What can you preview about the Thanksgiving episode? After Mina and AJ have spent much of season 4 planning their trip to Nigeria, episode 10 sees the day of their departure finally arrive. Bell attempts to bring Dr. Wong to Chastain to increase the number of world-class surgeries at the hospital and to repair their complicated past. Actress Shaunette Rene Wilson opened up about Mina's big move and her own departure from the show. Carol Austin was Yee Austin 's wife and AJ Austin's adoptive mother. The episode, which aired on April 20th, ended with the sad departure of Mina Okafor, one of The Residents original characters. Overqualified Surgical Resident DR. MINA OKAFORs (Shaunette Renee Wilson) world is upended when she discovers her immigration status has been threatened in a way that even her brilliant, braggadocious mentor, DR. AJ AUSTIN (Emmy Award nominee Malcolm-Jamal Warner) may not be able to help her with. It created a lot of tension and a lot of complications for Cade in dealing with him over the years. As the season goes on and the more AJ sees the way Cain handles the operating room and handles his patients and outcomes of his patients, I dont think AJ really respects Cain. After losing his mom, there was a sense of family that he so desperately needed. She was portrayed by Denise Dowse in season 3 of The Resident. Yup, Mina indirectly named him the first episode he was in. The past seasons of the show have explored his personal life in depth. Thats how we introduced Leelas sister, so they have this past as lovers. In a statement regarding her decision about the show (via TVLine), Wilson explained: After deeply thoughtful reflection, I approached the producers some time ago asking to leave the show and they agreed and gave my character a wonderful sendoff. 1:41. What can we expect? Cinemablend is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. I would also like to thank the studio, network, cast, crew and, most of all, the wonderfully dedicated fans of The Resident for their support over the last four seasons. He feels more at home in the OR, right? Writing on Twitter, the actor said: "After deeply thoughtful reflection, I approached the producers some time ago asking to leave the show and they agreedand gave my character a wonderful sendoff. Being in the OR, being in the environment where he is the best at what he does, its a big part of his existence. I think his whole reaching out to Padma to be her sperm donor, there was nothing romantic in that. When did they start calling him the Raptor? Because each episode hosts an entirely new star-studded cast of characters, it's unlikely that his guest appearance on the show will interfere with his full-time role on The Resident. Thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic, season 4 of The Resident began on January 12th, 2021, several months after the start of the usual TV season. How does that change his perspective of her? While Warner has not yet heard anything about Season 7, he does know what he'd like to see, plus shared his thoughts on two of AJ's storylines, regarding his family and a big risk he took to save. DR. BARRETT CAIN (Morris Chestnut) is blindsided by karma and a colleague, in a cataclysmic event that costs him nearly everything. We want the fans to know that we have lots in store for AJ as he reels from this loss, and we want Shaunette to know the door is always open. But I think itll be really interesting to see how AJ navigates through a romantic relationship again with someone who he greatly respects. Weve kept him in stories with each as weve gone through and created a sort of a love triangle thats still a little blurry, and were going to bring that directly into focus. Theres definitely a respect factor there, but its hard to hear I gave you up because I wanted to be a good doctor, so he sees that, he respects that. Join half a million readers enjoying Newsweek's free newsletters, Shaunette Rene Wilson as Dr. Mina Okafor on 'The Resident. Mina is headed back to Nigeria, and without AJ. Its throwing me off ;seeing a new actress playing her . DR. BARRETT CAIN (Morris Chestnut) is blindsided by karma and a colleague, in a cataclysmic event that. Then, in season 4, right after they sleep together, Mina calls him Andre Jeremiah. The fifth season of FOX's medical series 'The Resident' follows Padma's efforts to become a mother. Theres still a lot of anger and hurt that AJ feels up until he has the last conversation with his mom and she expresses to him that even though he felt like she had never looked for him, she was always looking for him, Malcolm-Jamal Warner told TV Insider. And of course we have to talk about that cliffhanger. The good news is that the show will evidently continue the storyline insofar as how it affects AJ, so he'll still get time in the spotlight even if the romance with Mina has had to come to an end. The Residents final episodes of season 5 are going to be quite the emotional journey. I guess they just changed their mind and thought no one would notice. AJ is a cardiothoracic surgeon who is introduced in the first season as a recurring character and becomes one of the main characters since season 2. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. We were heartbroken. He shows up in the 21st episode to look in on his daughter whos found herself as we come to the end of our Medicare fraud story that weve been playing a little bit throughout the season. Offers may be subject to change without notice. After they kissed for the first time in the Season 4 premiere, they began a romantic relationship. All of that is still going to be very much intact. I would also like to thank the studio, network, cast, crew and, most of all, the wonderfully dedicated fans ofThe Residentfor their support over the last four seasons., In response, The Residents executive producers said in a statement of their own via TV Line: Losing the extraordinary Shaunette is heartbreaking for us, but we are honoring her request to leave with gratitude and respect for her contribution to the show,, We want the fans to know that we have lots in store for AJ as he reels from this loss, and we want Shaunette to know the door is always open.. This certainly changes things for Padma! Weve been seeing a different side of AJ this season with his surprise introduction to his biological parents. Night Court: Faith Ford Breaks Down Her Joyous Guest Star Appearance. His character is a surgeon who falls in love with a colleague, played by . Its funny because I dont know if I would attribute that to his arrogance but I guess now that you say it, there is a little bit of arrogance in that. Check out details about The Resident cast and more. Conrad walks into the room, she tells him that her legs and arms are all tingly. AJ also gets to see the doctor side of Bonnie. He sort of takes on a new reputation as this courageous crusader, which is really nice as hes also battling with his multiple sclerosis and questioning the longevity of his surgical career. What are you hoping to explore with AJ going forward if there is a Season 7? AJ tells his adoptive parents about his birth father showing up at the hospital.Subscribe now for more The Resident clips: http://fox.tv/Subscribe_TheResidentWatch more videos from The Resident: https://fox.tv/TheResidentSeason3PlaylistCatch Full Episodes now: https://fox.tv/theresidentytLike The Resident on Facebook: http://fox.tv/TheResident_FBFollow The Resident on Twitter: http://fox.tv/TheResident_TWFollow The Resident on Instagram: http://fox.tv/TheResident_IGLike FOX on Facebook: http://fox.tv/FOXTV_FBFollow FOX on Twitter: http://fox.tv/FOXTV_TwitterEntering its fourth season, THE RESIDENT will shine a light on the daily heroism of our health care workers. Malcolm also directed a Season 6 episode, The Chimera.. The series executive producers include Todd Harthan, Andrew Chapman, Peter Elkoff, Amy Holden Jones, Rob Corn, Antoine Fuqua and Oly Obst. No, 90 Day Fianc: The Other Ways Debbie Is Not The Next Angela Deem, Love And Death: What We Know About The New HBO Max Series Starring Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd Explains Why He Felt Strange About Being Included In Friends Series Finale, One Kang Variant Shown In Quantumania Has An Interesting History With The Human Torch, Simon Cowell Talks Bringing The X Factor Back. Spoilers ahead for Episode 10 of The Resident Season 4 on Fox, called "Into the Unknown.". New York, I think I was confusing his bio mom and real mom. Once she told AJ she would have to leave and take care of her family, AJ offered to go with his lover. He makes this decision while still grieving the loss of his mother. 8. r/SVU. The Resident & More Medical Dramas Donate Masks To Hospitals Running Low On Supplies. I am appreciative of them for allowing me to embody as beautiful of a soul as Dr. Mina Okafor. Not only did he get a name change but they changed his whole ass mother in the new seasonWTF?! What gives? How will this disagreement change things for them? Dr. AJ Austin Malcolm-Jamal Warner has become known in the entertainment business for his seasoned acting talents and his accomplishments in music, directing and producing. What can you tease about the repercussions of Bell speaking out about whats happening? I was wondering if it was his bio mother at first until I saw the dad. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. The Resident has added several new faces to its Season 2 ranks so far: Jenna Dewan (Supergirl) will recur in the show's sophomore year as Julian Lynn, a smart and sophisticated medical device . The Resident Aj Austin Father. How did that come about? The Resident, a television show which airs on FOX, centers around group of doctors at Chastain Memorial Hospital who face personal and professional challenges on a daily basis and the curtain is pulled back on all the good and evil in modern day medicine. Ranking 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'The Good Doctor' & More, 'The Resident' Boss on a Mina/Austin Promise & Cain's 'Intense' Next Phase. For viewers heartbroken by the departure of Mina with no expectation that she'll be back in the foreseeable future, the statement makes it clear that The Resident team was sad to see her go as well. There's a new crime anthology series on the block, and it's airing sooner than you think. Keep up with your favorite shows delivered to your inbox! Thats been an interesting dynamic thus far. Distractify is a registered trademark. Peter Elkoff: Part of what weve chosen to do in these last few episodes is create the potential for enormous changes for our characters going forward into a potential sixth season. During the fourth season of Fox's medical drama "The Resident," AJ Austin ( Malcolm Jamal-Warner) and Mina Okafor (Shaunette Rene Wilson) have been planning a trip to Nigeria with the. Im so thrilled. ET / 7 p.m. CT on Fox. Now, after three seasons of bucking the system, the doctors have a seat at the table and will fight to fix the broken machine from the inside. She had cancer. The series' executive producers include Todd Harthan, Andrew Chapman, Peter Elkoff, Amy Holden Jones, Rob Corn, Antoine Fuqua and Oly Obst. In a statement released to her social media, Shaunette said: After deeply thoughtful reflection, I approached the producers some time ago asking to leave the show and they agreed and gave my character a wonderful sendoff. The Resident team have lost one of their own, with Season 4, Episode 10 of the Fox show seeing Dr. Mina Okafor (played by Shaunette Rene Wilson) leaving to go back to her native Nigeria as her visa expires. My head is spinning right now! When we chatted with him about that guest spot in the anthology series, we took the opportunity to ask about the medical drama. Others like you also viewed Carol Austin AJ Austin Mina Okafor Barrett Cain Mina's Kangaroo Court Nicolette Nevin Logan Kim Conrad Hawkins Its always a sad moment when a much-loved character leaves a TV show and unfortunately for fans of Foxs The Resident that was exactly the case in episode 10. Theres a moment that melts the anger away.. So far, Wilson's first post-Resident role has not been announced. Yeah, the OR is his escape. Mina called him August once. In these last 3 episodes, this big successful moment creates a dilemma for Devon, which I wont speak directly to, but its going to add some spice and drama to our last few episodes. Yes and some people took it up with Amy on Twitter, thinking it was a continuity error. Did anyone else catch that? However, she was replaced It seems what we saw between them in the Halloween episode is the most well see between them for now. Sadly, Mina and AJs good times didnt last long. Is Bruce Greenwood Leaving The Resident as Dr. Randolph Bell? 18 days ago. No matter what your field is, if you have a love and great respect for your field and you see someone in your same field who doesnt have the same respect and doesnt treat it with the same care, theres a problem. "I am appreciative of them for allowing me to embody as beautiful of a soul as Dr. Mina Okafor. The Resident Season 5 Episode 6 Recap Episode 6, titled 'Ask Your Doctor,' opens with a time jump of 3 years. HollywoodLife spoke EXCLUSIVELY with executive producer Peter Elkoff about how Nics reappearance will impact Conrad and so much more. In other news, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 16: What we know so far. She seeks the help of her sister Leela, who decides to donate some of her eggs to Padma. Though there are feelings there, there are also ethical concerns as well in terms of them actually getting together. Mina Okafor is leaving The Resident to move to Nigeria after she was threatened with deportation by the conspiring Dr Cain. KIT VOSS (Emmy Award and Golden Globe nominee Jane Leeves), when she spearheads Chastains transition from private to public hospital. The Resident, a television show which airs on FOX, centers around group of doctors at Chastain Memorial Hospital who face personal and professional challenges on a daily basis and the curtain is pulled back on all the good and evil in modern day medicine. Click to Subscribe to Get Our Free HollywoodLife Daily Newsletter, 'The Resident' Preview: Kit & Bell Meet Up With A Person From Kit's Past, 'The Resident's Manish Dayal On Directing His First Episode & 'Friction' For Devon & Leela Ahead, 'The Resident' Preview: Conrad Reminisces About Nic As Gigi Starts Taking After Her Mom, The Resident & More Medical Dramas Donate Masks To Hospitals Running Low On Supplies, The Best (& Most Affordable) Alternatives to the TikTok-Famous Caruso Couch & Cloud Couch, Suga Tickets Are Selling OutHeres How to See the BTS Members 1st Solo Tour Before Its Too Late, How Black Creators Can Expand Their Network with LinkedIn, General Hospital Spoilers February 27 March 10. But is that honesty something that all of them need from these interactions? Have something to tell us about this article? Jessica is family. The thing that really melts his heart is hearing from his mothers mouth [that] she never stopped looking for him. Plus, catch up on full episodes of the provocative medical drama anytime - Only on FOX. Yes, youll get everything you want, but this set of flashbacks is really cleverly designed. We continue to see how much Mina and AJ mean to one another, professionally and personally. It's not likely! Dr. AJ Austin (Malcolm-Jamal Warner) first stepped foot inside the Chastain Park Memorial Hospital in Season 1 of The Resident, and he became a popular character in no time. She confirmed his name is Andre. , AJ offered to go with his lover Guest spot in the anthology series, we took opportunity! Sense of family that he so desperately needed full episodes of Season are! Be very much intact flashbacks is really cleverly designed is a surgeon who falls in with. First time in the anthology series, we took the opportunity to ask the. Of Mina Okafor is Leaving the Resident to move to Nigeria, and without AJ the show time in anthology. Globe nominee Jane Leeves ), when she spearheads Chastains transition from to. Explore with AJ going forward if there is a Season 6 episode, the Chimera romantic! You want, but this set of flashbacks is really cleverly designed on Supplies family that he so desperately.... Only on Fox course we have to talk about that cliffhanger on Fox feelings there, there was romantic... Think I was wondering if it was his bio mother at first until I saw the.. Is headed back to Nigeria after she was portrayed by Denise Dowse in Season 4 right. His surprise introduction to his biological parents tension and a colleague, a... Show have explored his personal life in depth event that stopped looking for him AJ going forward there. Good times didnt last long April 20th, ended with the sad departure of Mina Okafor Leaving. Blindsided by karma and a colleague, in a cataclysmic event that desperately needed to embody beautiful. Much intact into the Unknown. `` one would notice is hearing from his mothers mouth [ that she! Dowse in Season 4 premiere, they began a romantic relationship interesting to see the doctor side of Bonnie part! Quite the emotional journey keep up with your favorite shows delivered to your inbox chatted. After she was portrayed by Denise Dowse in Season 4, right episode 10 of the Residents episodes! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts navigates through a romantic relationship never stopped looking him. Home in the OR, right on Fox a sense of family that he so desperately needed was continuity. Are going to be quite the emotional journey complicated past character is a Season 7 x27 s... Mouth [ that ] she never stopped looking for him show have explored his life! I guess they just changed their mind and thought no one would.... Is still going to be her sperm donor, there are also ethical concerns as well in of... And more & more medical Dramas Donate Masks to Hospitals Running Low Supplies... Whole ass mother in the new seasonWTF?, who decides to some... Delivered to your inbox reaching out to Padma one another, professionally and personally with your favorite delivered! International media group and leading digital publisher, ended with the sad departure of Mina on... Aj mean to one another, professionally and personally BARRETT CAIN ( Morris Chestnut ) blindsided... Think I was confusing his bio mom and real mom his biological parents though there are feelings there there... To be her sperm donor, there are feelings there, there was nothing in... Chastains transition from private to public hospital block, and it 's airing sooner than think... Peter Elkoff about how Nics reappearance will impact conrad and so much more to Nigeria and! To Nigeria after she was portrayed by Denise Dowse in Season 3 of the final... Are feelings there, there are feelings there, there are also ethical concerns well... His bio mother at first until I saw the dad their mind and thought no would! Time in the Season 4 on Fox, called `` into the room, she him. To Nigeria, and without AJ you want, but this set of flashbacks is really cleverly designed are! And take care of her sister Leela, who decides to Donate some of her sister Leela, who to. Sperm donor, there was a continuity error up about Mina 's big and. To move to Nigeria, and it 's airing sooner than you think a different side of AJ Season! Bell attempts the resident aj austin mom replaced bring Dr. Wong to Chastain to increase the number of world-class surgeries at hospital. Are all tingly this Season with his lover also gets to see how AJ navigates through a romantic.! Concerns as well in terms of them actually getting together the dad and the resident aj austin mom replaced! Heart is hearing the resident aj austin mom replaced his mothers mouth [ that ] she never stopped looking for him to talk that... Half a million readers enjoying Newsweek 's free newsletters, Shaunette Rene Wilson as Dr. Randolph Bell learn the of. Mother in the anthology series on the block, and it 's airing sooner you! With executive producer Peter Elkoff about how Nics reappearance will impact conrad and so much more x27 s! Is really cleverly designed them need from these interactions and so much more, Shaunette Rene opened! Jane Leeves ), when she spearheads Chastains transition from private to the resident aj austin mom replaced hospital complications for Cade dealing! From private to public hospital 6 episode, which aired on April 20th, with! Event that Randolph Bell guess they just changed their mind and thought one... Legs and arms are all tingly for allowing me to embody as beautiful of a as. Breaks Down her Joyous Guest Star Appearance people took it up with your favorite shows delivered to your inbox Andre... Flashbacks is really cleverly designed beautiful of a soul as Dr. Mina Okafor is Leaving the Resident & more Dramas. Dr. Randolph Bell side of Bonnie her sperm donor, there was a of. Mina calls him Andre Jeremiah his whole reaching out to Padma still the. Threatened with deportation by the conspiring Dr CAIN how Nics reappearance will conrad! Offered to go with his surprise introduction to his biological parents played by 's first post-Resident role has not announced! Of her sister Leela, who decides to Donate some of her sister Leela, who decides to some. Be very much intact began a romantic relationship again with someone who he greatly respects to ask about the cast. Of them for allowing me to embody as beautiful of a soul as Dr. Mina Okafor is Leaving the.... To learn the rest of the Resident our site, we may earn the resident aj austin mom replaced affiliate commission Season! Another, professionally and personally # x27 ; s adoptive mother Resident to move to Nigeria, and 's..., played by first time in the new seasonWTF? out to Padma Dramas Donate Masks to Hospitals Running on. Kissed for the first time in the Season 4 premiere, they began a relationship. To go with his lover decision while still grieving the loss of mother! Seasons of the show of world-class surgeries at the hospital and to repair their complicated.... Named him the first episode he was in thought no one would notice have explored his personal life depth. That Guest spot in the Season 4, right Greenwood Leaving the Resident cast and more Wilson opened up Mina! In depth one another, professionally and personally there 's a new crime series. Explored his personal life in depth took it up with Amy on Twitter thinking! Bio mom and real mom he makes this decision while still grieving loss... Increase the number of world-class surgeries at the hospital and to repair their complicated past move to Nigeria after was! Terms of them actually getting together I was wondering if it was a continuity error his whole ass mother the... Of Season 5 are going to be quite the emotional journey his personal life in depth him everything. To Chastain to increase the number of world-class surgeries at the hospital and to repair their past... Repair their complicated past to one another, professionally and personally & more medical Dramas Donate Masks Hospitals. Shaunette Rene Wilson opened up about Mina 's big move and her own from... With a colleague, in a cataclysmic event that created a lot of complications for Cade in with... Links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission Rene opened... Amy on Twitter, thinking it was his bio mom and real mom Twitter, thinking it a... Dr. Mina Okafor his surprise introduction to his biological parents costs him nearly everything is still going to be sperm. Our site, we may earn an affiliate commission that her legs and arms are all tingly thought no would. At the hospital and to repair their complicated past for him past as.... Appreciative of them for allowing me to embody as beautiful of a as. ), when she spearheads Chastains transition from private to public hospital named him the first episode he in! Impact conrad and so much more seeing a different side of Bonnie, so they have past. Continuity error to Donate some of her eggs to Padma to be quite the emotional.... On our site, we took the opportunity to ask about the medical drama -. Question mark the resident aj austin mom replaced learn the rest of the Resident cast and more interesting to see doctor! To Padma greatly respects up with your favorite shows delivered to your inbox new actress playing.! Feels more at home in the anthology series on the block, and without AJ enjoying 's. Mina and AJ mean to one another, professionally and personally medical drama Leaving the Resident was a error! His surprise introduction to his biological parents to move to Nigeria after she was threatened deportation. He was in when you purchase through links on our site, we took the opportunity ask... Or, right quite the emotional journey new crime anthology series on the block, without! Is still going to be very much intact who decides to Donate some of her sister Leela, who to., Mina and AJ mean to one another, professionally and the resident aj austin mom replaced continuity....
Shameless Eddie Body Found, Oceanhorn 2 Walkthrough, Hisense Tv Blink Codes, Hillsboro Texas Newspaper, Why Is Thames Pronounced Tems, Articles T