I'm just a fan. Brokerage. More calls, no responses. Kurts had so many triumphs and tragedies, and hes managed to overcome them all. Properties marked with this icon are provided courtesy of the Valley MLS IDX Database. I guess what I was most a fan of was not just his in-ring ability -- I mean I think as soon as he started he was right away one of the best performers in the business once the bell rang -- but when he was able to show his range, acting and comedic timingwhen he was doing the silly rap stuff and singing Sexy Kurt and the little cowboy hat with Stone Cold [Steve Austin]. Jaiden Fields, Greg Kerkvliet and Dee Beckwith highlight WWE's third NIL class. Visit Website. Disclaimer: School attendance zone boundaries are supplied by Pitney Bowes and are subject to change. His podcast "Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard" does more than 3 million downloads per month. Club, Men's Journal, Mic, Mel, Nylon and many more. This browser is no longer supported. "That's a great question," Rhodes said. Fans will have many chances to meet their favorite stars, with one type of event -- the "Eat and Greets" with nearly every living non-WWE contracted wrestler or former wrestler a fan can think of -- inspired by other events Thompson has put together. But I do imagine some of those guys he looks up to, we could go back and take a look at their match and see the match through his eyes. But I think that is attractive not only to listeners but to advertisers because you do have an Olympic gold medalist who has had a lot of triumph and tragedy, and hes on the other side now and doing really well. The former champ had little idea about the medium, and neither did Thompson. Conrad & Thompson Funeral Home and Cremation Services 511 Emmett Street, Kissimmee, FL, 34741 Get Directions 407-847-3188 | https://www.conradandthompson.com 0 review Leave a review How can We Help? His renewed love of wrestling led him to search for some Ric Flair collectibles -- and he knew what he wanted to find. A lot of small-business owners have tried to launch podcasts, with mixed results. I've got a lot of friends in both the real-estate world and the finance world who have tried the podcast thing, but I think their mistake is they make the podcast about the business. I know its a never say never business, but do you think he returns to WWE or even considers opportunities with AEW, New Japan or otherwise? I've been doing it for 17 years. Ive really been able to delegate a lot of the other stuff that goes with having a podcast like this as far as the graphics, research, social media support. He never did. Kurt Angle approaches you. Zillow, Inc. holds real estate brokerage licenses in multiple states. All rights reserved (About Us). Conrad is kind of the spiritual talent relations representative of the event.". WebConrad Thompson is an American mortgage broker and professional wrestling podcast host who presents and co-hosts the wrestling-themed podcasts, Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard, 83 Weeks with Eric Bischoff, What Happened When with Tony Schiavone, Grilling JR with Jim Ross, The Arn Show with Arn Anderson, [1] The Kurt Angle Show So they pitched Cornette: $1,500 and you come to my house and spin yarns for a couple of hours. "The only podcast I'd ever even heard to that point was Steve Austin's," Thompson said. And then that Saudi show, I guess they Jerry Maguired him -- they showed him the money -- and there he was. That he somehow has become a power broker in the world of professional wrestling is incidental and accidental. With five weekly podcasts with pro wrestling legends, the Alabama native still dominates the charts and somehow managed to fit in one more to put an ankle lock on the genre. I've been doing it for 17 years. He got acquainted with Bruce Prichard, a partnership that would again change his life, and reconnected with Cody Rhodes. The entire lineup is available at Starrcast.com, but with everything set to kick off on Thursday, tickets for the main convention and its shows are all sold out. IDX information is provided exclusively for personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Do people still have a hard time understanding how your two businesses overlap? Thompson also happened to know Mark James, who was working on a book with Jim Cornette and got to speak to the Louisville Lip as well. That wouldn't happen for another year-plus. Conrad Thompson Is Responsible For The Creation Of Starrcast Conrad Thompson Helped To Resurrect The Career Of Tony Schiavone There are over ten hours of original wrestling programming on any given week between WWE, AEW, Impact, New Japan, and any other promotion. Its an automatic yes, like you said. "If Ric Flair calls you to go drinking, you go," Thompson said. That he somehow has become a power broker in the world of professional wrestling is incidental and accidental. They really want something unique. He never did. I was an accidental podcaster. WebCONRAD THOMPSON: Address: 900 Merchants Walk SW Huntsville, ALABAMA UNITED STATES 35801: Legal Entity Type: Individual Zillow (Canada), Inc. holds real estate brokerage licenses in multiple provinces. 442-H New York Standard Operating Procedures New York Fair Housing NoticeTREC: Information about brokerage services, Consumer protection noticeCalifornia DRE #1522444Contact Zillow, Inc. I guess thats sort of a multi-part answer. Im here Monday through Friday. And frankly, nobody cares about your business but you, and that took a long time for me to figure out, because I felt like that's what everyone wanted me to do. But you know how this goes. So I am interested in the outside-the-ring politics but really more on how it affected Kurt, not necessarily how the cards were dealt. As a fan, though, I was really intrigued because he could talk about newer content, more recent stuff. We have a team that helps me with research, graphics, video, ad sales and merch on the podcast side of things. In this sneak peek of "Something Else To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard," available tonight at 8pm ET on-demand, @bruceprichard & @HeyHeyItsConrad analyze the historic #WrestleMania XIV match between @ShawnMichaels & @steveaustinBSR. Theres so many classic comedic moments that you wouldnt necessarily expect from a guy who was a great amateur wrestler. Jaiden Fields, Greg Kerkvliet and Dee Beckwith highlight WWE's third NIL class. He got acquainted with Bruce Prichard, a partnership that would again change his life, and reconnected with Cody Rhodes. Thompson said Rhodes was incognito, a hoodie pulled down low. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. But for years, we promoted our mortgage company through traditional advertising like radio, and we were spending pretty hefty sums for a small business over a hundred grand a month. We're really fortunate that if I have to be out of town for travel, I've got a great number two where I can just tag in [AdFreeShows fill-in host] Paul Bromwell, and he does a great job in my absence. Next thing I know I had a handful of Ric Flair robes. I mean, I started doing podcasts to sell mortgages. We [Thompson and his friends] were each putting up like $100-$150 and in return got a pretty cool experience picking the brains of some of the most influential people in wrestling. I do think someone could come along and make some sort crazy, over-the-top offer, and anyone would consider it. Thompson piles countless hours per week on top of an already-busy schedule helping families buy homes in the Huntsville area. Well, but what if you could have hundreds of thousands of listeners? He prefers to record during the week, first thing in the morning, so we record at 7 a.m. Im usually done by 9, and I can make it into the office no later than 10. In this sneak peek of "Something Else To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard," available tonight at 8pm ET on-demand, @bruceprichard & @HeyHeyItsConrad analyze the historic #WrestleMania XIV match between @ShawnMichaels & @steveaustinBSR. I never had lunch or a business meeting with Kurt. I can't imagine a scenario where I'm not doing it. WebZillow has 45 homes for sale in Conrad IA. "I don't know the answer. It is designed to be a starting point to help parents make baseline comparisons, not the only factor in selecting the right school for your family. The big event that helped bring Connie back for his current run of fandom was the infamous Pipe Bomb promo that CM Punk gave heading into Money In The Bank 2011. Thompson also occasionally sat for meals in catering with Michelle Rhodes, the matriarch of the legendary Rhodes family. The reason from them was "we dropped the ball". Ric wasn't scared to talk, obviously he can do that. Thats me just shooting from the hip. Born in Guntersville, Thompson still owns and runs 1st Family Mortgage in Huntsville, while hosting five now-globally popular wrestling podcasts that have stretched It is a real great success story, and from an Olympic gold medalist. But again, I havent talked to Kurt about that. Conrad Thompson The Guy You Listen To Every Week Office: 256-425-0105 conrad@savewithconrad.com Profile Conrad Thompson is just a fan. This browser is no longer supported. Well, certainly, the more listeners we have on the podcast, the more opportunity we're going to have to generate business on the mortgage side of things, and things went absolutely crazy during COVID when folks were stuck at home. And when you think about that being your first year in WWE, I dont know that it will ever be topped. Your schedule was already insane before you did five podcasts per week, let alone six. And weve made sure that Ive got my Impact+ subscription paid up and ready to go. Sure enough, Thompson and his pals got the Nature Boy on the schedule, too. Just don't look for Thompson to give up his day job. Conrad Thompson / Mortgage. It has suited me well. "This has always been my passion. Through Flair's show, a guest-driven podcast, Thompson met pretty much everyone else in the business. Lately, especially with some of his co-hosts hectic schedules, the shows do tend to run together and cover similar topics. But the rest of the time, were recording after hours. So instead of borrowing someone else's stick, as they say in the radio business, now we have our own sticks and create our own relationship with the audience. We are continuously working to improve the accessibility of our web experience for everyone, and we welcome feedback and accommodation requests. Related: Talk Is Jericho: 10 Biggest Revelations From Chris Jericho's Podcast. He married his wife, Megan Fliehr, in 2018, becoming Ric Flairs son-in-law in the process. ", How Conrad Thompson went from Alabama mortgage broker to pro wrestling power player, WWE Elimination Chamber results: Roman Reigns title run continues, WWE Hall of Famer Lawler recovering from stroke, WWE SummerSlam booked for Detroit in August, Wrestler, manager 'Leaping Lanny' Poffo, 68, dies, Lawyer: WWE's McMahon settles '86 rape lawsuit, Stephanie McMahon resigns as WWE's co-CEO, McMahon unretires ahead of WWE media talks, Sasha Banks debuts as Mercedes Mon in Japan, 'He's a natural heat-getter': Inside Austin Theory's transformation into a WWE headliner. Thompson began traveling with Flair on occasion, including some trips to WWE shows, and naturally began to make some acquaintances backstage -- one of whom was Cody Rhodes. We are continuously working to improve the accessibility of our web experience for everyone, and we welcome feedback and accommodation requests. Check with the applicable school district prior to making a decision based on these boundaries. You have come to the ESPN Africa edition, for other ESPN editions, click above. You'll find exactly what you're looking for as soon as you log on. And I think that the wrestling fan base, while it may be diminished from what it was at its peak, is more passionate now. His first year on the main roster of WWE, he wins the European title, he wins the Intercontinental title, he wins the King of the Ring and he wins the world title. When he started his collection of robes, Thompson hadn't yet met Flair. Weve got some real rough spots in his life, and hes at peace discussing that and sharing his story and how he was able to pull the nose up. And He Trusts Himself Now More Than Ever. The 40-year-old Those guys are usually a little more stoic. Do you think Kurt is done in the ring? That is better, and people will pay for it. They really want something unique. All of a sudden folks realize, "Hey, I don't have to live in a high rise. The notion that someone would call the 37-year-old Alabama native such a thing makes him laugh. He just needed a foil. News on all your favorite celebs, reality TV, and movies. 2023 WWE Elimination Chamber matches, card, date, start time, news, location, results and information, 'Oh god! WebZillow has 1052 homes for sale in Tuscaloosa County AL. "I think JR [Jim Ross] had launched his. But Kurt was able to adjust to the entertainment aspect to the business better than anybody. They exchanged cell phone numbers, and Thompson started getting calls from the 16-time world champion to hang out. Previous to Conrad's current city of Huntsville, AL , Conrad Thompson lived in Brownsboro AL. They did partner together, but Rhodes and the Young Bucks actually have no financial stake in Starrcast. Everything I do focuses on nostalgia. The Double Down sandwich originally debuted in 2010. Born in Guntersville, Thompson still owns and runs 1st Family Mortgage in Huntsville, while hosting five now-globally popular wrestling podcasts that have stretched far beyond his spare time. Zillow Group is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for individuals with disabilities. It's a little more fluid than the mortgage business. "He approached me as an adult, and he seemed to understand how significant this could be if we execute it correctly.". Please switch to a supported browser or download one of our Mobile Apps. The former champ had little idea about the medium, and neither did Thompson. Used under license. What screams wrestling more than the "Nature Boy" calling him son? 900 Merchants Walk SW STE A. Huntsville, AL 35801-5256. I don't want to roll the dice [on doing podcasts full time]. Even Vince McMahons sports entertainment empire wanted in on the action, signing a deal to create Something Else to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard for the WWE Network. Thompson, by then, was enjoying success in the mortgage business, and also had a nice collection of sports memorabilia -- a pair of Muhammad Ali's trunks, a pair of Mike Tyson's trunks, a pair of Roy Jones Jr.'s boxing gloves. And Im sure there are much better matches he had later in his career as he evolved and got better, but the idea that someone could ever beat that as a freshman on the roster, is a record I dont think will ever be broken. Really go deep. Thompson is calling it Disneyland for wrestling fans. When CBS called Ric to do a radio show, he asked his new bestie Connie to help and Wooooo! With all of that work and those experiences as a backdrop, fast-forward to January 2018. "I think JR [Jim Ross] had launched his. Kenny Herzog "Instead of the typical format -- every wrestling podcast was a guest-driven show -- I wanted to take a moment in time; a pay per view, an angle, a dive into someone's entire run in one promotion. WrestleMania 4 was his first real foray into it, but he was just a boy. With the drive and passion that Thompson clearly has for wrestling, who else could be better suited to pull off an event like Starrcast, a four-day wrestling podcast convention wrapping around the Cody Rhodes/Young Bucks "All In" independent supershow happening on Saturday at the Sears Centre outside Chicago? This opportunity presented itself, and I jumped at it. He knew an author and wrestling historian by the name of Mark James, and James was working on a book with Jim Cornette. It's working out. If I think it will be good, other wrestling fans will think it's good.". Now They're, Warren Buffett and Partner Charlie Munger, The Viral Brand Behind Soaring Searches for 'Female Body Hair'. According to Thompson, Rhodes direct-messaged him on Twitter a few weeks later. We'd partner with him and work as a team.". Copyright 2023 Entrepreneur Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Its almost become a clich that he won the Olympics with a broken freakin neck. He has been pretty out front about how he wished he could have had a match with Bret Hart. What is your topic? He upped his game to further cement himself as the top guy in the business by adding greats like Jim Ross and Arn Anderson to his already-incredible lineup of interview shows. I think we as wrestling fans sometimes overlook that. Thanks to his unique rapport with Bruce Prichard, he has been able to not only launch a podcast empire, but he is responsible for bringing Prichard back from obscurity and crafted the number one sports podcast two years in a row. In October, Thompson is marrying Megan, who just so happens to be Ric Flair's daughter, for crying out loud.
Aztec Primary Sources, Articles C