This car is a piece of junk. Lets go buy a GM product and we can sue them during the next recall!! I want in on this law suit my car is doing the same thing!! I think its about time. I just checked my oil level wasnt even on the dip stick just had oil changed 1800 miles ago. Good luck to everyone ! They suggested I use a the next oil up. The noise is gone (such a relief). I was reimbursed but only because I caught the mistake. Honda is refusing to cover any of these parts under the powertrain warranty citing a fuel injector cleaning done by Jiffy Lube approximately a month prior to the cars break down as the reason for the engines malfunction. The technician diagnosed that the piston rings needed to be replaced. Constantly adding oil before the 15% oil change maintenance minder. 2009 accord. I have never had a vehicle that needed a quart of oil every 1,000 miles. Total for car was 9200. I have to wonder how long I have been driving with no oil since the oil light did not stay on and Im lucky I even saw it flash!! They replaced spark plugs . Another dealership replaced the short block. Have had the same issue, but burning more than a quart per thousand miles. They confirm anything except that oil was significantly low. Fortunately, this was under warranty. Had rear brakes replaced twice, burns a quart of oil in between each oil change; now my spark plugs are shot and have to be replaced.Nothing covered under my extended warranty plan . Owned Hondas for the past 15 years. UPDATE 3: A federal judge granted final approval to the Honda engine misfire class action settlement at a March 21, 2014, Final Fairness Hearing. For additional recall assistance, click the Ask Dave by Honda button. After all the extended warranty on the oil defect was only offered because someone else took the time to fight back! My check engine light kept coming on, I went to Honda with misfiring and first time they replaced spark plugs free aftee I kept going back. So when will we find out when we can take our cars to have them fixed?? I have 137,000 miles on my car and am using about a qt. I have a 2008 honda accord with the v4 engine in it. Extremely disappointed. Unburnt gas will start creating carbon deposits that makes the rings stick allowing oil to bypass the oil ring, They also told me to stay away from gas that contains ethanol. Tl* the contact owns a 2010 honda accord. I have a 2010 Honda Accord that is using oil on a regular basis. Need to look into this further! But, this 2008 has been a huge disappointment. Some of my Honda have gone over 200k without this problem in the past. How can I get in on this lawsuit & does anyone have advice on how to get this resolved? I had never had to add oil to any vehicle, honda or other, in my life. I then begin researching and found all of this. I am suppose to get it this week and they say they did some type of service on it that is suppose to be the curl all. I have a 2008 Honda Accord and also have to add oil every 500 miles -what do I need to do to get in on this class action suit? The car ran fine for 3 weeks and then started overheating and the check engine and VSA lights were back on. Now I have no re-sale value on the car and the thing is dead at 74K miles. My engine warning list is constantly on now for a week. 13-078. And now weve found this website with all this information. Only driven 70 miles on the car since I left the dealership. while abnormal, burning 1qt every 4k is, in my opinion, acceptable for a car over 10 years old, or over 150k. Here are some of the warning signs that could mean your 2015 Honda Accord sedan has fried piston rings. Last spoke to Zenia at American Honda. I refilled it and it didnt misfire anymore. Well, they would not budge on warranty. I am doing my best to fight their feeble response to this problem. 2008 EXL V6 same drill bought new burned excess oilabout 30k miles later took to dealership and told me no known issues continues to burn oil and know I have themisfire issue cylinder 1, I have put 6 spark plugs in this onecylinder over the past year. Accord.. any updates? Shame on Honda for misleading customers. Was told my the Honda Mechanic that burning 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles is ACCEPTABLE. How do we enter lawsuit? Hopefully something positive happens here. Ive added almost two quarts since my last oil change. 2023 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro: How Well Does the SUV Tow? So my future resale value is nothing now. It only has 17000 miles on it! I am hopeful that this class-action suit is successful. Last Honda I will own. your claim status, claim form or questions about when payments are Now a fourth sparkplug has fouled and am replacing almost 3 qts oil between oil changes. Top Class This all happened 2months ago. I got the warranty extension letter a few weeks back. First the brakes, then vtc actuator rattle, then Power stearing pump wine and the oil consumption. The dealer has been performing oil consumption tests for several months now, and it is the same thing it runs out of oil !! and has not been this great of a burden. Dealer says its within spec. Please add me to this lawsuit so we can force Honda to legally fix our cars! I googled it and low and behold I found a slew of bad news regarding this issue. Mine seems to burn a crazy amount of oil. Same ole storyoil is going right out tailpipe you can see the black carbon on muffler Im using a quart every 1 thousand miles forcing me to constantly monitor the oil or risk seizing the enginecant afford to replace the car or I would plus dealers are aware of the problem so they offer you very little on your trade. I cannot write my reply but I told him I wanted it documented and I would be back in 500 miles. We had to add 3 qts to make it show full. I too have to keep spare oil in my car at all times. Could anyone please tell me how to make sure that I am included in this class action suit? I have to put oil in my car ever 500 miles and they say that the engine consuming 1 qt every 1000 miles is normal. I AM TIRED OF HONDA BLOWING SMOKE UP MY ASS. My sister has a 2012 coupe same problem, the dealer told her it was because the car is a stick shift. I kept bringing to the dealer complaining of the check engine light going on and engine stuttering. It has been a Houdini mystery until tonightwhen I decided to Google 2008 Honda accord 4 cylinder oil issues. Honda refused to offer any explanation or accept any fault. a huge oil related issue resulting in a class action lawsuit. Sit for an hour or more at the dealership, while they are smart enough to check the dipstick. To the person that has a 25,000 mile Accord and needs $10,000 worth of repairsget a new mechanic! I did it (how could this help?!) How do I get on this class action? The oil was OVERFILLED so high that you couldnt get a reading on the dipstick! I have warranty but the dealer doesnt want to fix it. As part of the settlement agreement, Honda has agreed to provide "valuable benefits" to Class Members to resolve the litigation. Im dropping a quart of oil in every other week just driving around town and an occasional ride on the highwayso about every 500 miles! ugh I bought this as my first car because I thought hondas where reliable! Today they told us that it would cost us 5000.00 to replace the block. I have been unable to get satisfaction with the dealer. I have the same issue since I bought my 08 accord. Maybe Honda needs to stick with building lawnmowers, weed eaters, and farm equipment. I got it at 109,000 miles and its my second stop back to dealership shop in less 1 month for this. The guys that change my cars oil know me as, The only guy with a Honda that burns oil. Wow! And post your problem EVERYWHERE for two reasons. I should not be having to put oil in between oil changes. I have multiple diagnostic codes errors P3400, P0304, P0303, P0300 to name a few. now it lacks power and everything else, this sucks. The car starts to lose power and hesitate on the highway then started to do a real scary noise and it shut down it was nasty. My 2007 Accord EX-L was experiencing the same issue for the past year. I have a 2009 honda accord EXLbought it brand new with 28 miles on it. But I had no other option at the time. As per him, the damage occurred due to less/no oil in the engine and an inherent honda design issue for 08-10 models. I drove 30 miles south to a Honda Dealer in Newport OR. I have sworn by Hondas for years. Im having the same oil issues and understand the its too late to file a claim. contact me if you can. There is NO excuse for this I want to join this class action matter. No more Hondas for this family! I just found out today from my Honda service tech that there is a class action suit for this problem. What I have is the a 1/2 quart oil burner every 1000 miles that my local dealership says is normal BS. ALSO BURNING A LOT OF OIL. I will never buy another Honda. This is my third Honda and Im very disappointed and now not sure if I want to buy another one. My car makes all kinds of noises and the oil light comes on and off every day. Opened up a case with Honda of USA. settlement administrator or your attorney for any updates regarding THIS CAR ONLY HAS 56,000 MILES. I bought a Honda because I thought it was a good car. Honda dealer refuses to take any responsibility. Based on how much oil is consumed they will or will not replace the part. Honda replaced all of these parts under the CPO and goodwill warranties- probably because I was a Honda employee for about 28 years and have also owned several Honda automobiles. Ive had oil consumption test done, of course I burn just under the 1 qt every 1000 mile ridiculous rule. End of the story. It was over two quarts low at the time. Finally glad I kept my receipts of paying lots of $$ to fix my car twice for this problem at the Honda dealership Sad that I traded the 09 Accord in to the dealer and didnt get much trade in for it so I actually lost more $$. Hopefully its fixed, I love the car other than spending a fortune on oil. Burning oil at a rate of 1 quart every 800 miles. My 08, 4cyl just broke down. The Honda Accord class action lawsuit is brought on behalf of all current and former owners and lessees of a 2008, 2009, or 2010 Honda Accord vehicle who paid for a repair related to the defect or for oil replacements beyond what a reasonable consumer would expect. A copy of the Honda Accord Oil Defect Class Action Lawsuit can be read here. I will just trade it in for a Camry. 2009 Honda Accord EXL and I am experiencing the same oil consumption problem. My husband did not believe himnow we are going through it again but the oil light never alerts usSOMETIMES its the engine light and sometimes NO LIGHT! In 2019 with now 93,000 miles .. misfire again of plugs, oil fouled. 2009 Accord wit a V-6 engine. I barely made it home from work and feared I would break down and incur massive towing fees. I want to be added to this lawsuit!!!! As a business owner I realize how much revenue a customer for life will generate. This is absolutely insane and I will never buy a Honda again nor will I recommend anyone to get one. Within the first 1000 miles i noticed it gives a heavy puf of smove when atarting even when its warm. Ran out of oil twice before it was time to do an oil change. We currently have 100,714 miles on it. Shame on Honda for poorly handling this issue. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Always told me the oil usage was normal. A year ago I had a spark plug replaced after the car was misfiring and overheating. Drove it to work (about 90 miles from dealership) no problems. I cant belive Hondad is not looking after this issue. An Extended Warranty is not the fix because something this significant needs to be a total RECALL ! First and last Honda. This is my first Honda and most likely my last. Took my car in to the dealership and the told me its normal for a new car to smoke. They say its normal. Just wondering where this oil is going? I have a 2008 Honda Accord that also misfires. in this case, they will stand on your side because that can bring the money into their pocket and the fix to your car. Luckily the engine did not blow up. At 2500 miles my oil light flickered and I took it in to have the oil changed. Its a huge safety issue and I believe it should be fixed first.
Tom Caulfield Globalfoundries Net Worth, International 4300 Brake Switch Location, Gabby Petito Autopsy Photos, Repo Mobile Homes Searcy, Ar, Beacon Orthopedics Physical Therapy Locations, Articles H