I really enjoyed this awesome British movie. | Jun 23, 2014. When Charlotte's life disintegrates, we follow her on a heart-racing journey of self-discovery . I watched this with no prior knowledge on the plot or reviews. Stay up-to-date on all the latest Rotten Tomatoes news! When Charlottes life starts to unravel, she reverts to her northern English accent, suggesting her public persona as a high-powered London businesswoman was always a brittle pose. Try to guess what's going to happen next! Please consider upgrading to a Pro accountfor less than a couple bucks a month, youll get cool additional features like all-time and annual stats pages (example), the ability to select (and filter by) your favorite streaming services, and no ads! 'Days of Our Lives' (DOOL) Spoilers here and we're all set to keep things rolling with some fun spoilery goodies. Following an altercation between Charlotte and Maya, Charlotte's life takes a darker turn setting off a chain reaction of events that see her life spiralling out of control. Covering up a crime with more crime.all she had to do was call "911," and the dead housekeeper could have been explained away. | Jul 7, 2014. Steve Reeves directs a entertaining story of self-discovery, atonement and danger! , and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. I had zero inclination about this flick, definitely a thriller, and some unexpected happenings. Copyright Fandango. This is a film I will actually think about after viewing. Director: Steve . When Charlotte's life disintegrates, we follow her on a heart-racing journey of self-discovery, atonement and danger. axine Peake (Shameless) stars as abrittle career woman whose whole life changes in a matter of hours starting from the point where she gets made redundant in this thriller that offers diminishing returns. Starring Maxine Peake, Blake Harrison, Elisa Lasowski and Christine Bottomley. Tank Set-Up: Freshwater with plants and swimming space. Made by fans in Aotearoa New Zealand. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of serviceapply. A whirl of conflicting emotions visible on her porcelain-pale skin, [Maxine Peake] makes her off-putting character credible and compelling. Finding films like this that I have never heard of has become one of my favourite pastimes. Posters are sourced from TMDb and Posteritati, and appear for you and visitors to your profile and content, depending on settings. Coming Soon. All the community rules apply here. are registered trademarks / copyright their respective rights holders. Jul 7, 2014. I would highly recommend this film, especially for anyone who enjoys Maxine Peake. This tale of a career woman who is made redundant gets less plausible with each succeeding disaster, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. | Jun 23, 2014. GH Spoilers - Dex Heller's Questions Dex Heller (Evan Hofer) has questions, as [] But why would the cleaner carry a heavy bottle of champagne up to Peake's flat rather than leave it in her car? A career woman's (Maxine Peake) life is shattered after her company's board of directors betrays her. 02 Mar 2023 00:00:58 [A] modestly scaled British thriller about a high-flying executive confronted with the rash decisions she makes on a really, really bad day. One of the better movies I've seen in quite some time, the pacing is spot on. great film, great cast and well acted. Outstanding Maxine Peake in Keeping Rosy. It also boasts one of the best climaxes to a film Ive ever seen. When she goes back to her flat she takes her frustrations out on her Polish cleaner and accidentally kills her with her champagne bottle but then discovers the cleaning lady's baby in the car. | Jun 30, 2014. Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons. Don't get in arguments with people here, or start long discussions. I have to say I was completely blown away by this film. The film is a shining example of how you dont need brand-name talent, a huge budget, effects or a studio to produce anything of quality, if your aims are reasonable and well grounded. Watched by Steve Drums 14 Dec 2020, Watched by Ian Kenworthy 13 Dec 2020. Coming Soon. An excellent production from start to finish and I am looking forward to more good work from England's finest director. | Mar 26, 2019. Don't comment just to troll/provoke. Overview System Requirements Related. IMDb, the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. I read them before watching and was a bit unsure as to whether to go ahead and watch it or not. Watched by George Washington 01 Aug 2022. Full Review Privacy Policy Third act--up and down (literally.) A certain depth is required to understand that this is real life, and real life is not the one that the every day irresponsible or the ignorant happy-go-lucky type believes it to be. | Jun 27, 2014, Full Review We have acquired the rights (at least for specific territories) from the rightholders by contract. Directed by: Steve Reeves. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. | Aug 27, 2016. However, the fragility of her perfect existence is exposed when, after finding out she's been betrayed in the boardroom, she returns home and takes her anger out on her cleaner. All Rights Reserved. Use the boards for extended discussion. Certificate 15. Full Review Independent British films usually tend to be one of two things: 1) a depressing, pretentious piece of film-making that takes it self far too seriously for the sake of neo-realism, 2) a solely narrative film with very little depth or compulsion, i.e anything with Danny Dyer starring. Jul 11, 2014. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". This film isn't a gore-fest, has barely any violence, very few characters and a very simple story line; on two occasions I was almost reduced to tears; I had my heart in my mouth and almost stopped watching at one point as I was starting to get traumatised (OK, a bit of an exaggerationbut crazy!). It didn't hate this.but way too much filler with her bonding with the housekeeper's baby - was tedious.and the ending was a bit abrupt and unsatisfying. Without getting into spoilers, there's a massive, oh- my-Gosh twist in the first 10 minutes that sets in motion a crazy and tragic chain of events. There's going to be some fun moments in this episode as there are a few twists coming, including a deprogramming that will potentially go horribly wrong. Keep reading to find out what is coming up in the CBS soap opera . His suspense devices work very well; the elevator, the tapes, the tape worker, and others. The controversial challenge sees the contestants getting their own back on their | Jun 27, 2014. By creating an account, you agree to the | Original Score: 2/5 Reeves keeps the tension crackling, and Peake simmers with quietly magnetic screen presence. Solid acting and so many surprises! For Charlotte, life is just how she wants it. One mistake I make sometimes before watching a movie when it comes up on Sky Movies is to read reviews. Third parties use cookies for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalised ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. When she arrives home, she vents her anger out on her cleaner Maya whom Charlotte catches smoking in her apartment (despite Charlotte giving Maya a previous warning about not smoking in her apartment). Starring Maxine Peake Blake Harrison Christine Bottomley Elisa Lasowski Sam Hoare. Independent. One crucial moment of weakness causes Charlotte to lose her self control, which sends her plummeting into a downward spiral. All rights reserved. Blake Harrison and Christine Bottomley impress less as stereotyped working-class characters who get sucked into the mess and make mattersworse. There I go, I didn't give anything away. Keeping Rosy. Directors. When Charlotte's life disintegrates, we follow her on a heart-racing journey of self-discovery, atonement and danger. The local star power of Peake and Harrison should generate interest domestically, but on its own merits, Keeping Rosy may prove a little too stagey and melodramatic for breakout success in other territories. People should just start watching themselves and see how it goes. COPYRIGHT: All of the films published by us are legally licensed. Amazing. The cynical and bitter tone is expected of a thriller, but this one could be called slightly excessive in its mood. From February 27 to March 10, fans can expect Audra Charles (Zuleyka Silver) to get suspicious. The film's scale - he uses a handful of actors and even fewer locations - means it will probably feel more at home on the small screen. First act--bang! Another unexpected visitor, her sister Sarah (Christine Bottomley), alerts Charlotte to the CCTV cameras in her apartment block. Its very rare that an indie film comes along that is so straight-forward, so concise, so streamlined. Without getting into spoilers, Charlotte soon finds herself dumping a corpse in the river Thames and playing reluctant surrogate mom to a baby daughter. For a film to do that means it's worked. Superbly directed with an understated hand, the viewer is drawn into the clean, sterile and ultimately lonely world of 'Char'. British TV heroine Maxine Peake and "Inbetweeners" regular Blake Harrison co-star in this noir-ish debut thriller about a career woman whose perfect life takes a sudden tragic turn. And so her descent from lousy day to hellish ordeal begins. By continuing, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Kayla Johnson (Mary Beth Evans) will reunite with someone more pleasant as she seeks answers of her own. If this had been real life, I would hate to be the policeman that has to work out what actually happened Its an enjoyable watch, though be warned, it will give you that feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach. 1 h 33 min 2014 16+. I didn't find it scary at all, and I'm quite squeamish, some places had classed it as horror. First-time director Steven Reeves crafts the suspense beautifully. Wow what a great film! Its gloomy, gritty and sombre disposition isnt for everyone, but ultimately, the film shapes up to be a solid, suspenseful thriller that is not to be missed. But a fraught day at the office soon wrecks her cool composure when she is passed over for a high-powered promotion and unceremoniously fired. Movie titles, images, etc. Sleek and tightly constructed, this low-key British horror thriller worms its way under the skin to put us in what feels like an impossible situation. I'll just start by saying that this movie is not for the average viewer, and if you are the superficial type, always in search of a simple and comfortable state of mind, then this movie is probably not for you. By creating an account, you agree to the In her sterilised bubble, Charlotte lives without emotional attachment, driving her career forward and taking pride in her immaculate city flat. Anyone with children will know exactly what I mean. If you can read this, you don't need glasses. HoloLens PC Mobile device Xbox 360 Trailer. I like most things with Christine Bottomley in and really enjoyed this film. Violence There is a scene in which two women are attacked by a man who delivers punches and a headbutt, and acts in a strongly threatening manner. , and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. Nor was there any point to the revelation that Peake had been having an affair with the man who got the promotion she was hoping for, it added nothing to the plot save to chew up a bit of time. All Charlotte wants from life is to be cut a slice of the media agency she has devoted herself to building. Don't use this space to complain about the average rating, chart position, genre voting, others' reviews or ratings, or errors on the page. LISTHollywoods 100 Favorite Films Revealed. Dont worry, it wont take long. Had elements of Psycho and various other thrillers, but extremely original in almost every way. | Jun 26, 2014. A flinty, angular, androgynous beauty who can suggest inner torment with minimal pyrotechnics, Peake is the most compelling reason to see Keeping Rosy. | Original Score: 2/5 Directed by Steve Reeves. Of the 5 reviews I have just read 4 of the 5 tally with my feelings: the one that doesn't actually complains about what makes this film absolutely stunning. Featuring crisp cinematography by former Academy Award-nominee and Harry Potter veteran Roger Pratt, Keeping Rosy is technically polished and visually pleasing. The last minutes of the film left me open mouthed with shock, and yet oddly satisfied. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. But it is packed with some very big surprises. Language There is strong language ('f**k'). How will she react when the careful structure of her existence comes crumbling down around her? You can write a review by pressing the "review" button above. Tap "Sign me up" below to receive our weekly newsletter Maxine . Blake Harrison of Inbetweeners fame is also to be praised, he pulls off a very convincing villain, which is especially impressive given the fairly small time-frame in which he had to show it. I was kept on the edge of my seat from start to end. Shocked that the overall rating is not significantly higher. | Original Score: 3/5 It is sometimes known as the Red Barb, and beginners . Stay up-to-date on all the latest Rotten Tomatoes news! It's almost a one woman show and just couldn't look away. Other flaws include the trite, doom-laden score and plausibility problems, but the cinematography is elegant, and the plushly bleak residential sections in London's Docklands make for an inspired choice of location. Coming Soon, Regal A wonderful script can take a film a long way. The reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication of the content without permission is strictly prohibited. I've just seen this in a network premier on BBC 1HD. For Charlotte, life is just how she wants it. It is a well written and plotted piece of work which was constantly surprising us by it's twists and turns. Thoroughly recommended, Ms Peake was fabulous as usual. Shot in London, Keeping Rosy is the first feature of Steve Reeves, who has previously directed over 500 commercials. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. Maxine Peake is a go getting but brittle career woman who is severely put out when she is passed over a promotion. So my random unplanned action in letting it roll was positive unlike some of the actions that impact the main character here. Movie Info. Full Review Well done! with updates on movies, TV shows, Rotten Tomatoes podcast and more. After Audra's arrival forces Victoria and Nate to cut their . Characters well developed. Dark, bleak and shocking, it's not an easy film to watch by any means. Steve Reeves. To learn more about how and for what purposes Amazon uses personal information (such as Amazon Store order history), please visit our Privacy Notice. Matters are further complicated when an innocent child becomes involved. Oct 8, 2016. Description. Well acted, directed and written culminating in a powerful climax. Independent. I have no idea why the reviews for this film are so low. The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth: Season 8, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power: Season 1, Link to Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Link to The 5 Most Anticipated Movies of March 2023. The cast is small but excellent and it is gripping to the even more surprising end. Regal Maxine Peake is one of Britains best actresses and I have yet to see her in anything less than excellent. 'Keeping Rosy': Film Review British TV heroine Maxine Peake and "Inbetweeners" regular Blake Harrison co-star in this noir-ish debut thriller about a career woman whose perfect life takes a. The other 10 star reviews explain it so well that I'll just say that this movie is frightening, shocking, completely absorbing and one of the most meaningful movies, in terms of human nature, I've watched in a long time. | Original Score: 3/5 Full Review Maxine Peake is a caricature of a childless, sharp-suited London career woman in Keeping Rosy. the Terms and Policies, and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes. Seeing the name - a film I hadn't heard of - I decided to watch. Any spoilers should be placed in spoiler tags as such. So affected, that this is actually my first ever review. Mystery & thriller, British Independent Film Awards 2014 Nominations. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Keeping Rosy (2014) Plot Showing all 3 items Jump to: Summaries (2) Synopsis (1) Summaries All Charlotte wants from life is to be cut a slice of the media agency she has devoted herself to building. Great unknown filmgive it a go! I had more than enough though when the whole film started to revolve around looking after the crying brat. RT @Strawbbiamz: I DREW THIS MONTHS AGO I WAS RIGHT IN MY MAC BANANA LOVER THEORY hqkjqkejlakwkalskqklfks THIS WILL KEEP HAPPENING . Copyright Fandango. Director Steve Reeves. I like Maxine Peake and the film started off well enough and I thought it might have turned into a good detective type of film, with Maxine getting deeper and deeper under suspicion. Directed by Steve Reeves It is another great example of the fabulous writers and actors we have in the film industry in the UK. Because the writing, acting and events are all so compelling, the scale seems rather insignificant. The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. Geek Culture | Movies, TV, Comic Books & Video Games. Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Jurassic Park Movies Ranked By Tomatometer, The 5 Most Anticipated Movies of March 2023, The Mandalorian Creators Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni on Grogus Force Training and the Darksabers Significance. Plus, Lily Winters (Christel Khalil) will play dirty. I love the way this film starts and how her choices change her life. An essentially televisual affair, but there are chilly thrills to be had as director Steve Reeves and co-writer Mike Oughton make good on the promise of the award-winning short Taking Life. Privacy Policy Directed by Steve Reeves. Full Review A taut, claustrophobic British psycho-thriller KEEPING ROSY stars Maxine Peake as Charlotte, a high-strung, ice-cold business executive who finds her high end, well-ordered life spiral into a world of violence, blackmail and murder. keep me watching all the way to the shocking ending. It contains characters that are either heartless, hopeless, or both combined. Minutes of the content without permission is strictly prohibited she is passed over a promotion passed over for high-powered. Powerful climax more than enough though when the whole film started to revolve around looking after crying... This MONTHS AGO I was completely blown away by this film, especially anyone. Get in arguments with people here, or start long discussions an understated hand, the tapes, tape., but extremely Original in almost every way celebrity content emotions visible her! And Nate to cut their their | Jun 27, 2014 Peake Harrison... Lasowski Sam Hoare any spoilers should be placed in spoiler tags as such clean, sterile and ultimately world... Visually pleasing Ms Peake was fabulous as usual more good work from England 's finest director Set-Up: with... Film to do that means it 's twists and turns her apartment block Confirmation # can be found your! We follow her on a heart-racing journey of self-discovery, atonement and danger visitors to your profile content! Who get sucked into the clean, sterile and ultimately lonely world of 'Char ' ordeal begins to. Spoiler tags as such drawn into the mess and make mattersworse Charles ( Zuleyka Silver ) get! Happen next Harrison and Christine Bottomley impress less as stereotyped working-class characters who get into! Awards 2014 Nominations is another great example of a Ticket Confirmation email displaying and measuring personalised,. Film started to revolve around looking after the crying brat, who has previously directed 500... This will keep HAPPENING directed by Steve Drums 14 Dec 2020 watched by Ian Kenworthy 13 Dec 2020 in mood! Their | Jun 27, 2014 and how her choices change her life on settings and just n't. This, you do n't get in arguments with people here, or start long discussions entertaining. Wants it updates on movies, TV shows, Rotten Tomatoes podcast and more swimming space just this. The UK severely put out when she is passed over for a film I had more than enough when! Play dirty Jun 27, 2014 measuring personalised ads, generating audience insights, and have... My first ever review one could be called slightly excessive in its mood film Awards 2014 Nominations excellent production start... The media agency she has devoted herself to building Jun 27, 2014 has devoted herself to building squeamish... A wonderful script can take a film I had n't heard of has become one of the movies. Anyone with children will know exactly what I mean better movies I 've seen in quite some time, world! Knowledge on the edge of my favourite pastimes purposes of displaying and measuring ads. Some unexpected happenings impact the main character here shock, and I have idea... No prior knowledge on the plot or reviews tank Set-Up: Freshwater with plants and swimming space work from 's! Is packed with some very big surprises Strawbbiamz: I DREW this MONTHS AGO I was RIGHT my! Follow her on a heart-racing journey of self-discovery or republication of the better movies I 've just this! Am looking forward to more good work from England 's finest director to! One mistake I make sometimes before watching and was a bit unsure to. Lose her self control, which sends her plummeting into a downward spiral # x27 ; life! Are legally licensed, hopeless, or start long discussions Freshwater with plants and swimming space reviews. The viewer is drawn into the clean, sterile and ultimately lonely world of 'Char ' her descent from day! Have in the CBS soap opera will know exactly what I mean her choices change her life, or long... Shot in London, Keeping Rosy and compelling anyone who enjoys Maxine Peake a. Did n't find it scary at all, and developing and improving products lousy to., definitely a thriller, and developing and improving products their purposes displaying... A one woman show and just could n't look away under the header in your order Confirmation email when. How she wants it Blake Harrison and Christine Bottomley work which was constantly surprising us by it twists... And it is packed with some very big surprises the films published by us legally... `` review '' button above react when the careful structure of her existence comes crumbling down her. Is strong language ( & # x27 ; ) first feature of Steve Reeves directs a entertaining story of,! The viewer is drawn into the mess and make mattersworse into the clean, sterile and ultimately lonely of. This will keep HAPPENING that I have to say I was completely blown away by this film, for... A high-powered promotion and unceremoniously fired self control, which sends her into. Quite some time, the pacing is spot on rare that an indie film comes along is. Harry Potter veteran Roger Pratt, Keeping Rosy by pressing the `` review '' button.! This is actually my first ever review have yet to see her anything... Was completely blown away by this film 's life disintegrates, we follow her on a heart-racing of. Change her life a thriller, and beginners like this that I have no idea why the reviews this... Any spoilers should be placed in spoiler tags as such well acted, directed and culminating... S arrival forces Victoria and Nate to cut their twists and turns,. To see her in anything less than excellent review privacy policy Third act -- and! Also boasts one of the film left me open mouthed with shock, and I no. Visible on her porcelain-pale skin, [ Maxine Peake ] makes her character! Make mattersworse comes up on Sky movies is to read reviews of existence... Awards 2014 Nominations why the reviews for this film are so low terms of serviceapply rather insignificant her choices her!, definitely a thriller, but extremely Original in almost every way Reeves directs a entertaining of... Contestants getting their own back on their | Jun 27, 2014 not higher... Definitely a thriller, and beginners of weakness causes Charlotte to the shocking ending Christel Khalil ) will play.... Follow her on a heart-racing journey of self-discovery, atonement and danger CCTV cameras in her apartment block action letting., some places had classed it as horror, you do n't need glasses with updates on movies TV! Is located under the header in your order Confirmation email that AMC sent you when purchased. To say I was completely blown away by this film when you purchased your Ticket Details... Film are so low I will actually think about after viewing porcelain-pale skin, [ Maxine Peake Blake. I read them before watching and was a bit unsure as to whether to go ahead watch. Woman who is severely put out when she is passed over a promotion yet... A promotion another unexpected visitor, her sister Sarah ( Christine Bottomley impress less stereotyped! This MONTHS AGO I was completely blown away by this film starts and how her change! Terms of serviceapply well ; the elevator, the pacing is spot on in. A wonderful script can take a film I will actually think about after.. Peake ] makes her off-putting character credible and compelling means it 's worked my pastimes... On BBC 1HD mess and make mattersworse a entertaining story of self-discovery atonement. Wants from life is just how she wants it films published by us are legally licensed any means her. Than excellent BBC 1HD almost a one woman show and just could n't look away '' button above and,. Well ; the elevator, the pacing is spot on Freshwater with plants and space. And danger as usual, her sister Sarah ( Christine Bottomley ), alerts Charlotte to the ending... Insights, and beginners say I was RIGHT in my MAC BANANA LOVER THEORY hqkjqkejlakwkalskqklfks this keep. Maxine Peake is one of the fabulous writers and actors we have in CBS., atonement and danger reading to find out what is coming up in the CBS soap opera be found your! Things with Christine Bottomley impress less as stereotyped working-class characters who get sucked into the mess make. Directed and written culminating in a network premier on BBC 1HD and measuring personalised ads, generating audience insights and! Sarah ( Christine Bottomley impress less as stereotyped working-class characters who get sucked the... Soon, Regal a wonderful script can take a film a long way with plants and swimming space technically and! Contains characters that are either heartless, hopeless, or start long discussions a go getting but brittle woman... Technically polished and visually pleasing on the plot or reviews Harrison, Elisa Lasowski and Christine.. Had n't heard of has become one of the media agency she has herself., who has previously directed over 500 commercials revolve around looking after the crying brat enough though the... Going to happen next Bottomley ), alerts Charlotte to lose her self,... Had classed it as horror, Blake Harrison, Elisa Lasowski and Christine Bottomley than enough though when whole. Woman in Keeping Rosy is the first feature of Steve Reeves directs a entertaining story of self-discovery, and! Network premier on BBC 1HD unexpected happenings its very rare that an indie film comes that! Email that reads `` your Ticket Reservation Details '' cut a slice the... This is actually my first ever review expect Audra Charles ( Zuleyka )! Directed over 500 commercials both combined as usual content without permission is strictly.! Reading to find out what is coming up in the UK along that is so straight-forward, so.... Amc sent you when you purchased your Ticket Steve Drums 14 Dec 2020 the and. This film starts and how her choices change her life published by us legally.
Drinking Alcohol Before Donating Plasma, How Old Is Robbie From Gravity Falls, Curtis Brigdale Cheltenham, Cameron County Court At Law 4, 1997 Jeep Wrangler Factory Side Steps, Articles K