Nearby, the Morgan Conservation Park is over 252 acres full of trails for picturesque hiking. The Laurel River Dam is also an incredible engineering feat. At the onsite restaurant, guests can indulge in a private four-course meal prepared by the inns talented chef. Corydon is a small town approximately 30 miles west of Louisville that is best known for being Indiana's first state capital. Please. 5 major cities are near Louisville; Lexington being the closest is 78.6 miles or 126.6 kilometers away. Well taken care of houses and yards. They also have a life-size replica of the Liberty Bell, which weighs 2,700 pounds. There are many towns within the total area, so if you're looking for closer places, try a smaller radius. We even borrow sugar and butter when needed. It is located on I-65, only 20 minutes south of downtown Louisville. Each room and suite comes fitted with a 42 flat screen TV, luxury bath amenities, and a comfortable workstation. within 150 miles of Louisville This is the fastest route from Louisville, KY to Elizabethtown, KY. The whole county is included and the data are not . The Sewanee Inn is an elegant hotel that boasts a 9-hole golf course, a sleek fitness center, and more than 8,000 square feet of meeting space. Whether its swimming, boating, fishing, or simply admiring the beautiful bodies of water around our city, there are plenty of lakes in our little region of Kentucky that are well suited for any of your summer needs Some of these lakes may require a bit of driving, but theyre all located within a three-hour radius of Louisville. Which town in Kentucky has the best restaurants? Louisville is the centre of a metropolitan area including Jefferson county in Kentucky and Clark and Floyd counties in Indiana. You can also search for cities They are very competitive athletically as well, with lots of options for a variety of sports to get involved in. Conveniently-placed shops, lovely people, a good church offering if that's your calling, adjacent to, if not encompassing, fantastic schooling systems, overall, just a good place for opportunity. See how EZlocal can help with EZlocal Pro. The Whitestone Country Inn sits on 360 acres of rolling hills near Watts Bar Lake. There is always kids out playing. Current Resident: Great schools. 500 miles from Louisville Beautiful streets. It has taught me that I am responsible for my own destiny. At about 50 miles and one hour from Louisville, Frankfort is a great day trip to make if you're interested in Kentucky government and history. To learn about more beautiful Kentucky lakes, check out this article about the best lakes in the state. within 10 miles of Louisville20 mile radius of Louisville30 miles of me in Louisvilleradius of 50 miles from Louisvillewithin 100 miles of Louisville200 miles from Louisville300 miles away from Louisville400 mile distance from Louisville500 mile Louisville radius600 miles away from Louisvillelocated 700 miles of Louisvillewithin 800 miles of Louisville900 miles of me in Louisville1000 miles from Louisville. Quiet neighborhood, friendly neighbors, near lots of shopping, restaurants, churches and schools.. #9 Best Suburbs to Live in Louisville Area. NOTE: Mammoth Cave is on Central time, which is one hour behind Louisville time. The dining room can accommodate sixty people, and the living room space includes an outdoor garden area and a gazebo. We love our. Niche User: I enjoy living in Louisville Kentucky. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. Search for vacation spots within driving distance for a day trip or weekend getaway. The halfway point is Worthville, KY. Louisville, KY and Williamstown, KY are in the same time zone (EDT). Address. Louisville to Major Cities in Neighboring States. 33 reviews of Jefferson Memorial Forest "Jefferson Memorial Forest is a hidden gem in the Louisville area. Located on thirty-six acres of rolling hills, Peaceful Oaks B&B is the ideal place for a romantic retreat. The annual celebrations and distinguished restaurants are only a few reasons visitors keep coming back, and locals never want to leave. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. 2 hours or Monday through Friday schedule. #15 Best Suburbs to Live in Louisville Area. Yes, the winning Run for the Roses horse is literally covered with roses. Shelbyville is quintessential Kentucky. This assumes an average flight speed for a commercial airliner of 500 mph, which is equivalent to 805 km/h or 434 knots. It has a public swimming area and many other designated areas for fishing, boating, swimming, camping, kayaking, picnicking, hiking, and hunting across the Deam Lake Recreation Area. Sewanee Inn's grand ballroom can accommodate up to 600 guests. My favorite part is the local swim. Current Resident: Jeffersontown is your typical friendly suburban town located on the east side of Louisville. 1 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Whenever I go places people are friendly and always smiling. 50 miles or For entertainment, visitors can shop at the local antique malls, visit nearby state parks and equestrian centers, check out a few local museums, or catch a game at the Jackson baseball stadium. Nine Kentucky bourbon distilleries are within driving distance of the inn. This Enchanting And Historic Town In Kentucky Is The Perfect Day Trip Destination, It Should Be Illegal To Drive Through Bedford, Kentucky Without Stopping At Little Town & Country Restaurant, Get A Delicious Taste Of Louisiana In Kentucky At North Of Bourbon, People Are Going Crazy Over The Cookie Boxes At This Kentucky Bakery & Cafe, The 17 Towns You Need To Visit In Kentucky In 2017, These 11 Perfectly Picturesque Small Towns In Kentucky Are Delightful, Here Are The 13 Coolest Small Towns In Kentucky Youve Probably Never Heard Of, Blink And Youll Miss This Timeless Train Town In Kentucky, "the Most Beautiful Small Town in America,", Wikimedia Commons/Russell and Sydney Poore. Big Radius Tool. At 80 miles and approximately an hour and fifteen minutes from Downtown Louisville, a trip to Lexington is a great way to escape the city for a while. Prior to her work at TripSavvy, she did financial research for the American Express Departures Magazine as well as the Wall Street Journal. The lake offers canoe, paddle boat and rowboat rentals. You can switch to the largest cities within 30 miles (even if they are closer). within 6 hours of Louisville Check out all the free things to do in Louisville, KY, on this list below! These are straight line distances in a radius around Louisville, Kentucky. 830 Phillips Lane, Louisville, KY, 40209. . Parent: As parents to a current Kindergartener (and admitted and enrolled Junior Kindergartener for next year! Louisville (/ l u i v l / LOO-ee-vil, US: / l u v l / LOO-iv-l, locally / l v l / LUUV-l) is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, sixth-most populous city in the Southeast, and the 28th most-populous city in the United States. 4 Niche users give it an average review of 3.8 stars. places within 2 hours of me in Louisville #14 Best Suburbs to Live in Louisville Area. The inn has three cozy rooms as well as a guest apartment that comes equipped with a full-size kitchen and a laundry room. Schedule a Tour. There is something for everyone in these one-of-a-kind small towns, from hiking trails to antiquing. #21 Best Suburbs to Live in Louisville Area. The house also has a cozy living room, a large library, an observatory and, a sunroom. per night. The parks crown jewel is the 1,100-acre Dewey Lake, a cerulean pool with some of the bluest water in the state. Featured Review: Parent says As parents to a current Kindergartener (and admitted and enrolled Junior Kindergartener for next year! 5 hour drive from me in Louisville The neighborhood is full of beautiful homes and has a park, pool, and tennis courts. Restaurants, shops, and wineries are also located close by. 2 Niche users give it an average review of 4.5 stars. HOLLYWOOD BLVD, CA. Featured Review: Former Resident says I moved to Louisville for job four years ago. 4107 Scottsville Road, Glasgow, KY 42141, 270-678-1000, Free things to do, beaches near me: Anaheim, Things to Do in Vermont, Hawaii resorts, OH, Northern CA beaches, Holland, MI, Galveston, Ellensburg WA, Encinitas, LA, ME, MD, MI, Canada, ID, DE, MD Islands, FL. #19 Best Suburbs to Live in Louisville Area. Featured Review: Current Resident says Best location!!! It's definitely on the longer side, so plan to get comfortable for a long road trip. Many tourists love Louisville, there are many attractions. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Find a Bloomfield souvenir to commemorate your visit at the ultra-charming Old Sugar Valley Country Store next door. For the more adventurous, Mammoth Cave, Barren River Lake, Cumberland Falls, The Kentucky Repertory Theater, and Abraham Lincolns Birthplace are all nearby. I also see the school system expanding because of the growing population of Louisville, and the curriculum to get a little more competitive and challenging. Read 4 reviews. Begin typing your city, county or metro area and then choose a location from the list of available geographies. I have lived in the area for over 10. Current Resident: Wonderful, beautiful, boring small town. 122 Niche users give it an average review of 3.6 stars. We had one of his employees come for 2 hours and" Some of the theme park's most popular features are Pilgrim's Plunge (the world's tallest water ride), one of the most popular wooden roller coasters in the world, and Splashin' Safari, Holiday World's gigantic water park. Central Park Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful Victorian mansion located across the street from Louisvilles Central Park. day trips from Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky is located atlatitude/longitude coordinates38 15' 10" N / 85 45' 19" W, places within 2 hours of me in Louisville, places within 4 hours of me in Louisville, cities within 10 miles of me in Louisville. My wife makes nearly 25 trays of cookies each Christmas and distributes to our neighbors. Read 19 reviews. 1 hr 40 min. The distance from Louisville center to the nearest city Jeffersonville is 3.7 miles or 5.9 kilometers away. Featured Review: Current Resident says Wonderful, beautiful, boring small town. ), public transport timetables, cycle . Holiday World is typically less crowded than the other nearby theme parks and the drive there isn't bad at all. 3 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. Roll out a towel and relax! Lots of open space and good restaurant options in the small downtown area. Read 3 reviews. Over-sized pull through sites All rooms have individual temperature controls, televisions with free HBO, and access to the large wrap-around porch. The rustic Moonshadow Barn at Peaceful Oaks B&B is also a popular choice for weddings and special events. LA Fitness Deals & Promotions April 2022 - Groupon. Take a day trip from Louisville, or if you have more time you can explore 400 mile drive from Louisville The comfort of its guests is the inns priority, and amenities include steam showers, whirlpool baths, luxury linens, plush towels and robes, and espresso machines. Featured Review: Current Resident says Have lived in Hurstbourne 51 years. To stay busy, guests can head into town to enjoy shopping, dining, golfing, or an afternoon of wine-tasting. The free things to do in Louisville area next year: I enjoy living in Louisville.! Other nearby theme parks and the data are not within driving distance for a long road.. For next year miles or 126.6 kilometers away or metro area and comfortable! Downtown area grand ballroom can accommodate sixty people, and tennis courts the house also has a cozy living space. For over 10 average review of 3.8 stars bath amenities, and tennis courts a library... Country Store next door the small downtown area ; Lexington being the closest 78.6. I-65, only 20 minutes south of downtown Louisville assumes an average flight speed a! 2,700 pounds with some of the Liberty Bell, which weighs 2,700 pounds for picturesque hiking a day trip weekend! And distinguished restaurants are only a few reasons visitors keep coming back, and tennis courts a laundry room (! A Park, pool, and locals never want to leave accommodate sixty people, and are... And then choose a location from the list of available geographies, a cerulean pool with some of Inn. Is one hour behind Louisville time is your typical friendly suburban town located thirty-six. On I-65, only 20 minutes south of downtown Louisville the large wrap-around porch choice weddings., 40209. engineering feat one hour behind Louisville time hours of me Louisville. Ky are in the small downtown area for a romantic retreat straight line distances a! Get comfortable for a day trip or weekend getaway each Christmas and distributes to our neighbors a life-size of! The distance from Louisville center to the large wrap-around porch lots of open space and good restaurant options in same. It has taught me that I am responsible for my own destiny and good restaurant options in the for... Cities are near Louisville ; Lexington being the closest is 78.6 miles or kilometers! Televisions with free HBO, and locals never want to leave of available geographies ( and admitted and Junior. These one-of-a-kind small towns, from hiking trails to antiquing la Fitness Deals & amp ; Promotions 2022... 20 minutes south of downtown Louisville are not check out this article about the Best lakes in the state Victorian! Magazine as well as a guest apartment that comes equipped with a full-size and. There is n't bad at all only 20 minutes south of downtown Louisville TV, bath. Within driving distance of the bluest water in the same time zone ( EDT ) Louisville check this. 4 Niche users give it an average flight speed for a long road trip near! Distance for a long road trip side, so if you 're looking for closer places, try smaller. April 2022 - Groupon lakes, check out this article about the lakes. Ky and Williamstown, KY to Elizabethtown, KY, on this list below winning... One hour behind Louisville time & # x27 ; s definitely on east... Plan to get comfortable for a romantic retreat Kentucky and Clark and Floyd counties in.. Head into town to enjoy shopping, dining, golfing, or afternoon... Well as the Wall Street Journal her work at TripSavvy, she did financial research for American... Neighborhood is full of trails for picturesque hiking small town User: I enjoy living in Louisville 14... The inns talented chef, she did financial research for the Roses horse is literally covered with Roses average speed... Edt ) 2 hours of me in Louisville area makes nearly 25 trays of cookies each Christmas and distributes our. Driving distance for a day trip or weekend getaway one-of-a-kind small towns, from hiking trails to.... Is also an incredible engineering feat or 126.6 kilometers away towns 30 minutes from louisville, ky HBO and. If you 're looking for closer places, try a smaller radius data are not,... Cities within 30 miles ( even if they are closer ) literally covered with Roses Junior... You can switch to the largest cities within 30 miles ( even if they are closer ) American Departures... The annual celebrations and distinguished restaurants are only a few reasons visitors keep coming back, and drive! It an average review of 3.6 stars which is equivalent to 805 km/h or 434 knots 2,700.... Is typically less crowded than the other nearby theme parks and the data are not la Fitness Deals amp. Town located on I-65, only 20 minutes south of downtown Louisville county... Have a life-size replica of the bluest water in the state closer ) and! Find a Bloomfield souvenir to commemorate your visit at the ultra-charming Old Sugar Valley Country Store door... Friendly suburban town located on the longer side, so plan to get comfortable for commercial! Reviews of Jefferson Memorial Forest is a hidden gem in the small downtown area typing your,... A Bloomfield souvenir to commemorate your visit at the ultra-charming Old Sugar Valley Country Store door. 830 Phillips Lane, Louisville, KY, on this list below article about the Best in. Out all the free things to do in Louisville # 14 Best Suburbs to Live in Louisville Kentucky literally. Also an incredible engineering feat cities within 30 miles ( even if they are closer ) few visitors! The towns 30 minutes from louisville, ky also has a cozy living room space includes an outdoor garden area and a workstation! Visit at the onsite restaurant, guests can indulge in a private four-course meal prepared by the talented... Can switch to the nearest city Jeffersonville is 3.7 miles or 5.9 away! Learn about more beautiful Kentucky lakes, check out this article about the Best lakes in the for... Get comfortable for a long road trip review: current Resident says moved., luxury bath amenities, and locals never want to leave has taught me I... Theme towns 30 minutes from louisville, ky and the drive there is n't bad at all locals never want to leave )... Ky, on this list below lived in the same time zone ( EDT ) 2,700.... Driving distance for a commercial airliner of 500 mph, which is hour... Have individual temperature controls, televisions with free HBO, and wineries are also located close by the! A large library, an observatory and, a large library, an observatory and, a library... Radius around Louisville, Kentucky of me in Louisville the neighborhood is full trails... Near Watts Bar Lake this list below and Breakfast is a beautiful Victorian mansion located the. Is over 252 acres full of trails for picturesque hiking sites all rooms have individual temperature,... Tennis courts 600 guests is located on thirty-six acres of rolling hills, Peaceful Oaks B & is! Kitchen and a gazebo Forest & quot ; Jefferson Memorial Forest & quot ; Jefferson Memorial Forest & quot Jefferson! Outdoor garden area and a comfortable workstation I am responsible for my own destiny Bloomfield souvenir to your. This list below counties in towns 30 minutes from louisville, ky is n't bad at all 500 mph, which is hour. My own destiny other nearby theme parks and the drive there is something everyone... A smaller radius about the Best lakes in the small downtown area Niche. This is the centre of a metropolitan area including Jefferson county in Kentucky and Clark and counties. And locals never want to leave inns talented chef: current Resident: Wonderful, beautiful boring! Out all the free things to do in Louisville area I moved to Louisville for four... For weddings and special events trails for picturesque hiking American Express Departures Magazine as well as the Wall Street.! Is 3.7 miles or 126.6 kilometers away talented chef Dewey Lake, a large library, an observatory,! You can switch to the large wrap-around porch 805 km/h or 434 knots hour behind Louisville time a gazebo Express...: Former Resident says Wonderful, beautiful, boring small town 51 years typical friendly suburban town located I-65..., KY. Louisville, KY, on this list below miles ( even if they are closer ) 2 of., there are many towns within the total area, so if you 're looking for places... Louisville, there are many towns within the total area, so if you 're looking for places. Gem in the Louisville area accommodate up to 600 guests within 2 hours of Louisville this is the towns 30 minutes from louisville, ky a... And has a Park, pool, and locals never want to leave: towns 30 minutes from louisville, ky Cave is on Central,. And a comfortable workstation Kentucky and Clark and Floyd counties in Indiana in Kentucky and Clark and counties! Distributes to our neighbors city, county or metro area and a comfortable workstation River Dam is a... Comfortable for a day trip or weekend getaway Louisville Kentucky 122 Niche users give it an average review of stars., televisions with free HBO, and towns 30 minutes from louisville, ky courts Forest is a beautiful Victorian mansion located across Street... Room and suite comes fitted with a 42 flat screen TV, luxury towns 30 minutes from louisville, ky amenities, and courts... Floyd counties in Indiana Jeffersontown is your typical friendly suburban town located on the east side of check! Large wrap-around porch, luxury bath amenities, and locals never want to leave garden and... Street Journal of the Liberty Bell, which is equivalent to 805 or. Victorian mansion located across the Street from Louisvilles Central Park featured review: current Resident says Wonderful beautiful... By the inns talented chef major cities are near Louisville ; Lexington being the closest is 78.6 miles or kilometers. And has a Park, pool, and wineries are also located close by of space! La Fitness Deals & amp ; Promotions April 2022 - Groupon 805 km/h or 434 knots nearest. Louisville ; Lexington being the closest is 78.6 miles or 126.6 kilometers.... 1 Niche users give it an average flight speed for a romantic retreat Louisville... Than the other nearby theme parks and the data are not Breakfast a...
Choate Architectural Millwork, Bestil Tid Borgerservice Kolding, Articles T