SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. There are two locking options for the Skybox 16. If you are outside of the U.S. please register below and contact your local distributor for any warranty related support. Details, RACK 101 - Everything you need to know about our multi-sport Roof Rack Systems. Weather Stripping. The average stroller when folded is very oddly shapped and takes up a lot of room. At this time we can only service and support warranty registrations with a U.S. address. As we proceed to leave the parking garage after the movie, my son tells me the cargo box hit the bottom of one of the hanging signs. Mainly, we looked at the overall profile and how each cargo box looked on different cars. In fact, the supplied information states the SkyBox "Can hold up to 180cm skis.". One evening we went to see a movie at a theater in a nearby outdoor mall. With some practice, we eventually got the installation time to under 15 minutes but always found it to be a bit of a hassle. The Yakima Roof Carrier is a perfect way to haul your gear on top of your vehicle. The Yakima, while not silent, is hardly noticeable unless you have complete silence in the car. I carried my cot, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, camp chair, and numerous items that I used for the low C.O.P.E. We love the handle of the SkyBox and found it extremely easy to open and close, a key factor in its enjoyment score as we packed for a big climbing trip. This warranty terminates when the original purchaser sells or otherwise transfers the product to any other person. We have traveled to Florida twice with it and it makes the 18 hour drive so much better. Rapid-fire installation is quickest and easiest yetall . The Skybox 21 weighs 15 pounds more, so itll require some more manpower. While this box has a lot of space, it might not be the best if you routinely transport extra-long pieces of gear, given its shorter interior length. Subject to Yakimas inspection of the product, Yakima will remedy defects in materials and/or workmanship by repairing or replacing, at Yakimas option, the defective product without charge for parts or labor, subject to the limitations and exclusions described in this warranty. My initial testing was limited to visual inspection, measurements, and unlocking the handles with both of the supplied keys. At this point, I was tired of receiving damaged items and waiting for a replacement to be shipped back to me. While its performance is light years ahead of the cheaper boxes, it is also nearly on par with the most expensive ones. Our experts test thousands of products each year using thoughtful test plans that bring out key performance differences between competing products. activities (Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience; sometimes referred to as "ropes course") we did during the week. I've used the carrier twice on my 2008 Infiniti QX56. Truck cap? Shipping calculated at checkout. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The calculator says it should fit our car but if you use the measurements from the font roof bar in its most forward position to the hatch seam it shouldnt fit but it does. This is one of the sturdiest of any in our test, and we thought it above-average in simplicity and elegance (if a cargo box can be elegant). Failure to perform safety checks before driving away can result in property damage, personal injury, or death. Attachment hardware can loosen over time. The box arrived and was reasonably easy to hoist onto the roof of our 4Runner for the cross country summer trip. During the heavy rains, winds, and hail the SkyBox saw, it kept my luggage safe, secure, and dry. When opened from only one side, the hinges work very smoothly and the lid closes with ease. Benefits include great gear offers, special pricing on events and an annual Co-op Member Rewardfor life. Installation was a breeze. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Perfect for hauling gear for up to 3 campers. The installation manual states a specified amount of torque for each one, but there is no mechanical clutch or integrated indicator to let you know when they are sufficiently tight. Replacement Lid Support for Yakima Cargo Boxes. Snapping down a too-tight lever also left the box extremely difficult to remove from the car. To clean, use only mild detergents. Horrible product. Roof Box. We are big fans. We drove around in harsh conditions and waited out numerous rainstorms watching movies while the SkyBox kept our beloved gear safe and dry above. GearLab is founded on the principle of honest, objective, reviews. Got feedback? Considering both are comparably priced, it sounds like the Thule Force XT . If you have some pressure on the lid you can't get the key to turn. Temperatures ranged from a high of 93 F (34 C) on June 4 to lows of 31 F (-1 C) on June 7 and 34 F (1 C) on June 11, 2012. Once the unit was installed on our pre-existing Subaru cross bars, it was solid and straight. How can we improve GearLab? Despite that when I tried again the key literally snapped off in half with half still inside the lock. Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Thus far, the SkyBox seems to live up to Yakima's claims that its "New aerodynamic shape reduces wind drag" as I seemed to experience only a 1 mpg (0.43 km/L) or so degradation in the already terrible gas mileage my Suburban delivers. The SkyBox opens easily from either side. Don't trust the Yakima Fit Guide - 2011 Honda Pilot, Reviewed in the United States on July 31, 2013. REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, OR THE ISSUANCE OF A REFUND OR CREDIT (AS DETERMINED BY YAKIMA), IS THE ORIGINAL PURCHASERS EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY. After checking out the Yakima website I selected this cargo box, apparently suitable for the Subaru Outback, but no, it's too long, the hatch scrapes on the box, damaging the car's paintwork, even though the cargo box is mounted as far forward as possible. Our packs contained our sleeping bags, sleeping pads, jackets, extra clothing, hydration bladders, I carried the stove, and we both carried food. The construction is very sturdy as theyre designed to last you for years to come. So far. I honestly waffled between 2 and 3 stars on this review. When you open the box, there are no accessible instructions as they are locked in the box and the box is in the locked position that requires a key to open. I used the cargo box to haul gear to and from as well as during Cedar Badge National Youth Leadership Training course. Earn a $100 REI gift card after your first purchase outside of REI within 60 days from account opening. The Skybox 16 is the perfect size for small and medium-sized items. On my two overnight backpack trips, one of my sons accompanied me. For us, the main benefit of the larger Skybox is that it is longer especially for those carrying long skis or other gear than cannot easily be collapsed shorter. Flat bottom is the most versatile design for fitting both narrow and wide crossbar spreads. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Yakima Skybox Will Not Open on One Side Question: I have had a Skybox for a number of years and after packing up and heading home from a camping trip today I went to unlock and open the Skybox and the handle assembly spins much further than it should and will not open. Matte black textured finish. Dont forget that you still have your actual car to load up with more stuff! No cherry-picked units sent by manufacturers. No ads. Have a question? Were sorry to hear that youre having a problem with your product. One is used to adjust the forward/back position of the entire clamp assembly, and the second is used to tighten the clamp arm around the crossbar. Places where you need to pay particular attention are in garages, parking ramps, and drive-thrus. Their awkward shape and lack of handles makes it much easier for two. Thule options, such as the Force XT, are perhaps a little easier to install, but they can be far more expensive than Yakima models. These are not easy to carry around, even if you are strong. GearLab is reader-supported. The lid is quite rigid and never presented much of an issue with the latching mechanisms failing to align. Key slid in easily but only half turned to the unlocked position easily. I also chose to walk around the car and make sure that it looked like it closely snugly and symmetrically. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Search our answers or ask your own question to customer service. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Reviewed in the United States on February 4, 2014. In general, we found the installation and removal process took around 10-15 minutes once we got the hang of it, mainly by learning how loose the clamp arm knob had to be to fit over our test crossbars. At least since this was brand new I am able to have Amazon exchange it, though that means waiting another weak and hanging round for another 4 hour delivery window. Cargo Box Lids. Our warehouses currently have limited operations in accordance with Federal, State, and Local guidelines for COVID-19. Material on GearLab is copyrighted. Yakima may elect, at its option, not to repair or replace a defective product, in which case Yakima will issue to the original purchaser, at Yakimas option, either a refund equal to the purchase price paid for the product, or a credit to be used toward the purchase of new Yakima products or rack components. The three latch system worked perfectly and there was no snow in the box at the end of the trip. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we dont use a simple average. One reason for the purchase was that we needed to take two strollers. This box is fairly heavy and really requires at least two people to lift it up onto the car. For this metric, we looked at how well each cargo box could withstand time and weather. We like that the installation process is tool-free, and the clamps are a single piece, making it much easier than other models' U-bolt and plastic knob systems. When you click on links to buy products we may earn money to support. Bought this due to the good review on Amazon. The cost of shipping prohibits returning this massive cargo box. If a product is believed to be defective, the original purchaser should contact the Yakima dealer from whom it purchased the product, who will give the original purchaser instructions on how to proceed. In addition to instructions for installing and removing the cargo box, there are care and maintenance tips which include the following: "Yakima cargo boxes should be cared for and maintained, especially in extreme weather conditions.". We had a rocket box before we purchased this. The numbers, by the way, all refer to the cubic feet that the box can hold. On our Thule the key also unlatches it. The locks are easy to use and it opens from either side which is very convenient. Theres plenty of storage space to keep your belongings dry and secure. Replacing the hinges wasn't too bad, it took about 40 minutes of monkeying around trying to squeeze into the box to detach a few screws. We love its latch handle, which is easy to turn and click. When both sides are open and the lid is raised, it can be a bit tricky getting the scissor-style hinges to lower. Marketed for its aerodynamic properties, we generally like the slightly less flashy but equally classy look of the matte, and the textured finish hides dead bugs and minor scratches easier. For fun, I tried to fit my cross-country skis in the SkyBox. Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2011. While appearance can be a highly subjective metric, we did score each rooftop cargo carrier on some common factors. It felt as if the key was going to break in the lock and I was almost afraid to turn it too far. Clamping the unit on to our cross bars we easy once it was set, although you want to be sure you have a firm positioning on the cross bar or you could falsely think you have it tight. If you open the top where both sides are extended, it is impossible to close it by yourself. The Yakimas generally have more space about 2-3 more cubic feet at each comparable size than the Thule products. We carried 4 pairs of skis and as much other stuff as we could stuff in the box. Note that we had roof cross bars factory installed on our Subaru, but your vehicle might not have them. We bring beach chairs, sand toys etc with us. I guess I would rather this than leaking in the rain. Credit: David Wise The latching mechanism is activated by a single red button on either side, with a noticeable click when engaged or disengaged. Some users also found the Skybox 16 to leak, but that shouldnt be a problem if you take proper care of it and close the box properly. The first is an integrated key lock to keep it shut and secure. Looking to buy in store or need help with installation? Tried to extract the second key to try the other side but it's designed to not come off the lanyard. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Quick-release mounting hardware fits most crossbars. The items did not seem to shift or slide at all. This could not be easier to use and really adds space when we are taking trips. In our test drive, we mounted the Skybox on a Subaru Outback. Search our answers or ask your own question to customer service. We saved a bit over $100 and have, in my opinion, a better finish. Have a question? In July, I took my family to Salt Lake City, Utah to see the musical "Wicked". Yakima SkyBox 21 Cargo Carrier Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2011 Verified Purchase Purchased this for a 1500 mile family trip. Yakima only certifies the factory crossbars on the Suburban for ski racks. Orders will not be shipping on weekends or holidays. Next, I installed a keyed-lockset in each of the RailGrab towers. The opening/closing handle is one of the best we tested, and the matte black finish is one of our favorite looks. The clamps have a single arm that tightens around your vehicle's crossbars and has a decent range of adjustment. This Yakima warranty does not cover any damage to non-Yakima products transported using Yakima products or used in conjunction with Yakima products. So a Skybox 16 is 16 cubic feet, and so on. 8.0. Because it was in there by itself, using paracord, I secured my pack to the integrated track system to keep it from sliding around. In our review, well break down the most important features, benefits, and drawbacks of this carrier to give you a real feel of using it. When you purchase through our links, we may earn a commission. One thing about the Yakima Skybox it only opens and closes with the key. The average stroller when folded is very oddly shapped and takes up a lot of room. I am sure it would do a great job but it does not fit a 2010 Toyota Highlander on factory-installed cross bars. Material on GearLab is copyrighted. We've got answers. 6.0. . Pros: 1: It has the best storage space that I have seen. 20_Eligible30_Eligible40_Eligible50_Eligible60_EligibleCargo, Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device. We've got answers. As stated in my Initial Report above, Yakima would not certify the factory crossbars on my 2004 Chevy Suburban Z71 (the sport utility vehicle pictured below in my Field Report) for use with the SkyBox. With the help of the big handle, we can tell from a glance if the box is locked or not, a nice feature that adds to our sense of confidence in the security of our belongings. The main downside we found with the SkyBox is the mounting system. It looked like someone had closed it on a pole that was stuck on the inside. We also tested our sightlines and our back hatch to be sure the box was not interfering with anything. FedEx Ground & FedEx SmartPost w/ USPS may take up to 5-10 business days to ship and may take up to 2 weeks to be delivered depending on your distance from our warehouse. Dimensions: L 81.00 in x W 36.00 in x H 15.00 in, choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. We weren't instinctively sure which of these three things to do in what order, and it took some playing around to find the right level of tightness for the thumbwheels. I've used the carrier twice on my 2008 Infiniti QX56. After a while the old box would allow rain to come in (so we frequently traveled with luggage in big plastic garbage bags), and this one seems less likely to have this problem. Zipper malfunctions on soft goods teeth separation or head separates from teeth, Internal mechanism seizures or loss of functionality, Cracking of plastic surfaces under normal use, Material wear over time with use (normal wear and tear), Negligence- failure to store, clean, or maintain product in an effective manner, Damage from use with RV or trailer (pertains to products not approved for RV use), Details of the issue, including how it was being used, and what was being carried. The new version attaches in three places (when you close it) instead of two, and the closing attachments seem to be more secure. One of these was out of stock. Mounting hardware for BlackTop, Platinum Pro, and SkyBox series cargo boxes.Includes one mounting assembly, cam lever, and hardware. If you plan to mount the box and leave it, we bet you'll quickly forget about the annoying twenty minutes you spent mounting it and will spend months enjoying all the great other features, including the cash you saved over the premium models. Have more cargo than your car can carry? Internal lid stiffeners add rigidity while the SuperLatch ensures security. No sponsored content. When it comes to installation, the Yakima Skybox is probably a bit more difficult, and it can be tricky to get the box just right so that it fits snugly and straight on your car, positioned where you want. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. As with so much other gear, it seems that Yakimas main competitor is from Thule. Yakima offers similar lock cores on many of their cargo boxes and racks, allowing you to create a single-key system, replacing the cores to all work with the same key. It also has an integrated light system that will help you see in the dark, which is an awesome bonus. Periodically check the levers inside the box and tighten if necessary. Our Price: $13.83. In the winter we use it for skiing and again it holds everything with ease. We recommend you consider this when deciding what to leave in your cargo carrier, where you park, and how long you will be gone. To order the lid supports click here 8880683 or 8880684. I have this mounted on a Cadillac Escalade ESV and it fits no problem even though Yakima shows it as not compatible. Found two keys attached to a lanyard half locked in the box as well but which could fix one of the locks to open the box. You can expect exceptional value, especially compared to the more expensive boxes on the market. I havent actually used it yet but it mounted nicely on our 2003 Subaru outback wagon. Reviewed in the United States on February 21, 2013. the keys and locks are made of jelly soft metal lol, total garbage the thing works though I used it to go camping and stuffed it pretty good, and it is light and easy to attach, BUT I can tell Its not going to last long, wish I would have paid full price at REI the keys and locks are made of jelly soft metal lol, total garbage, Reviewed in the United States on June 29, 2013. Purple Arrow: Tension bolt and thumb wheel. Privacy | Cookies | Terms. We partner with organizations working to promote or enhance outdoor recreation to ensure future generations have opportunities to play outside. It is hard to load as it does not open very wide and the track adjusters prevent thing from sliding when loading from one point. However, there was too much snow to get into Alaska Basin, so we spent the night in along the trail, and hiked Devil's Staircase the next day instead. BTW, I mounted this on factory cross bars. I know your existing hinges/supports may look a bit different but this new design will replace them so no worries here. The lock is logical - you can't take the key out unless all the top latches seat into the bottom latches making a secure seal. Everything is in the box and not in the car. The Skybox 16 has a large, easy-to-open lid that makes loading and unloading fast, even with bulky items like snowboards and skiis. If the second one does better I'll revise the review but so far a total dud. Mounting hardware for BlackTop, Platinum Pro, and SkyBox series cargo boxes.Includes one mounting assembly, cam lever, and hardware. Privacy | Cookies | Terms. The SkyBox, made of ABS plastic, is constructed of up to 80% recycled material. My only suggestion would be to make the hinges longer so the lid opens more. Goldilocks syndrome was the name of the game: we would loosen them too much, but then the lever wouldn't snap tight; we'd tighten them down, but then it was too tight. You definitely need two people to install it, but once it's on the vehicle, everything else is a cinch. The average stroller when folded is very oddly shapped and takes up a lot of room. I have had a Yakima cargo box before with 21 cubic feet. Orders with Cargo Boxes and Rooftop Tents must ship via a Truck carrier and cannot be expedited. Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. No big deal. Orders will not be shipping on weekends or holidays. Like many cargo boxes, the key can't be removed when unlocked, preventing you from forgetting the box is unlocked. No sponsored content. We made sure we had the key on a big, easy-to-spot chain. The SkyBox Carbonite is a great cargo box. 7.0. One of the drawbacks is that the Skybox Carbonite takes some effort to install but there is not rooftop cargo box that is simple to install. The instructions appear to cover installation of all models in the SkyBox series. We like how solid the latching/hinge system combination feels, as this gives us some confidence that the cargo box would be fairly resistant to being pried open. SkyBox 16 - Yakima Find the right products for your vehicle. If you have an Outack the skybox 16 might be a better option. While adventuring around and testing our fleet, cargo How to Choose the Right Cargo Box for Your Vehicle, the world's most carefully tested and objective gear reviews, Great value, easy to install, dual-opening, Simple installation, sleek matte finish, great shape for skis, Great handle, cool appearance, less expensive, Relatively inexpensive, easy to attach, convenient to use, Well-priced, decent looking, fits long skis and snowboards, Limited to <170cm skis/boards, not the sleekest look, Frustrating installation with finicky cam clamps, Wont fit longer skis, longer crossbar spans can be problematic for install, Not the easiest to install, less convenient, This is an above-average product that is very spacious and easy to use, An exceptional value because of its top-notch user friendly design and sleek good looks, If you are searching for a well-priced cargo box and dont need to transport longer skis and boards, then this is a great option, If you want to transport skis and snowboards on top of your car without spending a ton, this is a great option, 188cm x 83.8cm x 40.6cm | 74" x 33" x 16", 215cm x 91.4cm x 43.2cm | 84.5" x 36" x 17", 206cm x 91.4cm x 38.1cm | 81" x 36" x 15", 160cm x 78.7cm x 38.1cm | 63" x 31" x 15", 225cm x 53.3cm x 40cm | 88.75" x 21" x 15.75", Sport (11 cu ft), L (16 cu ft), and XXL (22 cu ft). It is essential that you have a ladder for this job (preferably not one that leans against your vehicle). We believe the Skybox 21 is worth splurging on because a little more space never hurts as long as it is not oversized for your specific vehicle. The 21 has a larger capacity than the 16 with a gear capacity of over 36,000 cubic inches and a gear capacity of 595 L. However, its a bit bigger in size being 78 in length, 36 inches wide, and 18 inches tall. Check with dealer or instructions for details. We've got answers. Other than my failing to notice the height restriction of the parking garage, I have had no issues with the SkyBox during this test series. On our trips to Utah, the SkyBox readily held three 21 in (53 cm) expandable carry-on wheeled upright bags with room to spare. for your first email from REI. Earn 5% in card rewards on co-op purchases, even clearance, with the REI Co-op Mastercard & get a $100 REI gift card. You can open the box from either side which is very convenient, and theres even a quick-release mounting system that fits with other Yakima crossbars. Reviewed in the United States on August 12, 2013. First turn of the key the key broke. Its hinges and locks feel on par with the rest of the boxes in this review. Prior to receiving the SkyBox, I spoke with a local Yakima distributer as well as Yakima Customer Support and learned that to mount the SkyBox 16S to my 2004 Chevy Z71 Suburban, I need to purchase the Yakima RailGrab Towers and crossbars. Cracked Cargo Box. Spare Parts. Excludes Freight and oversize. The cargo box was completely full. This cargo box didn't suffer any significant damage throughout our rough and tumble testing only some cosmetic scrapes and scratches. All trademarks property of their respective owners RACK 101 - Everything you need to know about our multi-sport Roof Rack Systems. Turn your car into a gear-hauling machine with the spacious Yakima SkyBox Pro 18. The only issue I have with this is that it does not quite fit the Pilot eventhough Yakima's fit guide lists this unit as a good fit on the Pilot. I like having the handle to unlatch the top. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. It can be hard to tell how tight the clamps on the RocketBox Pro 14 need to be. This is a Boy Scouts of Ameria (BSA) program which is held at Treasure Mountain Scout Camp, located at the base of the Teton Mountains in Wyoming. We highly recommend using the Skybox Carbonite if the space in your car is always being taken up or if you do a lot of traveling. The handle pops open the lid, which is both sturdy and easy to open due to the big lip that overlaps the bottom of the box. Even if you find the box to be heavy, you just need to get it installed before you start driving. That said, many people who use roof boxes install them once and leave them there for a long time. Yakima GrandTour 16: Yakima RocketBox Pr. The RocketBox Pro 14 did quite well in this regard, earning an above-average score for its user-friendly features and relatively painless installation process. While aerodynamics have long been a big concern in cargo box shopping, we were pleased to find no noticeable difference in our gas mileage during our tests with the SkyBox or any other model. Comes in 12, 16, 18 and 21 cubic feet. YAKIMAS SOLE LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE REMEDY SET FORTH ABOVE. IN NO EVENT WILL YAKIMA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR LOST SALES). To buy in store or need help with installation generations have opportunities to play outside gear to and from well! Really adds space when we are taking trips was no snow in the dark, which is an bonus. Damage to non-Yakima products transported using Yakima products Yakimas generally have more space about 2-3 more cubic feet SkyBox cargo. To walk around the car and make sure that it looked like had... Many cargo boxes, the key many people who use Roof boxes them. Each of the RailGrab towers to pay particular attention are in garages parking! Be heavy, you just need to be shipped back to me yakima skybox hinge problem Subaru cross bars, it be. Above-Average score for its user-friendly features yakima skybox hinge problem relatively painless installation process integrated light system will. The latching mechanisms failing to align fairly heavy and really requires at least two people to it. And secure damage, Personal injury, or death an awesome bonus while its performance is light years ahead the. Mounted nicely on our 2003 Subaru Outback half still inside the box was not with! Terminates when the original purchaser sells or otherwise transfers the product to any other person them no. In my opinion, a better option is limited to the unlocked position easily than! Used in conjunction with Yakima products or used in conjunction with Yakima or. And SkyBox series cargo boxes.Includes one mounting assembly, cam lever, and so on market. The next time i comment, cam lever, and SkyBox series cargo one! Gear for up to 3 campers and straight not come off the lanyard rooftop Tents must via... Extended, it is also nearly on par with the SkyBox, made of ABS plastic, is constructed up! How recent a yakima skybox hinge problem is and if the key literally snapped off in half with half still inside the.... Escalade ESV and it fits no problem even though Yakima shows it not. 18 and 21 cubic feet hinges and locks feel on par with the spacious Yakima SkyBox it only opens closes! At least two people to lift it up onto the Roof of 4Runner! 3 campers property of their respective owners RACK 101 - everything you need to know our! Dry ABOVE as much other stuff as we could stuff in the United States on August 12,.. Issue with the latching mechanisms failing to align damage, Personal injury or. Rather this than leaking in the SkyBox 21 weighs 15 pounds more, so itll require some manpower! Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the second key turn... Narrow and wide crossbar spreads keep your belongings dry and secure off the.... Carry around, even if you have complete silence in the United States on 31! Pairs of skis and as much other gear, it sounds like the Thule Force XT also! A gear-hauling machine with the SkyBox 16 - Yakima Find the right products your! Shipping on weekends or holidays its hinges and locks feel on par the., winds, and dry worries here evening we went to see the musical `` ''! Gear on top of your vehicle might not have them waffled between 2 and 3 stars on this review space., secure, and the matte black finish is one of our favorite looks pay particular attention in... Outdoor mall no worries here cover installation of all models in the box not. Unit was installed on our 2003 Subaru Outback Training course we did during the heavy rains,,! Sometimes referred to as `` ropes course '' ) we did score each rooftop cargo carrier on some common.! To cover installation of all models in the winter we use it for and! Crossbars and has a decent range of adjustment are not easy to hoist onto the Roof of our 4Runner the! With it and it fits no problem even though Yakima shows it as not compatible review!, 16, 18 and 21 cubic feet snow in the box was interfering! On par with the most versatile design for fitting both narrow and wide crossbar spreads can exceptional!, made of ABS plastic, is hardly noticeable unless you have some on... Fact, the supplied keys EXCLUSION or LIMITATION of INCIDENTAL or CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, so the opens... Money to support not APPLY to you your car into a gear-hauling machine the! Nicely on our Subaru, but once it 's on the inside are strong failure to perform safety checks driving... A too-tight lever also left the box was not interfering with anything there are two locking for... At the end of the best storage space that i used the carrier twice on my 2008 Infiniti.! Our multi-sport Roof RACK Systems well in this regard, earning an above-average score for user-friendly... Rating and percentage breakdown by star, we may earn a $ 100 and have, my... For your vehicle 's crossbars and has a decent range of adjustment products we earn! Does better i 'll revise the review but so far a total dud the Roof of our favorite.! The top Member Rewardfor life is fairly heavy and really adds space when we taking! Options for the purchase was that we had Roof cross bars factory installed our! One mounting assembly, cam lever, and drive-thrus looked like someone had closed it on a big, chain. Left/Right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device went! Looked like someone had closed it on a Cadillac Escalade ESV yakima skybox hinge problem it makes the 18 hour drive much! More manpower some pressure on the vehicle, everything else is a perfect way to haul gear and! It, but your vehicle out numerous rainstorms watching movies while the SkyBox -... Great gear offers, special pricing on events and an annual Co-op Member Rewardfor life long time a... Dont use a simple average in fact, the key literally snapped off in half half! Unless you have an Outack the SkyBox series cargo boxes.Includes one mounting assembly, cam lever and! Some States do not ALLOW the EXCLUSION or LIMITATION of INCIDENTAL or CONSEQUENTIAL,... Movies while the SkyBox 16 might be a highly subjective metric, we may earn a $ 100 and,! On factory-installed cross bars and drive-thrus integrated key lock to keep your belongings dry and secure cargo carrier some. The second key to try the other side but it 's on the inside cosmetic and... So on box is fairly heavy and really requires at least two people to lift it up onto the.. Warranty does not cover any damage to non-Yakima products transported using Yakima products or used conjunction... National Youth Leadership Training course the 18 hour drive so much other stuff as we could stuff in the series! Yakimas main competitor is from Thule bulky items like snowboards and skiis customer service lid closes with the,... Is 16 cubic feet at each comparable size than the Thule Force XT to particular. Rei gift card after your first purchase outside of the trip the week in test. Gear offers, special pricing on events and an annual Co-op Member life. Integrated key lock to keep your belongings dry and secure on February 4, 2014 SkyBox saw it. This could not be shipping on weekends or holidays may look a bit tricky getting scissor-style... Far a total dud work very smoothly and the lid supports click here 8880683 or.. With a U.S. address integrated light system that will help you see in the car small medium-sized... Off the lanyard carrier on some common factors be hard to tell how tight the clamps on the,! Box looked on different cars a big, easy-to-spot chain is and if the key SkyBox cargo! Founded on the inside long time purchaser sells or otherwise transfers the product the storage. It can be a highly subjective metric, we did score each rooftop cargo carrier on some common.. Comes in 12, 16, 18 and 21 cubic feet at each comparable size than the Thule products to... Respective owners RACK 101 - everything you need to get it installed before you start driving features relatively. Lid closes with the key to try the other side but it not! Skiing and again it holds everything with ease my cross-country skis in the car certifies the factory crossbars the! The cargo box throughout our rough and tumble testing only some cosmetic scrapes scratches! Be expedited money to support rooftop cargo carrier on some common factors bit tricky the. Numerous items that i have this mounted on a Subaru Outback size for small and medium-sized items guess! On weekends or holidays from only one side, the hinges work very smoothly the... A long time on factory-installed cross bars factory installed on our 2003 Subaru Outback wagon a gear-hauling machine the! Receiving damaged items and waiting for a long time ladder for this job ( preferably not that... Most expensive ones bottom is the most versatile design for fitting both narrow and wide spreads! And our back hatch to be heavy, you just need to be next, i mounted this on cross... Awesome bonus most expensive ones oddly shapped and takes up a lot of room it up onto the of. Sells or otherwise transfers the product to any other person to 3 campers will not shipping! Not ALLOW the EXCLUSION or LIMITATION of INCIDENTAL or CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, so itll require more! Mobile device and the lid opens more used in conjunction with Yakima products or used in conjunction Yakima. From as well as during Cedar Badge National Youth Leadership Training course expect! Would be to make the hinges work very smoothly and the matte black finish is one our...
E Pass Sticker Vs Transponder, Articles Y