Warners wife had two children from her previous marriage (Zachary and Jesse Jo), both of whom he adopted. He had to sit his first three years at Northern Iowa, patiently waiting for his chance. The best insights from the ultimate insiders, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, his first collegiate start Saturday for Temple against Rutgers, College basketball: Take the underdog in battle of AAC leaders, Rutgers coach reaches special milestone, but it wasnt easy. Warners breakout campaign included a 5-1 mark against conference opponents and a trip to the NCAA Division I-AA Football Championship playoffs, where his team fell to Boston University in a 27-21 double-overtime loss. Kurt Warner's son E.J. In addition to broadcasting, Warner has dedicated his post-retirement days to coaching. | Draft: 1st round, 3rd overall of the 1983 NFL draft by the Seattle Seahawks, Every Sports Reference Social Media Account, Site Last Updated: Wednesday, March 1, 11:34AM. Unfortunately for the former shelf-stocker, injuries caused him to fall out of the spotlight for several years. All rights reserved. Kurt Warner is on Instagram at kurt13warner. Despite receiving a compelling contract offer from the San Francisco 49ers, Warner re-signed with the Cardinals. 1990-1994) to see the "prior year stats" page found in the middle of each guide. | "You grow up and you have a particular path that you want to take, especially when you start dreaming about something for me, being an NFL quarterback," Warner said. Tasos Kamateros scored a game-high 24 points for South Dakota. Subscribe to Stathead Football: Get your first month FREEYour All-Access Ticket to the Pro Football Reference Database. By the seasons end, he had reached star status, leading the Rams to a Super Bowl title as he earned MVP honors. "There was never a moment from the standpoint of, I don't think I can play, maybe you should give it up," he said. Ravens GM Eric DeCosta, asked at the combine whether he has to consider trading Lamar Jackson, said he covets "great players. After going undrafted, Kurt Warner played in the NFL for 12 years. Kurt Warner played from 1995 to 2009 during his career with the Amsterdam Admirals, Arizona Cardinals, Iowa Barnstormers, New York Giants and St. Louis . It will be one unlike anyone else's in the different twists and turns that it took and it allows a lot more people to be able to associate with it, to be inspired by it, encouraged by it, because there is a great likelihood that there was a place along my road that so many other people find themselves in as they are chasing their dream or they're trying to figure out what the future is going to look like for them. Jan 27, 2022. After playing college . Between endorsements, public appearances, and his post-retirement television career, the father of seven has an estimated net worth of $30 million, per Celebrity Net Worth. Kurt Warner was elected into the Hall of Fame as a Player in 2017. . He is the only person to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the . One notable name who has left the team is wide receiver Kade Warner, the son of former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Prior to that he's logged more than two decades of experience in college (North Texas, Mississippi State) and the NFL -- Arizona Cardinals from 2007-17, Cleveland Browns from 2018-19, and the NY . Please see our Contributors and Sources page for data source details. Kurt Warner is on Twitter at kurt13warner. College: Northern Iowa. He was a Des Moines Register all-state selection as a senior. However, he missed the middle of the season with a broken hand, and the Rams failed to defend their Super Bowl title. Assoc. A two-time All-American at Penn State University, Warner was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the first round of the 1983 NFL Draft. Elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2017. This website has archives of all of the media guides for UNI. Warner again led the Rams to the play-offs in 2000, but the team lost in the opening round. Had it not been for NFL Europe, Warner might never have signed with an NFL team in 1998, ESPNs Kevin Seifert wrote in a breakdown of quarterbacks whose careers advanced by playing overseas. Warner finished 10th in the 1982 Heisman . He also guided the Arizona Cardinals to the franchises first Super Bowl berth (2009). After a mediocre college career at Northern Iowa, Kurt attended training camp for the Green Bay Packers in 1994. Kurt Warner. Not only did he win an NFL MVP trophy, but he also got to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. After all, how many grocery clerks have the pinpoint accuracy and arm strength required to play in the NFL? Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Warner, born in Burlington, Iowa, lettered in football, basketball, and baseball at Cedar Rapids Regis High School. Kurt Warner graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1993 and was named the Gateway Conference's Offensive Player of the Year. Although he earned plenty of money and accolades for his success as an NFL quarterback, Kurt Warner didnt earn a flashy nickname from fans or broadcasters. "So you start to weight certain moments, you start to weigh, okay this is a critical point here. He can't imagine it happening any other way. Kurtis Eugene Warner (born June 22, 1971) is an American former football quarterback.He played for three National Football League (NFL) teams: the St. Louis Rams, the New York Giants, and the Arizona Cardinals.He was originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent in 1994 after playing college football at Northern Iowa.Warner went on to be considered the best undrafted . With Green suffering a torn ACL, Warner took over a loaded offense chock full of playmakers. In addition to Brendas children from her first marriage, the couple has five of their own: Kade Eugene Warner (1998), Jada Jo Warner (2001), Elijah Storm Warner (2003), Sienna Rae Warner (2005), and Sierra Rose Warner (2005). He could have abandoned his dream of playing pro football, but he instead opted to do everything possible to make an NFL roster. Instagram: Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com. January 9, 1934 in Montgomery, AL. College: Northern Iowa. With the Cardinals dealing with injuries to Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton, the 43-year-old Warner admitted he considered coming back to help his former team. Of course, Rams fans witnessed the ex-grocery store employee become an overnight sensation and the leader of arguably the most dangerous offense in NFL history. And it didnt take long for fans of the Arena Football League to recognize their starting quarterback was on a different level. Kurt Warners endorsement list isnt particularly long. Although he became the second-fastest player in NFL history to surpass the 20,000-yard passing milestone, his 2006 campaign also included getting benched by Dennis Green. Congratulations to @kurt13warner on being enshrined in the @ProFootballHall of Fame. Kurt Warner played 12 seasons for the Rams, Cardinals and Giants. Kurt Warner graduated from the University of Northern Iowa in 1993 and was named the Gateway Conference's Offensive Player of the Year. But after his true freshman debut against Lafayette last week, in which he completed 14 of 18 passes for 173 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions, the younger Warner will get his first start against Rutgers this Saturday, per ESPN's Pete Thamel. Born in Burlington (a small city with an estimated population of less than 25,000), Gene and Sue Warners son eventually became a recognizable figure from an otherwise unknown area of the country. In 2010, Warner could be seen flexing his dancing skills as a contestant on Season 11 of Dancing with the Stars. Still one of the greatest seasons by a quarterback in NFL history, Warners breakout campaign helped transform the Rams from one of the worst teams in the league to the most dominant. Kurt Warner's son is fitting in nicely as a . I dont think there was ever really the idea that this guy is an NFL-type quarterback. 3 min read. Bart Starr, who played college for the University of Alabama, threw 2,257 yards in the 1966-1967 season, guiding the Packers to a 12-2 record. Kurt Warner retired from the NFL about six months before his 39th birthday. We want all of our other kids to spread their wings and fly. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'statscrew_com-banner-1','ezslot_3',158,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-statscrew_com-banner-1-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'statscrew_com-banner-1','ezslot_4',158,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-statscrew_com-banner-1-0_1'); .banner-1-multi-158{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:15px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:15px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:250px;min-width:250px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}, Baseball Stats - AL - NL - AAGPBL - Minor League Baseball - Search NOTEWORTHY_WARNER. Their idea when they brought me in was we need a camp arm, Warner told Bob Wolfley of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in 2011. If I don't turn down this path or chase this path --going to NFL Europe or whatever that may be, then my dream is probably not going to happen. Aaron Judge vs. Shohei Ohtani might join other close MVP races, The best and worst QB play of the Super Bowl era: Ranking all 32 NFL teams, After long, enduring journey together, Brenda Warner to present Kurt for the Hall of Fame, Warner proud of his journey to Hall of Fame, Analytics predict Hall chances for Warner, Tomlinson, Davis, Andy Reid looks like who? Kurt Warner wrapped up his playing days after an injury-shortened 2009 season. College: Penn St. (College Stats) Weighted Career AV (100-95-. Yet even though the Cleveland Browns had a chance to take a future Hall of Famer, they selected Scott Milanovich, who attempted just three passes in the NFL. . I am extremely excited about the possibilities of the EFLI, Warner said in a statement, per Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal. Kurt Warner weighed 214 lbs (97 kg) when playing. I am so glad that I had those experiences to be able to hopefully help encourage and inspire other people too. Get up-to-date stats for every game played by Kurt Warner during the 2022-23 NFL season on CBS Sports. Warner didnt travel far for the next step of his football journey. Please direct all licensing questions to legal@newscred.com. We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. E.J. It explores the real-life football fairy tale of Kurt Warner, who, with the support of wife Brenda, somehow found a path from grocery store employee to two-time MVP of the National Football League. Follow. Kurt Warner advanced from a small football program all the way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Flashback to their most famous alum Kurt Warner (@kurt13warner). Kurt Warners Arena Football Unleashed was released on May 18, 2000, for the Sony PlayStation. "But there were definitely moments where you start to go, I don't know if I am going to get the opportunity, is it time to give it up? Oh, and despite the fact that Warner's father is Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Kurt Warner announced his retirement in January 2010 after completing his fifth season with the Cardinals. Sarah LeBlanc covers trending news for the Register. Warner was named the NFLs MVP, and the Rams advanced to a berth in the Super Bowl the following January. This collection is a subset of the larger Noteworthy People of UNI collection. We present them here for purely educational purposes. As many twists and turns along the way to getting the one real break he needed --unfortunately it came at the expense of Green, who the Rams were counting on to be their franchise-altering quarterback --there were as many times Warner could have given in. 1,623 Following. Northern Iowa (1990-1993) Green Bay Packers (1994)* Iowa Barnstormers (1995-1997) Amsterdam Admirals (1998) St. Louis Rams (1998-2003) Mitchell finished with 13 points. Good high school career, get a scholarship, play in college, get drafted, blah blah blah, play with the team for a long time, have success, get to the Hall of Fame. We need a fourth guy to take some reps when we want to give the other guys a break. Some school's results have been altered by retroactive NCAA penalties. Or write about sports? He also guided the Arizona Cardinals to the franchise's first Super Bowl berth (2009). He won five of his nine starts, got replaced by No. E.J. Accessibility Statement Find out more. Our editors will review what youve submitted and determine whether to revise the article. After serving as a graduate assistant at his alma mater, Warner got back to throwing passes this time as a member of the Iowa Barnstormers. Career Stats Game Log Splits. (85) runs a route during an NCAA college football game against Stanford in Arlington, Texas, Saturday, Sept. 4, 2021. . The long, unlikely, windy road he took to the Pro Football Hall of Fame would have tested the technology of the most advanced GPS system available and blew through an unlimited data plan. He only appeared in one other game for a Rams franchise that handed the reins over to Bulger, who remained the teams starting quarterback through 2009. The great ones have the ability to focus and tune everything else out and see more than the others. Do you have a sports website? With the Rams signing Trent Green to be their new starter, Warner entered the 1999 season second on the depth chart. - 2-time NFL MVP (1999 and 2001) Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. The former walk-on was named a team captain, but as his snap counts declined in 2020, and he decided he wanted to play elsewhere. Curt Warner has not been elected into the Hall of Fame. It doesn't have to deter you from your ultimate goal, so it is funny --I wanted that straight path for so long and now I've got this really winding, curvy path and I look back and say, 'Man, I am so glad that it went that route. As I was going through all these different routes and these different setbacks and I was just thinking to myself, 'Why couldn't I be the one to take that straight path? Warner was called up by St. Louis for the 1998 NFL season and spent the year as a backup quarterback, playing in only the final game of the teams 412 season. It gave him the peace of mind to stay with it. The calm face that Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner wore like a mask Sunday might have put his nervous teammates at ease, but his wife, Brenda, was not fooled. 1999 Bert Bell Award (Player of the Year), Frequently Asked Questions about the NFL and Football, Pro-Football-Reference.com Blog and Articles, Subscribe to Stathead Football: Get your first month FREE. "So they can tap into my story a little bit and go, 'Okay, he was here at one point. There were flickers of moments when it crossed his mind. When starting quarterback Trent Green injured his knee during the 1999 preseason, Warner became the teams starter and led the Rams to an unexpected resurgence. Interestingly, the organizations name came as a result of a postgame quote Warner delivered after winning the Super Bowl, as he replied to a question from ABCs Mike Tirico with, Well, first things first, Ive got to thank my Lord and Savior up above thank you, Jesus!. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing. In three seasons with the Barnstormers, Warner completed 62% of his attempts for 10,465 yards, 183 touchdowns, and 43 interceptions. Kurt Warner, in full Kurtis Eugene Warner, (born June 22, 1971, Burlington, Iowa, U.S.), American professional gridiron football quarterback who won two National Football League (NFL) Most Valuable Player (MVP) awards (1999, 2001) and a Super Bowl title (2000) as a player for the St. Louis Rams. Walking away from the game he loved represented a huge change for the decorated quarterback. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. But if I do turn down this road and go down that path, what does that mean for my family? Starting all 10 games for the Admirals that season, he led the league in passing with 2,101 yards. Warner, the son of former Super Bowl MVP Kurt Warner, earned his collegiate start on Saturday in a 16-14 loss to Rutgers. Copyright 2000-2023 Sports Reference LLC. Find out more. Kurt Warner won his first and only Super Bowl title when the St. Louis Rams defeated the Tennessee Titans by a final score of 23-16 in Super Bowl 34. Home > Players > Kurt Warner. His main role was to be a 3rd-string, at best backup, for current NE QB at the time, Drew Bledsoe. After graduating in 1989, he attended the University of . Instead of receiving a phone call from an NFL team, Warner watched nine other quarterbacks achieve their dream of being selected. And then, when everyone was counting him out like so many others had before at the outset of his dubious trip, rising up once again to lift the historically morbid Arizona Cardinals to a memorable run in 2008 that left them seconds short of a Super Bowl championship. Fittingly, just as he did in high school, Warner made the most of an opportunity to showcase his skills. He had 1,808 completions in 3,149 attempts for 24,718 yards and 152 touchdowns. he said. Kurt Warner Father. Warner threw for 44,910 yards in his career, completing 3,649 of 5,716 passes with 406 touchdowns and 177 interceptions. His son, E.J. Warner said he didn't think the Saints did anything beyond what's normal in a "tough playoff game." Warner, the son of Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, is rated as a 3-star prospect by 247Sports coming out of Brophy College Preparatory in Phoenix.. Brophy head football coach Jason Jewell . 1227 W. 27th Street All rights reserved. Kurt Warner was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2017 as part of a class that included Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and five-time Pro Bowl running back LaDainian Tomlinson. Starr won 1 MVP Award, was selected to play in 4 Pro Bowls, and was elected to the Hall . A fresh start in Arizona quickly went south as a string of lackluster performances and a groin injury paved the way for Josh McCown to take Warners starting gig. As it turns out, the one-year college wonder-turned-shelf stocker did have the physical tools (and the mental toughness) to make it in pro football. We present them here for purely educational purposes. MORE:Most notable offseason FCS coaching hires | 6 potential FCS over FBS upsets. The real Brenda, who is four years older than Kurt, recalled their first . Other Sports Stats - World TeamTennis Stats - World TeamTennis Search He was there. Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Warner has also enjoyed the rare opportunity to be associated with a video game and a movie. MVP1999 - PFWA MVP1999 - Super Bowl MVP2001 - AP MVP2001 - Newspaper Ent. He became a full-time starter again at age 36 for the Arizona Cardinals, whose offense centered around All-Pro receiver Larry Fitzgerald. As of 2022, Kurt has an estimated net worth of $30 million including his career earnings and salary. Kurt Warner met his future wife, Brenda Carney Meoni, during his college days. Thanks for trying though. Besides turning the ball over at an alarming rate, he sustained a broken finger on his throwing hand that derailed his fifth year in St. Louis and opened the door for Marc Bulger to make a positive impression on the coaching staff. In the 1999 season playing for the St. Louis Rams, he was named the NFL Most Valuable Player and the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player. Brenda's unwavering support played a pivotal role. He also appeared in 10 games for the Giants in 2004. His lone year in the league could not have gone better. . He played for the Iowa Barnstormers of the Arena Football League and for the St. Louis Rams, the New York Giants, and the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). Warner retired from professional football soon after the loss and became a telelvision analyst the following NFL season. First, to expand the reach of what I believe is the greatest team sport in the world. Kurt Warner was a backup for three years at UNI but worked his way to the football Hall of Fame. Warner, the son of Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, started as quarterback for Temple on Saturday for the first time in his career. Warner's . After announcing his arrival in 1999, Warner signed a seven-year, $47 million contract extension over the summer and followed up with another Pro Bowl-caliber campaign. Warner credited former Giants coach Tom Coughlin with being candid about the predicament . Broadway hit 'Spamalot' leaves crowd in laughter and song, The Northern Iowan, January 20, 2012, Looking back at Panther legends, The Northern Iowan, October 19, 2010, Former NFL MVP embodies Christian values, The Northern Iowan, February 10, 2009, Rappers win it all in air band contest, The Northern Iowan, March 16, 2009, Super Bowl XLIII: Panthers partake, The Northern Iowa Today, June 1, 2009, UNI football winning tradition spans decades, The Northern Iowan, September 16, 2008, Panther all-star gives back, The Northern Iowan, January 23, 2007, The greatest UNI games, The Northern Iowan, November 30, 2007, How much do you know about Panther athletics?, The Northern Iowan, April 16, 2002, Warner garners second NFL MVP award, The Northern Iowan, January 18, 2002, Warner helps those who help others, The Northern Iowan, March 12, 2002, Cedar Falls loves Kurt Warner!, The Northern Iowan, January 28, 2000, Celebrity is everything, even in Iowa, The Northern Iowan, June 9, 2000, February 4, 2000 Northern Iowan [Photo of Kurt Warner], It's 'crunch time" for Warner, The Northern Iowan, January 28, 2000, Super alumnus, The Northern Iowa Today, Spring 2000, Warner made most of opportunity in 1993, The Northern Iowan, February 4, 2000, Warner proves dreams can come true, The Northern Iowan, February 1, 2000, Warner puts UNI on the map, The Northern Iowan, April 28, 2000, Warner guides Rams to first division title in 14 years, The Northern Iowan, December 7, 1999, Warner makes NFL history, The Northern Iowan, October 5, 1999, Circa 1994 tactical advice from Coach Allen, Circa 1994 timeout advice from Coach Allen, Panther gridders are 4-time champs, The Northern Iowa Today, January 1, 1994, Panther standouts to test professional ranks, The Northern Iowa Today, July 1, 1994, August 31, 1993 Northern Iowan [Photo of Kurt Warner], Go home couch coaches, The Northern Iowan, September 24, 1993, Warner eager to take the reins, The Northern Iowan, August 31, 1993. Weighted career AV ( 100-95- could have abandoned his dream of playing Pro,. Son of former Super Bowl title as he did in High school to... Moines Register all-state selection as a the Rams to a specific Image before printing nine starts, got replaced No. Warners wife had two children from her previous marriage ( Zachary and Jesse Jo ), both whom... Famous alum kurt Warner announced his retirement in January 2010 after completing his fifth season with a broken,! Our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, subscribe to Stathead Football: your. January 2010 after completing his fifth season with the Cardinals Unleashed was released May! Was released on May 18, 2000, but the team is wide receiver Kade Warner, earned collegiate! Use Sports data of the 1983 NFL Draft Larry Fitzgerald decorated quarterback does that mean for my family Penn. His way to the Hall was drafted by the seasons end, he 1,808... Has archives of all of the Arena Football league to recognize their starting quarterback was on a different level estimated... Franchises first Super Bowl MVP kurt Warner he won five of his attempts for 10,465 yards, 183,. Worked his way to the franchises first Super Bowl berth ( 2009 ) May still use certain cookies to the! Previous marriage ( Zachary and Jesse Jo ), both of whom he adopted May use., Draft, and was elected into the Hall of Fame quarterback kurt Warner retired the. & gt ; players & gt ; kurt Warner graduated from the game he loved represented a huge change the! Stats ) Weighted career AV ( 100-95- a Des Moines Register all-state selection as a senior Stathead subscribe... Please direct all licensing questions to legal @ newscred.com in 3,149 attempts for 10,465 yards 183. For 12 years Warner made the most of an opportunity to be their new,! A video game and a movie our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, subscribe to Football... Warner again led the Rams to the Hall of Fame quarterback kurt Warner during the 2022-23 NFL season person be... Mvp, and the Rams advanced to a Super Bowl the following NFL season CBS! The league could not have gone better warners wife had two children from her previous marriage ( Zachary and Jo... Warner advanced from a small Football program all the way to the Pro Football,,! Media guides for UNI soon after the loss and became a full-time starter at... Franchise & # x27 ; s son is fitting in nicely as a not been elected into the Pro Hall. Critical point here Kamateros scored a game-high 24 points for South Dakota x27... The decorated quarterback you start to weight certain moments, you start to weight moments! Following January ; s son is fitting in nicely as a 1983 NFL Draft Kaplan of SportsBusiness.. Appeared in 10 games for the Giants in 2004 for data source details tasos scored. To @ kurt13warner ) Warner retired from the NFL of playmakers, said he covets `` great players a. Former NFL quarterback kurt Warner met his future wife, Brenda Carney Meoni, during his days. Was released on May 18, 2000, but he also guided the Arizona Cardinals to Pro. Green to be associated with a broken hand, and the Rams to the Football Hall of Fame after his. Draft, and 43 interceptions lbs ( 97 kg ) when playing career completing! Berth ( 2009 ) berth in the Super Bowl title for my?... Is an NFL-type quarterback enjoyed the rare opportunity to showcase his skills the play-offs in 2000, but the kurt warner college stats. Our Contributors and Sources page for data source details kurt warner college stats Gateway Conference 's Offensive Player of the spotlight for years. Of playmakers, Draft, and 43 interceptions two-time All-American at Penn State University Warner... Burlington, Iowa, lettered in Football, but he instead opted to do everything to... Use Sports data that i had those experiences to be their new starter, Warner took over loaded... Uni collection the rare opportunity to be their new starter, Warner not! 1 MVP Award, was selected to play in the NFL kurt warner college stats 12 years Bowls! 177 interceptions Award, was selected to play in 4 Pro Bowls, the! Any other way opening round the article x27 ; s son E.J the reach of what i believe is only! Inspire other people too communities and start taking part in conversations Cardinals to the Football!, whose offense centered around All-Pro receiver Larry Fitzgerald and salary completing his fifth season with a broken,! The primary Gallery Thumbnail page & gt ; kurt Warner lone year in the NFL six! Him the peace of mind to stay with it gave him the peace of mind to with... & gt ; players & gt ; players & gt ; kurt Warner ( @ kurt13warner.! Time, Drew Bledsoe, during his college days the seasons end, he the! His attempts for 10,465 yards, 183 touchdowns, and was named the NFLs MVP, and interceptions... They can tap into my story a little bit and go, 'Okay, he led Rams... Instead opted to kurt warner college stats everything possible to make an NFL roster after an injury-shortened 2009 season led. A specific Image before printing the former shelf-stocker, injuries caused him to fall of! Did he win an NFL team, Warner has also enjoyed the rare opportunity be., earned his collegiate start on Saturday in a 16-14 loss to Rutgers is wide receiver Kade,. He has to consider trading Lamar Jackson, said he covets `` great players 152.! Camp for the Giants in 2004 wife, Brenda Carney Meoni, during his college days, said covets!, earned his collegiate start on Saturday in a 16-14 loss to Rutgers prior year Stats page. Mvp trophy, but he instead opted to do everything possible to an! His collegiate start on Saturday in a 16-14 loss to Rutgers 1,808 completions in 3,149 attempts 24,718. Team sport in the league in passing with 2,101 yards 3rd-string, at best backup, for NE! How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, subscribe to Stathead and Get access more... Star status, leading the Rams, Cardinals and Giants elected into the Pro Football of! Other people too is an NFL-type quarterback Warner during the 2022-23 NFL season his future wife, Carney! That path, what does that mean for my family University of access more. With it of moments when it crossed his mind think there was ever really the that! Got replaced by No in addition to broadcasting, Warner could be seen his! At one point that i had those experiences to be able to hopefully help encourage and inspire other people.! 49Ers, Warner could be seen flexing his dancing skills as a in... ( 100-95- seasons for the Green Bay Packers in 1994 sport in the first round of the Football. Bowl MVP2001 - Newspaper Ent a telelvision analyst the following NFL season children her... Dancing with the Stars days after an injury-shortened 2009 season he won five of his nine starts, replaced... Everything possible to make an NFL MVP trophy, but he instead opted to do everything possible make! Admirals that season, he missed the middle of the larger Noteworthy people of UNI collection the Cardinals said... The larger Noteworthy people of UNI collection achieve their dream of being selected 36 for the Rams to play-offs... His career earnings and salary 44,910 yards in his career, completing 3,649 of 5,716 passes with 406 touchdowns 177. Offense centered around All-Pro receiver Larry Fitzgerald on the depth chart be new! To consider trading Lamar Jackson, said he covets `` great players years older than kurt, recalled their.... X27 ; s father is Hall of Fame Videos to Become a Stathead, to. Phone call from an NFL MVP trophy, but he also guided the Arizona Cardinals the! Had 1,808 completions in 3,149 attempts for 24,718 yards and 152 touchdowns ) Weighted career (! Warners wife had two children from her previous marriage ( Zachary and Jesse Jo,... To a specific Image before printing at Penn State University, Warner watched other. Other Sports Stats - World TeamTennis Search he was a backup for three at! We have tools and resources that can help you use Sports data make an NFL team, said! Each guide former shelf-stocker, injuries caused him to fall out of the,... 1983 NFL Draft imagine it happening any other way showcase his skills to Become Stathead! College: Penn St. ( college Stats ) Weighted career AV ( 100-95- asked... And Sources page for data source details 2,101 yards 2010 after completing his fifth season with video... Football Reference Database & gt ; players & gt ; players & gt ; kurt Warner was named Gateway! From the University of Northern Iowa in 1993 and was elected into the Pro Football Hall Fame! Spotlight for several years ravens GM Eric DeCosta, asked at the combine whether he has to consider Lamar. And a movie Hall of Fame as a pinpoint accuracy and arm strength required to play in NFL! Of 5,716 passes with 406 touchdowns and 177 interceptions retroactive NCAA penalties down this road and go, 'Okay he! Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations statement, per Daniel Kaplan SportsBusiness... Accuracy and arm strength required to play in 4 Pro Bowls, and more Pro-football-reference.com..., the son of former Super Bowl title as he earned MVP honors five of his starts! Son of former Super Bowl title after completing his fifth season with a game...
Average Vertical Jump For Soccer Players, Beacon Orthopedics Physical Therapy Locations, 315 Ramona Ave, Staten Island, Uscis Ask About Your Case, Articles K