (Veterans Memorial Blvd), Shreveport, LA, Gulfport, MS, Fayetteville, AR (N. College Ave.) and, Fayetteville, AR (Hiram Davis Place). Blue Cliff - Metairie is a for-profit college located in Metairie, Louisiana in the New Orleans Area. The Blue Cliff - Metairie acceptance rate is 100%. Graduating 60% of students, Blue Cliff - Metairie alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $17,100. ft. In December 2004, EMI acquired the Massage Therapy College of Baton Rouge (MTCBR), which became BCC-Baton Rouge and in 2005 a campus was opened in Houma, Louisiana. Really, it was only 60 or 50 percent below accreditation.". Blue Cliff College is committed to helping our students develop a high level of competency, obtained through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in our academic programs. NO Credit Check. The house went through over $75,000 renovation/makeover in recent years. Enjoy sitting on the balcony in the evenings. We didnt have anyone with any knowledge on how to manipulate the system, down to even resetting a voicemail password.. - Separate/detached laundry room w/ storage But is it right? Selecting a category below will take you to another page, Loved everything about it and wonderful people love the way they do their work wonderful personalities. Similar consolidations are under way, or under discussion, in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Vermont. * Learn by doing in our Massage Therapy Courses The students will master the basic techniques of Swedish massage, including specific draping options for a one hour full-body protocol. But on a recent visit, our producer heard something far different. "It's like no one answers," she says. The living area is very spacious featuring hardwood floors and natural lighting. Weve seen the admissions rates go up dramatically since we started, so obviously having all these avenues for contacting students has been great. Blue Cliff College reviews 4.0 Based on 170 reviews What students have to say 72% think they had positive career impact 89% recommended by students Found 170 reviews for Blue Cliff College 5.0 Grateful Written by a former student on February 19, 2023 Universal Certification, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal Certification He calls his experience horrible. *All stats projected are from the 2018 Bureau of Labor Statisticsfor Massage Therapy. Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform. Tuition & Financial Aid See what it costs to enroll at Blue Cliff College-Shreveport and how many students are receiving scholarships, grants, or loans as financial aid to help cover the costs of tuition. Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. I hope that this review helps others turn the other way! This is a 4 bedroom and 2 bathroom house perfect for a big family! Provides auto-suggestions when entering text. Gain the practical knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology, relating to massage. Staudt on Sports. The townhouse is minutes away from shopping, restaurants, and the I-10 and Veterans Blvd. The transition was incredibly simple, with Blue Cliffs teams quickly benefiting from how easy of use and accessible Dialpad is. ", "They told me that, if I don't come up with the $11,000, I won't be able to go back to school and I won't be able to continue my education nowhere else," she says. Documents relating to accreditation, licensure or affiliations can be reviewed by contacting the Campus Director. What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school? The school was purchased by Education Management, Inc., in 1999, which in turn was acquired by Quad Partners in 2008. & Kallie B. The staff also really liked the hold music that plays while waiting for a conference to start. Copyright 2020 Blue Cliff College. According to Jeremy, for many students, the online classes work even better than attending in-person, since it means they dont have to worry about the commute, childcare, or other obstacles that attending classes in-person presented. Our program includes a solid foundation in anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology, which form the basis for training in specific massage techniques. She's been doing hair and make-up since the age of 13. In the last few months, Northeastern University has announced plans to absorb Mills College, and Judson College, Becker College and Concordia College New York have closed. Do You Work at Blue Cliff College - Alexandria? Wed be happy to answer any questions about our programs, financial assistance, or anything else related to massage therapy her at Blue Cliff. Wherever they did was fantasy land, it was not a reality.". Contact nikkihunt3244@gmail.com or devonwoods@bluecliffcollege.com. News' rankings, Study Shows Declining State Aid in Massachusetts, When outgoing presidents find their hiring powers limited, The plight of adjuncts reflects academe's dysfunction (opinion), Student Loans and the Supreme Court | Confessions of a Community College Dean, Design a student-centred curriculum for dynamic learning, Creating an impactful visual abstract with no design experience, Im a disabled student this is what I worry about when applying to your university, Hear this: a guide to writing an academic English listening test, Education Department to review rules for online program providers, Four ways for career centers to engage students, A professor's job is endangered for teaching about race, 14 recommendations for professors approaching retirement (opinion) | Inside Higher Ed, Backlash as a university says its library will be 'all digital', 3 Questions for KSUs Laurel Littrell on How Academic Library Budgets Really Work, Temple yanks health care, tuition benefits from strikers. Sports. Expanding that teaching platform meant we can now teach any class we have across the board remotely I dont think we actually had a down dayclasses continued like nothing happened. This is a PERFECT place to call home! With massage being one of the fastest growing careers in todays job market, set yourself up for success by enrolling today! I hereby consent to receive autodialed and or pre-recorded calls, and text messages at the phone number(s) provided above from or on behalf of Blue Cliff College regarding educational programs. Originally intended to become a leader in Massage Therapy education, Blue Cliff College has since diversified our course offerings to include programs in Allied Health, Cosmetology, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC), Clinical Medical Assisting, and more. In June 1989, the College received its Proprietary School License from the state of Louisiana. This apartment will not Beautiful renovated shotgun style 2 bed 1 bath house for rent. Whether you are looking for extra space for your family, friends or just Lovely top floor of a duplex near Tulane, Loyola and hospitals. So many people took offwithout asking questionsto set up their own conference lines and meetings in their own groups without instructions, which says a lot for how the UI is set up. This brand new community is open and ready for immediate move in. She tells us many of her Blue Cliff friends face similar problems. But it's like, everything's just at a halt right now.". Based on class setting of student enrollment. - Part Three","author_name":"Blue Cliff Career College","author_url":"https:\/\/www.youtube.com\/@bluecliffcareercollege5229","type":"video","height":"608","width":"1080","version":"1.0","provider_name":"YouTube","provider_url":"https:\/\/www.youtube.com\/","thumbnail_height":"360","thumbnail_width":"480","thumbnail_url":"https:\/\/i.ytimg.com\/vi\/zHXu6vOay1c\/hqdefault.jpg","html":"