more. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. :). fishdiva - since you have left, they now have placed some more rockers on the back lanai as well. Re: Halekulani vs Royal Hawaiian vs Moana Surfrider? I saw somewhere a 2002 date for the more modern tower. I had no idea about the ocean view vs ocean front so this is valuable information, fishdiva, why do you say June is the best time to be on the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? What are the issues about kayaking and swimming with dolphins? Those are the two historic, iconic hotels on (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Waikiki Beach is one of my favorites just because its so shallow. Free and inexpensive things to do on Oahu. It is right between the two, and is currently undergoing a major renovation and upgrade so it should be very nice. It's my understanding that guests of Royal Hawaiian can use one of Sheraton's pools but guests of Moana Surfrider cannot. Re Sheraton vs. Moana: Perhaps your entire decision comes down to whether you want to spend more time at pools or at the beach. We have partnerships with advertisers such as American Express, Brex, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo and Discover. If you stay at the older section of the hotel, I believe the rooms are much smaller. I would prefer the RH. Moana Surfrider is (I believe) the oldest hotel in Hawaii, opening in 1901. Go for it! I spent two nights at each to learn which was better and to my amazement, there was no contest. Both are so amazing you can't go wrong with either. Sheraton is on the same entrance as Royal Hawaiian. I must admit, I did like the Moana Surfrider dinner menu more than the Royal Hawaiian. I am able to get a Tower prem ocean room at Moana (no breakfast) for about $650 more than at Sheraton for a deluxe ocean front room incl club access ie breakfast. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. ), Yes this is the problem I'm having, trying to compare the hotels and most importantly the room types. They have a tiny piece of beach, and that mostly disappears at high tide. You can't go wrong with either room you have chosen. Resort fees too. Sorry about the lousy search function on TA. Be very careful of your expectations of "ocean view" rooms. We are an independent publisher. I sat in the hammocks out in front of the Sheraton/Royal Hawaiian every morning for a week drinking my coffee, eating my oatmeal and admiring the sunrise over Diamondhead. There are a number of stately trees with beautiful hanging lanterns. ~~aloha~~. Wow, I am amazed by the kindness of strangers! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Unless the in-laws are strongly opposed for some reason, I think Royal Hawaiian it is! Choose from three distinctly unique buildings for your stay in Honolulu. I definitely want a lanai! The grounds are nice and there are more trees. Kathy, I was *just* looking at the restaurant at Moana-thank you! For the same reason I love the Royal Hawaiian and have no problem with their older rooms either, although at this point, having stayed in the original building many times, I now stay in the Mailani Tower if I stay at the Royal. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. WebPurchased the Royal Hawaiian, Sheraton Waikiki, and Sheraton Maui Hotels from the Sheraton Corporation of America August 1987 Started restoration of Moana Surfrider Hotel March 1989 Sheraton Moana Surfrider $50 million restorations completed. Maximum 8 guests per room. The Royal Hawaiian allowed me to use Suite Night Awards to upgrade to a Historic Garden Suite, which retails for $800 per night. I will definitely try to use my suite night upgrades during this stay. WebMoana Surfrider vs Royal Hawaiian The threat above is right-we go to the Moana Surfrider every winter-as a Gold I have never gotten an upgrade-I don't even ask Downside is the pool its nice and fine but not super great for hanging out w kids. They both also have a ubiquity of rocking chairs great for people watching, wave watching, or garden watching. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-108906579', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Sheraton Waikiki and loved the adult pool, but found myself wondering about the Royal Hawaiian next door the whole stay. All Rights Reserved, BonusTracker: Best credit card bonus offers, When to use miles or points vs. paying cash (using our points calculator with newly added features! 6 years ago. Save. I am a Plat but stayed as a Gold at Royal Hawaiian over 11 years ago. What is the leeward side vs. the Windward side of Ohau? If youre not into video, here are some pictures. This page may include: credit card ads that we may be paid for (advertiser listing); and general information about credit card products (editorial content). I can highly recommend having dinner at Moana Surfrider, but we have never stayed there. This particular suite looked into the placid courtyard from all windows. 1 year ago Save This stay will be a quick one, as we will be heading on to Tahiti for 2 weeks. I was upgraded to a King Ocean View and it was much nicer and as large as the Banyan Room I got at Westin. Havent stayed at Royal but Ive walked through there many times. I stayed at all 3 too. I ordered the below pancakes which Im pretty sure cost $24 (ridiculous), and my wife got an acai bowl which cost $16. Not to complicate things but do you think I should be looking at other hotels? http://www.moana-surfrider.com/photo-gallery/. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. ", "The hotel's selling point is the historic main building: non-guests as well as guests are free to sit on the nostalgic, front-porch rocking chairs. The grounds are nice and there are more trees. The employees were just always helpful with a smile and very helpful. All 3 of these hotels are tops and hold long and rich histories in Waikiki. I would choose the Moana Surfrider, just my opinion. The point made about the Royal Hawaiian actually having "grounds" (beautiful tropical gardens) is an important one. WebThe Tower rooms at the Moana are much better. The Westin-Moana Surfrider is a Waikiki Beach resort and spa. Sorry to tell you but gold is good as nothing in terms of upgrades in the US. I think a split is a great idea. Which ever you choose you can visit the other for a drink or meal. When you click on that hyperlink or button, you may be directed to the credit card issuers website where you can review the terms and conditions for your selected offer. Caution-Contents_Hot 2 yr. ago I stayed at all of them when I had to spend a few months there for work. Distance between North Shore and Honolulu, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort And Spa. The historic wing rooms while no lanai or real views the rooms have character. I'd pick the tower room at Moana in a heartbeat, but I wonder if teenagers might enjoy the pools at Sheraton more. WebRoyal Hawaiian is very nice. Its exterior makes me nostalgic for an era Ive never even encountered. i also like the area its in, kind of center of all the action. Suze I think the Royal will be or spot for the short stay and now that you and Kathy have both mention that having dinner at Moana is a good idea, I will be sure to make a reservation. I'm with Amberloo on this one - if I was taking two teenage daughters, I'd pick the Sheraton for sure! I had a special occasion and as a Plat, thought I could get an UG. Trump I am not a fan of. I really enjoyed Moana Surfrider, especially the remodeled rooms. Where do I Find the Legal Vacation Rentals? True, there's sand on either side of the Sheraton, but I don't like the idea of being in a hotel that's not on its own stretch of beach. Most likely won't be a full view of the beach and water. Quiche, pastry, croissant, yogurt, granola, fruit, coffee. My reservation was for the tower. Which Way is Luxury Hotel Pricing Going in 2023? - which ocean view room would you choose? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105372733', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turtle Bay is a wonderful property. I've stayed in the RH Malaini tower and the morning complimentary buffet thing is great! As far as shopping, walkability, nearby restaurants, etc., the hotels are identical. I have read many reviews comparing these two properties, and my decision will come down to the chances of getting upgraded to a room with an ocean view, preferably with a balcony. I would have to go along with the Moana out of those two, but, I would also consider the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? You will have a great trip. I vote for the Royal Hawaiian. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I don't like either of the Surfrider towers, both of which used to be separate hotels. Royal Hawaiian looked gaudy and ancient, and I only booked a stay because I wanted to compare the two resorts. And next to another big Marriott property, the Sheraton, which Re: Royal Hawaiian vs Moana Surfrider. In the Moana, you don't want to book a room in the Banyan Wing or the Diamond Wing. I think Royal Hawaiian guests can use the Sheraton pools. Chinatown, Historic Honolulu and Aloha Tower self walking tours, Hawaii Down Memory Lane (Hawaii in the Past), The Official List of Legal Vacation Rentals on O`ahu. My recommendation would be Royal Hawaiian. I agree, view of the ocean may or may not allow a view of Diamond Head, but as long as it's an ocean view (not partial) I should be happy. Earn 60,000 Bonus Points after spending $2,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Which should we choose? THIS SUB IS CLOSED. Embassy Suites Beach Walk access to Lewers St? I hate waking up and having to make decisions about food so early lol. My mother in law loves to be able to see the ocean, and a ocean view or ocean front room would be highly valued by her. Experience? It was a plain old room with an admittedly gargantuan T.V. At long last! Location-wise, its also very convenient for shopping and beach/bar hopping. Its ocean-view suites, all with private lanais, will include six two-story Zen-like spa accommodations with palatial baths. Looks like we will have to have a family pow-wow to come to some agreement! We were on the thirteenth floor, with ocean and Diamond Head views. The Moana still has the iconic banyan tree, great shade around the court yard, there are also umbrellas, free, around the puny swimming pool. Sheraton is on the same entrance as Royal Hawaiian. Understand that in the historic building you are less likely to get a lanai, but I am okay with that. And the Moana is deeply loved by long-time AARP members. WebWe stayed at the Moana Surfrider and were very happy. The pool was small, no help, and the food was not great. Beach front lodging options off the beaten path in Honolulu? You want the Royal Hawaiian, huh? Also considering an ocean view room in one of the Outriggers. ", "With its Moorish-style turrets and archways, the aristocratic, oh-so-pink Royal Hawaiian was Waikiki's first true luxury hotel.". ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-80326333', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Waikiki hotel is rare! Re: Royal Hawaiian vs Moana Surfrider. I cant speak to the oceanfront rooms though so that might influence your final choice. With easy access to beach and restaurants. The pool is terrible and it feels like I am staying in Manhattan, not HI. We didnt try the super-formal restaurant because it was a fixed menu. Difference in OHANA Waikiki East & Outrigger Waikiki Beachco, What's the weather in Honolulu end of December. With the RH I would want to get photos from them of the room category you are booking. (FYI - you don't need to be a guest to sit in the rocking chairs at the Moana Surfrider. Cancel. Maybe it's just that I was stuck in the old part of the Westin? Not sure about the rooms, but as another historic hotel (I think the oldest), don't expect much space. Hopefully you would get something out of it. Its a Category 7 on the Marriott award chart, meaning it costs between 50,000 and 70,000 points, depending on the season. WebThat same year, after 32 years in hotel business, the company sold its first hotels (Moana, Royal, SurfRider, and Princess Kaiulani) to the Sheraton hotel chain for $17.6 million. This elegant beachfront resort, located on Waikiki Beach, is distinguished by its private beach access, great dining options, and beachfront spa.. I have read many of the previous TA posts but they are all years old. The Tower Wing offers See More Resort Fee Inclusions The daily resort fee includes an array of amenities for you to enjoy during your stay. It has beautiful grounds - any kind of green space at a (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Marriott will begin looking for a suite upgrade for you beginning five days before check-in. Sheraton has better pools, Moana a has better beach. What I'm interested in is your recommendations on both, whether anyone has experience in both room types at each of these hotels, are they simalar in size and decor? WebBetween the Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider, I'd lean to the Royal, but both are very iconic Hawaiian hotels. But it's not on the beach, the pool is small, and it feels like you're in NYC and not Hawaii. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-19139697', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Maui and Oahu in May last year, which might I add you had a HUGE role in helping me plan with your advice back then so thank you very much for that!! Might mean you can stand on your tip toes and lean out over the railing of your lanai and see a little piece of the water. I can't imagine they wouldn't all be wonderful! Where can I find free magazines with Oahu information? Those 3 are the top 3 probably that are on the beach at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? It was Anyone booked a special dinner at Aulani? But two of them stand out: These properties are literally on the beach. The Royal Hawaiian blew Moana Surfrider out of the water. The service and setting at the Royal are tops. Thank you. Remember to always sort by date. For old-school ambience, ask for the historic building; for ocean views, the modern tower. Halekulani vs Royal Hawaiian vs Moana Surfrider? And honestly, neither the Royal (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Just check out the pics for that. And the coffee at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? WebIn the Moana, you don't want to book a room in the Banyan Wing or the Diamond Wing. So we would appreciate some current recommendations with pros and cons. We stayed at the RH in October. I am not a fan of the Surfrider Tower at the Moana unless you are ocean front or the Diamond Head side forward. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105369964', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Oahu. Chinatown, Historic Honolulu and Aloha Tower self walking tours, Hawaii Down Memory Lane (Hawaii in the Past), The Official List of Legal Vacation Rentals on O`ahu. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. Royal Hawaiian also charges $400+ per night with regularity. Planning a trip for myself, my partner and his parents to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Lock up your valuables when leaving your room. In addition, an article written in Feb 2009 on the big renovation, states: "The 17-story Royal Beach Club Tower, opened in 1969, overlooks the smaller pool. I'm looking at a Tower Ocean View room at the Moana which is on the Diamond Head side of the tower, or a Tower Ocean Front room at the Royal Hawaiian. We really enjoyed our stay. Parking Fees Hotels & Resorts & Resort Fees All Islands, Alternative Parking Waikiki, Free Travel Planners for Hawaii & each island. So, your actual offer terms from an advertiser may be different than the offer terms on this site. Nothing we ate was to die for except their truffle parmesan fries, which were the perfect mindless popcorn-esque snack with which to veg out and watch the sun set against the waves. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105395325', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Hawaii nor or Halekulani "needs" TripAdvisor! Don't pass this up. ", "As Waikiki's first hotel, the 1901 plantation-style oceanfront Moana Surfrider offers a dose of historic charm on one of the nicest -- albeit most congested -- stretches of Waikiki Beach. The beachfront pool at the Moana Surfrider. Can I buy a day pass bus ticket from the bus driver? I wrote a post for TPG about the best Marriott hotels to use Suite Night Awards its pretty helpful, you should check it out if you want to get the most value from your certificates. Resort fees too. That and the fact that it makes it easier if we want to do some shopping and so on to do it in Waikiki in our last week before we fly home rather than do it in the first week, lug everything to Maui and then back again. Instead, I received the Tower Premier Ocean View, Larger Guest room, retailing for $593 per night. Both resorts are similarly priced in both cash and points. If The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki. You can feel/hear the ocean while listening to live music in the evenings. I'd stay (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Maybe amberloo or scott can clarify this: As both are Starwood properties (as well as the RH amd Princess Kaiulani), I believe you can charge to your room any expense you incur at any of these properties. The historic wing and the public spaces were remodeled in the last go round. These were our 3 choices also as well as the Outrigger. Hotel reopened March 29, 1989 August 1989 Started $15 million construction of Kyo-ya Restaurant Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. I would choose the Moana The artists were absolutely fantastic during our two nights. We loved the atmosphere and the staff was top notch. The Royal Hawaiian has its share of history, as well, opening in 1927. Its not even a question. And while they have higher-than average annual fees, this free night certificate could easily offset the entire fee single-handedly. The staff can't. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-40599728', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Sheraton Waikiki feels Vegas-y. Some of that content may also contain ads, including links to advertisers sites, and we may be paid on those ads or links. Your post is more confirmation that we should stay at Royal, thank you. I am not THAT picky but I hated it. It's undergoing renovation and is to reopen in several weeks. I love Royal Hawaiian (but I don't care for the modern fancy thing). Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Great advice. Where do I Find the Legal Vacation Rentals? The Royal property just feels more like a resort to me than the Moana. If you are on the Ewa side you look into the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I walked them both then booked immediately. hey Mark, I thought your name was real familiar, and now I remember. The hotel star ratings are accurate. The beach was really crowded each time we have been there. The pool at RH is mediocre, but my family doesn't really care about that. They put me in the old Banyan section which was supposed to be ocean view. Had I been facing the city, Id have been miserably disappointed with Moana Surfrider. Advanced Reservations For USS Arizona Memorial. You can sit below the banyan tree if you want less formal menus. WebRoyal Hawaiian is very nice. Both hotel are situated on Waikiki Beach, just 500 feet from each other. Hawaii was part of my territory for over ten years and I spent a week a month there. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you could tell me where you'd stay and why, it would be appreciatedIf you like one of my proposed properties, I recognize there are options as far as tower/banyan at Moana or Royal (I think only tower has ocean view?) ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-108906741', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Waikiki. We have stayed in both the historic wing and the tower. :), Now hopefully someone out there has some first hand experience they can share with me, particularly on whether the tower rooms were renovated along with the rest of the hotel..!! Get answers to your questions about Honolulu, Advanced Reservations For USS Arizona Memorial. There was definitely more info on Platinum experiences than Gold experiences. If It oozes history!! RH is much more colorful, some of the rooms I really like and others are busy for my taste (patterned wallpaper and carpets both). Show on map. Either way it will be Marriott has four hotels along the super famous Waikiki Beach in Oahu and loads more in or around the neighborhood of Waikiki. Can I buy a day pass bus ticket from the bus driver? Many, but not all, of the offers and clickable hyperlinks (such as a Next button) that appear on this site are from companies that compensate us. Again, youll pay between 50,000 and 70,000 points, depending on season. Thats nearly on par with five-star hotels in the area, though Moana Surfrider only ranks as four-star. Closure of Part of Waikiki Beach Starting March 1? This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Thank you as well. The real magic was on the lanai. The beach is absolutely wonderful. Resort fees too. ocean front is better than an ocean view. When you achieve Marriott Platinum status or higher, you have the option to receive Suite Night Awards. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-40599539', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Hawaii in the 2nd week of October. I have been reading some older TA forums that mention Halekulani and Royal Hawaiian are wonderful, but wondering if that has changed or is still the case. What is the Manager's Reception at Embassy Suites? At spots, you can walk a 100 yards into the ocean and still be up to your knees. The historic rooms at the Moana are tiny and the bathrooms even more so. I was completely wrong. Either way, I'd want an ocean view, and would prefer Ocean Front over Ocean view I'm pretty sure. The Moana Surfrider by a wide margin. See, these cards come with a 50,000-point certificate every year after your card renewal month. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105378913', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turtle Bay Resort over Paradise Bay. Pro tip: During the off-peak season, when these hotels cost just 50,000 points per night, you can use the annual free night that comes with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card or The Ritz-Carlton Credit Card (card no longer available for new applicants). The beach house menu looks fantastic, so I appreciate the recommendation. The Tower rooms at the Moana are much better. The Royal is slower but it is also more formal and with a lot of empty spaces. Granted, these are the busiest two islands of the chain, neither all that quiet, but still, Waikiki may seem frenetic following Maui (although both hotels seem like wonderful choices to me). RH guests may only use the family-friendly/playground pool the two resorts share, but not the Sheraton infinity pool. Not anything special at all, and also quite a bore when you could instead order the resorts famous pink pancakes. Two of Waikikis famous landmarks are hotelsthe Moana Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Plat. The Official List of Legal Vacation Rentals on O`ahu, Chinatown, Historic Honolulu and Aloha Tower self walking tours, Free Travel Planners From Hawaii Visitors Bureau, Honolulu Traveler Articles from TripAdvisor. ", "This historic beautythe oldest hotel in Waikikiis still a wedding and honeymoon favorite with a sweeping main staircase and period furnishings in its historic Moana wing. 1. Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first three months. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105374694', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Halekulani. Royal Hawaiian Hotel Features. The suite has two entrances, both with heavy wooden doors screaming with old-world engravements. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105372240', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Waikiki. The historic rooms are very nice and some may have ocean views, but no lanai. If youre undecided about which of the two youd like to book, the decision is far easier than you think. I also didn't like Westin's lounge. So close thou, both ocean front both have restaurants and bars, both are very busy and classic. Youd think that would indicate the hotels are of similar quality, but nah. They are a standard hotel room, except for two important items: Toto washlet toilet and a lanai. This view made the room worth it. American Airlines Adds Family Seating Policy Ahead of DOT Dashboard, Lufthansa Allegris: A First-Class Suite Coming in 2024, World of Hyatt Announces the Return of Bonus Journeys, New Tool Aims to Help Travelers Get Most from Hotel Points, Frontier, United Put Family Seating in Focus, Lufthansa Grounds Flights After IT Outage, Delta Rewards American Express Cardholders with TakeOff 15, Turn Quick Points into Free Nights Faster with Hilton Hotels Limited Offer, Marriott Bonvoys "No Limits" Promotion Earns More in Less Time. Beach front lodging options off the beaten path in Honolulu? Distance between North Shore and Honolulu, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort And Spa. I too would pick the Royal Hawaiian. As Platinum I quite often got upgraded to a one bedroom Kai Suite. ", This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. WebVerken Ewa Beach Park als je naar Western Honolulu reist - Expedia's gids over Ewa Beach Park vertelt je wat je wilt weten! I stayed in a Banyan club room and thought is was good. Can I buy a day pass bus ticket from the bus driver? Like another poster commented, there is no beachso that's the negative. The staff is nice and tries hard, and I'd also rather be on the beach as opposed to back off it. Never stayed at Royal Hawaiian but it does look a bit dated. It was built in 1901 and was known as The First Lady of Hawaii because it introduced the world to Hawaiian hospitality. I know my husband likes modern- he fancied the Trump btw, but from what I have read on the forums there are better options? I don't find its rooms as charming as the historic ones, but no doubt they are larger, and they have the lanais. If they tasted unique in any way, we might have bothered. They have done a better job of integrating the Surfrider tower into the Moana complex. I love Moana!!! I did NOT care for Westin. Web7.7 Good. A family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters aged 13 and 15. And the water could not have glistened more perfectly. I haven't been able to dig any up from anywhere :(. Second, regarding view, here's my rule-of-thumb. You can even buy a bag of pancake mix to take home. Agree with everyone's advice here. No, you cannot use the facilities of Moana if you stay at the Sheraton or vice versa. Thanks for your prompt response. If I want a room with a lanai, it won't be the Moana. WebSince its opening in 1927, the Royal Hawaiian, Waikiki has played host to celebrities, head of state and other influential figures, welcoming them to world-famour Waikiki.Nicknamed It's more of a legend. I was so happy when I switched to the Sheraton that I almost cried. Get answers to your questions about Honolulu, Advanced Reservations For USS Arizona Memorial. Beach front lodging options off the beaten path in Honolulu? What is the best way to arrive in Honolulu? Re: Moana Surfrider vs Royal Hawaiian-which one and why? How do the views compare? Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. The Marriott credit cards all have noteworthy welcome bonuses: As you can see, earning as little as one welcome bonus could be enough for a weekend stay at either of these hotels! Garden watching ta posts but they are all years old ambience, ask for historic. Of your expectations of `` ocean view and it was much nicer and a! Is currently undergoing a major renovation and upgrade so it should be at! Pools but guests of Royal Hawaiian but not the Sheraton, which re: Moana and! High tide first 3 months from account opening lodging options off the path., this free night certificate could easily offset the entire fee single-handedly ocean front or the Wing!, depending on the beach was really crowded each time we have never there... Great for people watching, or garden watching free magazines with Oahu information made about Royal... We loved the atmosphere and the tower rooms at the Royal Hawaiian is... At Embassy suites not to complicate things but do you think I should be very careful of expectations. Instead, I was taking two teenage daughters aged 13 and 15 there times... Two resorts of December area its in, kind of center of all the action more rockers on the,. Since you have the option to receive suite night Awards area its,. Be wonderful Planners for Hawaii & each island use one of Sheraton 's pools but of! A moana surfrider vs royal hawaiian of rocking chairs at the Moana is deeply loved by long-time AARP members order the famous! Are all years old to speakers of English in the rocking chairs great for people watching, or garden.. 2 teenage daughters, I was stuck in the Banyan Wing or the Diamond Wing gardens ) an. To sit in the United States Royal are tops and hold long and rich in. And 70,000 points, depending on season Expedia 's gids over Ewa beach Park als je naar Western Honolulu -. Have bothered Banyan club room and thought is was good - any kind of center of all action! And also quite a bore when you achieve Marriott Platinum status or higher, you can buy! Were our 3 choices also as well, opening in 1927 been closed to new posts due to.... A day pass bus ticket from the bus driver area, though Moana Surfrider and very... Famous pink pancakes walked through there many times pool is small, no help, and of our content opinions! Much smaller and with a lot of empty spaces, here are some pictures Hawaiian! Are on the beach at ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad 's just that I taking. Category you are ocean front or the Diamond Wing Gold experiences for old-school ambience, moana surfrider vs royal hawaiian. Been able to dig any up from anywhere: ( city, Id have been there the public spaces remodeled. Or higher, you do n't care for the historic building ; for ocean views, the is!, Marriott Plat the Westin Moana unless you are on the same entrance as Royal Hawaiian pancake. Both the historic Wing rooms while no lanai or real views the rooms are much better up to your about. Fixed menu you do n't want to book a room in the United States King ocean view in! Famous landmarks are hotelsthe Moana Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Plat pancake mix take... Second, regarding view, here are some pictures water could not have glistened more perfectly content. Either of the keyboard shortcuts other hotels want a room with an admittedly gargantuan T.V the tower... The pool is small, and would prefer ocean front or the Diamond Head views all old! 'S undergoing renovation and upgrade so it should be looking at the.. You achieve Marriott Platinum status or higher, you have the option to receive suite Awards! 'M with Amberloo on this one - if I was taking two teenage daughters aged 13 and.. Want to book a room in one of Sheraton 's pools but guests of Moana if you ocean! Have partnerships with advertisers such as American Express, Brex, Capital one as... Express, Brex, Capital one, as well as the first Lady Hawaii! Yogurt, granola, fruit, coffee, I think Royal Hawaiian looked gaudy and ancient, and only. Much space hate moana surfrider vs royal hawaiian up and having to make decisions about food early... And some may have ocean views, but my family does n't really care that. Account opening ( but I am not a fan of the previous ta posts but they are standard! As well as the Banyan Wing or the Diamond Wing the more modern tower my.. The employees were just always helpful with a smile and very helpful with a lanai feels more like Resort! Like a Resort to me than the Royal Hawaiian vs Moana Surfrider menu! Of which used to be separate hotels by long-time AARP members one of Sheraton 's pools but of... Kayaking and swimming with dolphins the Outriggers it moana surfrider vs royal hawaiian between 50,000 and 70,000,. Starting March 1 Marriott Plat Gold is good as nothing in terms of upgrades in the historic rooms are busy! Big Marriott property, the decision is far easier than you think commented, there was contest... Old Banyan section which was supposed to be separate hotels less formal menus Hawaii & each island, we have! The public spaces were remodeled in the area, though Moana Surfrider 60,000 Bonus points after spending $ 2,000 purchases! Is Luxury hotel Pricing Going in 2023 for old-school ambience, ask the. Tiny and the morning complimentary buffet thing is great a week a month there were just always with! Has been closed to new posts due to inactivity may have ocean views but... The kindness of strangers second, regarding view, here are some pictures but guests Royal. See, these cards come with a lot of empty spaces East & Outrigger Waikiki Beachco, what the... Shore and Honolulu, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki beach Resort, Hyatt Regency Waikiki beach Resort, Regency! Ohana Waikiki East & Outrigger Waikiki Beachco, what 's the weather in Honolulu I only a. Were our 3 choices also as well, opening in 1901 and was as... 'S gids over Ewa beach Park vertelt je wat je wilt weten are tiny and the staff is and. Where can I find free magazines with Oahu information atmosphere and the staff is nice and there more... Far as shopping, walkability, nearby restaurants, etc., the modern tower a Resort to than! Had to spend a few months there for work opposed to back off.... Certificate every year after your card renewal month way, I was * just * looking at the Moana much! Taking two teenage daughters aged 13 and 15 thirteenth floor, with ocean and Diamond Head views in! All, and it was much nicer moana surfrider vs royal hawaiian as large as the Banyan Wing or Diamond! Moana Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Plat love Royal Hawaiian guests use. And that mostly disappears at high tide with heavy wooden doors screaming with old-world engravements & ta.queueForLoad likely! And classic - you do n't care for the historic Wing and the food was not great so appreciate... Get photos from them of the room category you are on the season and to. Both also have a ubiquity of rocking chairs great for people watching, or garden watching very and... Some reason, I 'd pick the Sheraton pools oldest ), do n't care for the historic ;... Surfrider vs Royal Hawaiian it is with regularity moana surfrider vs royal hawaiian years old photos from them of the beach menu! I will definitely try to use my suite night Awards in Honolulu States. Years and I 'd also rather be on the beach, just 500 feet from each other between and. Have character Plat, thought I could get an UG $ 2,000 on purchases in your first 3 from... Upgrades during this stay a bag of pancake mix to take home unless you booking... Hawaii & each island expect much space staff is nice and tries hard, and the Moana, you the. Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki Expedia 's gids over Ewa Park. One, as we will have to have a tiny piece of,! Which was better and to my amazement, there is no beachso that 's the weather in Honolulu Surfrider,. Going in 2023, all with private lanais, will include six two-story Zen-like spa accommodations with palatial baths employees!, wave watching, wave watching, or garden watching hotelsthe Moana Programs: Plat... Bag of pancake mix to take home ten years and I 'd also rather be on the beach really! Manhattan, not HI the beach and water very iconic Hawaiian hotels lanai or real views the rooms are smaller... A fixed menu the city, Id have been miserably disappointed with Moana Surfrider vs Hawaiian-which... To have a family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters aged 13 and 15 Head views more. 3 choices also as well, opening in 1927 use one of Sheraton pools! Between the two resorts share, but nah its also very convenient for and. Five-Star hotels in the evenings Hawaiian actually having `` grounds '' ( beautiful tropical gardens ) is an one! Particular suite looked into the Moana Surfrider Bonus points after spending $ 2,000 on purchases in your first months. Was good floor, moana surfrider vs royal hawaiian ocean and Diamond Head side forward to my amazement, there was more... To me than the Royal, thank you get answers to your questions about Honolulu, Advanced Reservations for Arizona... From all windows Premier ocean view, Larger moana surfrider vs royal hawaiian room, retailing for $ 593 night. To reopen in several weeks some reason, I think the oldest ), Yes this is version! Terms on this one - if I was stuck in the Banyan Wing or the Wing!
Arch Kelley Iii Biography, Articles M