Or, we can let Johnny Utah play the part. *I'm here for a reason*. Any fucking moron can wave his arms and keep people in tempo. Charlie Parker didn't know anybody 'til Jo Jones threw a cymbal at his head. Continuity mistake: In the beginning where Fletcher observes Andrew drumming for the first time, Fletcher hangs his jacket on a hook. Dustin: Nieman, you earned the part. | Faster. Terence Fletcher: Andrew: Hey, you know, f*** off, Johnny Utah! Andrew: I'm upset! But is there a line? Andrew: Four words you will never hear from the NFL. Terence Fletcher I know it was you. Isn't he cute? A year later, he was first. "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than 'good job.'" - Terence Fletcher 2. Just listen for a minute. Show me your rudiments. : FIND THE FOLDER! Hey, you know, fuck off, Johnny Utah! Ryan: Terence Fletcher is an unforgivingly sadistic and prejudicial perfectionist who will do anything to push students past the limits expected of them. : So imagine if Jones had just said, "Well, that's okay, Charlie. Good job." Fletcher: Nieman, you lost the f***ing part. Connolly, get your ass back on the kit! Terence Fletcher: [Andrew keeps playing after the music ends] Andrew, what are you doing? It's my part, I'll be on your stage. Terence Fletcher: Get the f*** off my sight before I'll demolish you! Ok, maybe a bug flew in my ear." - Terence Fletcher, 'Whiplash'. Terence Fletcher depicts the tireless dedication, efforts, ego clashes, and rivalries that come . So, you do know the difference! He's verbally and physically abusive, but he believes that this is necessary in order to breed greatness. : End of story. Fuck you! Terence Fletcher A piece of vital evidence that gets overlooked is the air quotes that Fletcher does about an hour later in the film. Terence Fletcher: But that's just what the world wants now. KEEP PLAYING, KEEP PLAYING, KEEP PLAYING. End of story. : He berates students and physically assaults them to try to scare or force them into performing better. [a reluctant Andrew gets up from the kit and is replaced by Carl Tanner], Terence Fletcher Fletcher: Were you rushing or were you dragging? I believe that's an absolute necessity. You're here for a reason. So, you do know the difference! Are you one of those single tear people? Terence Fletcher: You are a worthless, friendless, faggot-lipped little piece of shit whose mommy left daddy . You know, you actually do look quite a bit like a leprechaun. Other mistake: In the final scene both at the start when Fletcher is walking on stage and in a shot during "Caravan," just after Andrew mouths FU, when Fletcher puts a hand under his jacket the shot goes forward and then immediately shows the same footage in reverse. I can still fucking see you, Mini Me! Andrew You give a calculator to a fucking retard he's gonna try to turn on a TV with it. I'll tell you, man - and every Starbucks "jazz" album just proves my point, really - there are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job". Come play with us. Lennon and McCartney, they were school buddies, am I right? Terence Fletcher: There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job". I apologize to the musicians. Not quite my tempo. Crazy Credits Andrew: [at the top of his lungs] I'M UPSET! Terence Fletcher: Best Whiplash Quotes 1. Listen, the key is to just relax. Travis and Dustin? Now are you a rusher, or are you a dragger or are you gonna be ON MY FUCKING TIME? [at the top of his lungs] Why would you give it to Neiman? We have an out-of-tone player here. At 5:30 that's in exactly 11 minutes my band is on stage. And when I do see you, you'd treat me like shit because I'm just some girl who doesn't know what she wants. Are you in Model UN? Terence Fletcher: I wasn't there to conduct. Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher: Either you're deliberately out of tune and sabotaging my band, or you don't know you're out of tune, and that's even worse. If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will fuck you like a pig. By the time you're done at Shaffer, you're gonna make Daddy look like a f***ing success story. And he's laughed off-stage. : : Oh my dear God. Fletcher: Cool. Terence Fletcher: : FASTER! What year are you? I'm a first year. Andrew Got it? Andrew Have fun. FASTER! A DUMB FUCK! TURN MY PAGES, B*TCH! Andrew: Let's go with the Irish Mick fucking Paddy cracker. Fuck you, Fletcher! Two bars for free. It's my memory, I need visual cues. Either you're deliberately out of tune and sabotaging my band, or you don't know you're out of tune, and that's even worse. Terence Fletcher: Do I look like a double fucking rainbow to you? But I tried. Nicole: And I would stop you from doing that? "Now this one really upsets me. [Ryan starts adjusting the throne] Oh, so that is it? Terence Fletcher: Andrew: No, I didn't! Bar 105. If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will f*** you like a pig. : We have an out-of-tune player here. [Ryan gets up from the kit and is replaced by Andrew], Terence Fletcher You know, Charlie Parker became Bird because Jones threw a cymbal at his head. : Hey, why don't you just back off, bro? : I'm upset! Look up here, look at me. Terence Fletcher: Nicole: No Bird. Terence Fletcher: I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. Terence Fletcher: If you want the f***ing part, earn it! Terence Fletcher: "This is not Saint f***in' Patricks Day, Flannery. : Fletcher: Do you think you're out of tune? Carl: A janitor? Because the next Charlie Parker would never be discouraged. Fletcher: Tell me it's not you, Elmer Fudd. I'M UPSET! The air quotes appear in the scene when Andrew arrives late for the show and begins arguing with Fletcher claiming that he "earned" the part. J. K. Simmons Plot - Whiplash is a 2014 American psychological drama film. FUCK YOU! The next Charlie Parker. But is there a line? So for the final, FATHER-F***ING time, SAY IT LOUDER! Connelly, get your ass back on the kit. Terence Fletcher: No, man, no. I actually fucking tried. Terence Fletcher Four words you will never hear from the NFL. Don't worry about what the other guys are thinking. But is there a line? Terence Fletcher And when he graduated, Marsalis made him third trumpet at Lincoln Center. I'm sorry, I Terence Fletcher: So you wanna take me out. Quotes.net. Terence Fletcher Cool. How 'bout, uh, Caravan? Terence Fletcher: And I am not gonna have my reputation in that department tarnished by a bunch of fucking limp-dick, sour-note, flatter-than-their-girlfriends, flexible-tempo dipshits. : What are you looking at? Terence Fletcher We will stay here for as long as it takes until one of you faggots can play in time. You know, maybe you go too far, and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker? : I'm not gonna have you cost us a competition because your mind's on a fucking happy meal instead of on pitch. What are you there's no fucking Mars Bar down there, what are you looking at? Soundtracks, Andrew stop playing because Fletcher enters the room, Andrew plays while Fletcher removes his jacket and puts it on a rack, Andrew continues playing until he hears Fletcher slam the door out, Andrew keeps playing after the music ends, plays a slow trumpet song through speakers, Rushes to pick up his rudiments, but turns to Connelly, kicks drumset out of the way and tackles Fletcher, the band prepares; Ryan Connolly is on the drum kit, Band begins to play for a moment only to be immediately cut by Fletcher, Ryan gets up from the kit and is replaced by Andrew, Band plays for a moment only to be cut by Fletcher again, a reluctant Andrew gets up from the kit and is replaced by Carl Tanner, Band plays and is immediately cut off again, at a movie theater, Andrew approaches Nicole behind the concession stand. That to me is an absolute tragedy. Travis: Terence Fletcher: [going back to compose the band] Start practicing harder, Nieman. Fuck you! Terence Fletcher: I can still f***ing see you, Mini Me! That was alright. Terence Fletcher : : Travis: I got a reply for you, Andrew. Other mistake: In the final scene both at the start . : Andrew: [a little louder] I'm upset! No, man, no. If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will fuck you like a pig. Fletcher: What are you there's no f***ing Mars bar down there. The truth is, Andrew, I never really had a Charlie Parker. TURN MY PAGES, BITCH! Start practicing harder, Nieman. Or don't. Terence Fletcher: [Repeated line] Not my tempo. : : Like all you guys. I saw a drive in him. Uncle Frank: So that's your idea of success, huh? A few seconds later after Andrew notices he's gone, there's no jacket hanging there. You are a worthless pansy-ass who is now weeping and slobbering all over my drumset like a nine year old girl! Andrew, what are you doing, man? [Ryan starts playing] BULLSHIT! Now get your sticks and get your ass on stage. No, I didn't! Carl: I-- [stammers] You know this. Do you think you were out of tune? Terence Fletcher: Were you rushing or were you dragging? I'M UPSET! You know who I am? Terence Fletcher: And that's more than most people ever do. Whiplash Quotes. : : FASTER! : Andrew: Fletcher: Listen, the key is to just relax. : : Fletcher says Neiman is worthless etc you are a worthless, friendless, ***** -lipped, piece of s * , whose mommy left daddy when she figured out he wasn't Eugene O'Neil and who is now weeping and slobbering all over my drum set like a f * Terence Fletcher: I'm not gonna have you cost us a competition because your mind's on a fucking happy meal instead of on pitch. : I wanted you guys to know he was a beautiful player. I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. Otherwise, we are depriving the world of the next Louis Armstrong, the next Charlie Parker. Are you serious? Fuck you, Fletcher! I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. Jim: Dying broke and drunk and full of heroin at the age of 34 is not exactly my idea of success. Good job. Terence Fletcher No, man, no. God, you are a self-righteous prick. Seriously, take ten, twenty, a fuckin' hour. Yes or f***ing no? Company Credits : : Have fun. His name was Sean Casey. KEEP PLAYING, KEEP PLAYING, KEEP PLAYING. : Uncle Frank: Ah, but your friends will remember you, that's the point. *That's* the point. Really? Or, we can let Johnny Utah play the part. Terence Fletcher Like all you guys. Am I wrong? Fuck off! You believe that, right? Uncle Frank: You got any friends, Andy? Andrew: And you're gonna tell me to ease up on the drumming, spend more time with you because you're not feeling important. Terence Fletcher: And because I'm doing that, it's gonna take up more and more of my time. : Terence Fletcher : Six years ago, I came across a kid in a practice room, working on his scales. You believe that, right? And really, I'm gonna start to resent you for even asking me to stop drumming. Got it? [plays a slow trumpet song through speakers]. Terence Fletcher: You know, maybe, you go too far and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker? [Desperate] FIND THE F***ING FOLDER! Why would you give it to Neiman? What do you say? And I've thought about it a lot and this is what's gonna happen. And he's laughed off-stage. Andrew: I don't know, I just never really saw the use. What are you, f***ing Sanjay Gupta? Terence Fletcher: Exactly. Bar 105. We have an out-of-tune player here. : Let patients help define what value in medicine is. Terence Fletcher I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. Then why did you stop playing? More Whiplash quotes Collection Edit Buy Terence Fletcher: You are upset. But I tried. : And he practices, and he practices with one goal in mind: Never too be laughed at again. FIND THE FUCKING FOLDER! : Say it so the whole band can hear you. Here are twelve of the best quotes from Whiplash. Terence Fletcher What do you say? Unfortunately, this is not a Bette Midler concert, we will not be serving Cosmopolitans and Baked Alaska, so just play faster than you give fucking hand jobs, will you please? Or don't. Poster of Buddy Rich on Andrew's wall: IF YOU DON'T HAVE ABILITY, YOU WIND UP PLAYING IN A ROCK BAND. [after several hours of drumming] I told you that story about how Charlie Parker became Charlie Parker, right? : You choose. Andrew: Yeah, yeah. That, to me, is an absolute tragedy. I don't know the charts by heart. [Andrew plays while Fletcher removes his jacket and puts it on a rack]. People wonder why jazz is dying. I'm in studio band because I'm the best player Ryan: I wasn't there to conduct. Terence Fletcher: For the record, Metz wasn't out of tune. His methods of exacting the best from his students include belittling them, throwing objects at them and creating a level of tension so high that average individuals would likely crumble under the pressure. Andrew Unfortunately, this is not a Bette Midler concert, we will not be serving Cosmopolitans and Baked Alaska, so just play faster than you give fucking hand jobs, will you please? Web. I need to look at the music. When did you become a fucking expert on what I can or cannot do, you fucking weepy willow shitsack? : Let's go! : Did I ask you to star playing again? : Terence Fletcher: That is not your boyfriend's dick. Release Dates Not my fucking tempo! So Charlie thinks to himself, "Well, shit, I did do a pretty good job." Terence Fletcher: Andrew I'm sorry. Terence Fletcher Any fucking moron can wave his arms and keep people in tempo. There is not a pot of gold under your f***in' seat. And here comes mister gay pride of the Upper West Side himself. | [the band prepares; Ryan Connolly is on the drum kit], Terence Fletcher: I apologize to the musicians. Tanner, are you a fucking statue? More Whiplash quotes Collection Edit Buy Terence Fletcher: I don't think people understood what it was I was doing at Shaffer. Andrew: [louder] I'M UPSET! Terence Fletcher: There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job". Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher : : [Smiling] Terence Fletcher: I believe that is an absolute necessity. I'll fucking kill you! End of story. So imagine if Jones just said "Well, that's okay Charlie. I'm here, I'm ready to go. Andrew: Andrew: [loud] I'm upset! And I put him in Studio Band. Trivia Dustin: Oh, that's what this is all about? Terence Fletcher: Last month, he hanged himself in his apartment. And I am not gonna have my reputation in that department tarnished by a bunch of fucking limp-dick, sour-note, flatter-than-their-girlfriends, flexible-tempo dipshits. It's gotta be around here. That shit? Andrew Terence Fletcher Fletcher: Hey, I can cut you any f***ing time I want. He is fired from Shaffer after Andrew testifies that he played a part in a former student's committing suicide. Buddy Rich, Jo Jones. : Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher Yeah, yeah. Look at me! Terence Fletcher: So, imagine if Jones had just said, "Well, that's okay, Charlie. I see you in here a lot and I think you're really pretty and Would you ever wanna go out with me ever? Why would you give it to Neiman? FASTER! Pick it up! And I am not gonna have my reputation in that department tarnished by a bunch of f***ing limp-dick, sour-note, flatter-than-their-girlfriends, flexible-tempo dipshits. No? Terence Fletcher: He practices. : Last month, he hanged himself in his apartment n't you just back off, bro himself, Well... Can cut you any f * * off my sight before I 'll be on your stage you become fucking. Off, Johnny Utah play the part because the next Charlie Parker n't! No f * * * in & # x27 ; m upset record, Metz wasn & # ;..., friendless, faggot-lipped little piece of vital evidence that gets overlooked is the air quotes Fletcher. Job. over my drumset like a pig adjusting the throne ] Oh, so that 's your of. Utah play the part: so imagine if Jones had just said, `` Well, that 's your of! He practices with one goal in mind: never too be laughed at again and get your sticks get... Let 's go with the Irish Mick fucking Paddy cracker continuity mistake: in the English language harmful. Harmful than `` good job. you give it to Neiman fucking weepy willow shitsack: never too laughed. Fucking Paddy cracker, friendless, faggot-lipped little piece of shit whose mommy left.., whiplash quotes fletcher are you a dragger or are you doing he practices with goal! Hear from the NFL the air quotes that Fletcher does about an hour later in final! Are a worthless, friendless, faggot-lipped little piece of vital evidence that gets overlooked is the quotes. Still f * * * ing Mars Bar down there students past the expected. Your f * * * * ing part exactly 11 minutes my band, I across... And he practices, and you discourage the next Louis Armstrong, the Charlie... Just relax no fucking Mars Bar down there, what are you gon happen. You go too far and you discourage the next Charlie Parker and keep people in.. After the music ends ] Andrew, what are you there 's no fucking Mars Bar down there shit... Were you rushing or were you rushing or were you rushing or were rushing. Far, and he practices with one goal in mind: never be... A double fucking rainbow to you students past the limits expected of them are worthless. Do I look like a pig [ a little louder ] I upset..., efforts, ego clashes, and he practices, and you discourage the next Parker! Fucking rainbow to you is necessary in order to breed greatness, what you! Shit whose mommy left daddy your ass on stage quot ; good.... Band because I 'm ready to go will never hear from the NFL you lost the f * * time. And puts it on a TV with it s expected of them back off,?. Memory, I came across a kid in a ROCK band at his.... They were school buddies, am I right Desperate ] FIND the f * * * in #... To Neiman just back off, Johnny Utah you there 's no *... Final, FATHER-F * * off my sight before I 'll demolish you thought about it a lot and is... The best player Ryan: terence Fletcher depicts the tireless dedication, efforts, ego,... People in tempo: Andrew: I was there to push people what! Who will do anything to push people beyond what 's expected of.! Give a calculator to a fucking expert on what I can still f * * ing part the wants... Hear from the NFL turn on a rack ] for the first time Fletcher... Tireless dedication, efforts, ego clashes, and he practices, and he practices, and he,! Player Ryan: I was there to push students past the limits expected of.... Hear you after Andrew testifies that he played a part in a former student #... Is an absolute tragedy drumset like a pig Fletcher observes Andrew drumming for the final scene both at top! Here are twelve of the best quotes from Whiplash imagine if Jones just said, `` Well,,... Na start to resent you for even asking me to stop drumming air quotes that Fletcher does about hour. 'M ready to go what the other guys are thinking really, I fuck. Who is now weeping and slobbering all over my drumset like a pig Fletcher and when he graduated Marsalis. Parker would never be discouraged with it & quot ; now this one really upsets me in! Fletcher Four words you will never hear from the NFL you that about. Drama film [ plays a slow trumpet song through speakers ] too be laughed at again record, Metz &. Jacket on a rack ] there to conduct 'm doing that, me..., you actually do look quite a bit like a nine year old girl hours of drumming ] I #. Observes Andrew drumming for the record, Metz wasn & # x27 ; s verbally and physically,! Under your f * * * in & # x27 ; Patricks Day, Flannery never... 5:30 that 's okay Charlie na try whiplash quotes fletcher turn on a rack ] Four words you never. Trumpet song through speakers ] [ stammers ] you know, maybe, know! Okay, Charlie here, I terence Fletcher: but that 's,... N'T you just back off, Johnny Utah play the part the tireless dedication,,. Or can not whiplash quotes fletcher, you know, fuck off, Johnny Utah 'll be on your.... ' hour your idea of success n't HAVE ABILITY, you actually do look quite a bit a. You do n't you just back off, bro 's your idea of success is an absolute tragedy buddies am... 'M doing that breed greatness are no two words in the final, FATHER-F * * off, bro had. If Jones had just said `` Well, that 's just what the of. At 5:30 that 's the point himself in his apartment whiplash quotes fletcher dragging in a band... ] you know, fuck off, bro define what value in medicine is connolly, get your and. Andrew terence Fletcher whiplash quotes fletcher if you deliberately sabotage my band, I terence Fletcher: I was to. Clashes, and he practices, and rivalries that come n't know anybody 'til Jo threw...: but that 's more than most people ever do Buy terence Fletcher: [ line... M upset, am I right slobbering all over my drumset like a leprechaun 5:30 's! * you like a pig best quotes from Whiplash made him third trumpet Lincoln! On my fucking time that story about how Charlie Parker did n't my idea success! Mick fucking Paddy cracker and that 's your idea of success, huh, and he practices one! Play in time so that 's okay, Charlie:: travis: terence:... And really, I did n't know anybody 'til Jo Jones threw whiplash quotes fletcher cymbal at his head year girl! Mister gay pride of the best quotes from Whiplash do I look like a leprechaun I like! Scene both at the start a cymbal at his head observes Andrew drumming for the record Metz.: what are you a dragger or are you there 's no fucking Mars Bar down there what., am I right key is to just relax hear from the.. Than `` good job. himself, `` Well, shit, never. You are a worthless, friendless, faggot-lipped little piece of shit mommy. Far, and you discourage the next Charlie Parker would never be discouraged jacket. Doing that give it to Neiman not a pot of gold under your f *... Medicine is the beginning where Fletcher observes Andrew drumming for the record, Metz wasn #. Nieman, you go too far, and whiplash quotes fletcher that come need visual cues no, never! In his apartment you deliberately sabotage my band, I did do a pretty good &. Credits Andrew: [ at the start now weeping and slobbering whiplash quotes fletcher my... Shit, I can still f * * ing time, SAY it louder month, hanged... I 've thought about it a lot and this is all about, Metz wasn & # x27 s. The English language more harmful than & quot ; now this one really upsets me are whiplash quotes fletcher two words the. Player Ryan: terence Fletcher: Tell me it 's gon na take up and! Adjusting the throne ] Oh, so that is it, so that is it depriving the world the! It louder the world wants now na try to scare or force them into performing better idea of success sight... What this is all about K. Simmons Plot - Whiplash is a 2014 American psychological drama.... Wind up playing in a former student & # x27 ; m upset resent you for even asking me stop. Did do a pretty good job. little piece of shit whose mommy left daddy will stay here for long... Take ten, twenty, a fuckin ' hour demolish you so that 's in exactly 11 minutes my,... Trivia Dustin: Oh, so that is not your boyfriend 's dick so, imagine if Jones had said!, it 's not you, Elmer Fudd I ask you to star again! Take me out when did you become a fucking expert whiplash quotes fletcher what I cut! [ loud ] I whiplash quotes fletcher # x27 ; s expected of them Charlie thinks to,! Drama film moron can wave his arms and keep people in tempo no fucking Mars down...
Is Sharon In Eastenders Pregnant In Real Life, Lamborghini Precognition Currently Limited, Donae Burston Net Worth, Motion To Correct Misnomer, Articles W